Thread Tools
Jul 10, 2012, 03:46 PM
Registered User
I'm just not going to fly this week...Last a looked the Halloween colors were still in stock for 150ish shipped to nor tex
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 10, 2012, 05:18 PM
Capt. Z
falcon5's Avatar
Dang sorry to hear that Roger,
Jul 15, 2012, 03:41 PM
Die Meistertinkerer
Frankensteen's Avatar
So very sorry about the crashes...Just got back from our field where there were a couple of tough losses too, including a frightening "loss of signal" crash. The good news of the day was that I flew my falcon for the first time (for me) today. It flew like a dream, lifted beautifully off the grass with half flaps. E Flite retracts hung in there well after 2 flights. Only 25 percent left on my 6600 packs after 3 minute flights, but I was into the throttle quite a bit, fast passes 5 feet off the deck with no trimming needed on the first flight made for big smiles all around!
Last edited by Frankensteen; Jul 15, 2012 at 03:46 PM.
Jul 15, 2012, 04:34 PM
Registered User
Is anybody making the retract covers? I've made them myself before but I was hoping somebody was making them. I think I'm going to try and repair mine, rather than buy a new airframe but I need a canopy (though I might try and repair it) and front wheel retract cover.
Jul 15, 2012, 07:16 PM
More Speed Indeed!
Hossinarizona's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankensteen View Post
So very sorry about the crashes...Just got back from our field where there were a couple of tough losses too, including a frightening "loss of signal" crash. The good news of the day was that I flew my falcon for the first time (for me) today. It flew like a dream, lifted beautifully off the grass with half flaps. E Flite retracts hung in there well after 2 flights. Only 25 percent left on my 6600 packs after 3 minute flights, but I was into the throttle quite a bit, fast passes 5 feet off the deck with no trimming needed on the first flight made for big smiles all around!
Frank,
From when you bought it, to the way it looks now, it looks fantastic! Great job, now when you get tired of it, I will buy it
Jul 15, 2012, 07:44 PM
Registered User
A10pilot's Avatar
mnavarro:

Canopies can be had from norray <norray9963@att.net>. I got one from him and they are first rate. When you say you are looking for retract covers, are you asking for the plastic pieces that you glue into the fuse (these are the ones that the strut and wheel retract into)?

Ed
Jul 16, 2012, 03:55 AM
Senior Member
Arngeir Blakseth's Avatar
Got two more flights on my Falcon yesterday, and I also got a buddy to shoot some video with my phone so here it is :
Falcon 120 Ramtec EDF (5 min 2 sec)
Jul 16, 2012, 07:12 AM
Die Meistertinkerer
Frankensteen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossinarizona View Post
Frank,
From when you bought it, to the way it looks now, it looks fantastic! Great job, now when you get tired of it, I will buy it
Thanks Hoss!!
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:26 PM View Post
bmwk1200s
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). It is temporarily hidden while bmwk1200s edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Jul 18, 2012, 08:43 PM
Die Meistertinkerer
Frankensteen's Avatar
No comment needed...wow.
Jul 20, 2012, 11:28 AM
Registered User
BILLYDSRC's Avatar
Very nice Arngeir Are you making to E-Jets this year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arngeir Blakseth View Post
Got two more flights on my Falcon yesterday, and I also got a buddy to shoot some video with my phone so here it is :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcKwt...yer_detailpage
Jul 20, 2012, 11:49 AM
Senior Member
Arngeir Blakseth's Avatar
Yep, I will be at E-Jets this year.
Jul 20, 2012, 12:04 PM
Registered User
BILLYDSRC's Avatar
Great Can't wait to make that video we were going to do 2 years ago See ya there buddy..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arngeir Blakseth View Post
Yep, I will be at E-Jets this year.
Jul 25, 2012, 03:03 PM
Registered User
Greetings, using the E-turbax 122 mm fan with Nue 1521/ 1.5 Y motor with Air Sally nacelle. what should the exhaust diameter be? Is it 10 percent of FSA?
Jul 25, 2012, 07:45 PM
Registered User
tom bacsanyi's Avatar

Wow!


That would be a real pucker! I would recommend 85 to 90%.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Another Falcon 120 Twin EDF flyguide7 Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 7 Jun 30, 2016 04:52 AM
Discussion Falcon 120 Motor Mount racer1 Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 2 Feb 01, 2010 11:41 PM
Discussion Falcon 120 EDF Conversion flyguide7 Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 6 Nov 28, 2008 08:04 AM
Video Falcon 120 flying wing conversion with a pusher prop Knife Liddle Electric Plane Talk 2 Nov 11, 2008 09:55 AM
Sold Nitroplanes Falcon 120 flying wing conversion Knife Liddle Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Nov 09, 2008 09:09 PM