Oct 26, 2020, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker_plt
Anyways, I値l have some time to try these things as I知 going into quarantine because my wife recently tested positive for covid.
Best wishes for you and your wife during this crazy time. I hope her recovery goes well.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 26, 2020, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solson888
Best wishes for you and your wife during this crazy time. I hope her recovery goes well.
Thanks! We are both in our 20s and healthy so I知 not too worried.
Oct 28, 2020, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker_plt
Anyways, I値l have some time to try these things as I知 going into quarantine because my wife recently tested positive for covid. Hopefully I can solve the issue in that time!
My prayers for you and your wife. And don't worry, quite often positive covid tests are inaccurate.

Here is a suggestion from personal experience. I am currently being limited to my home, but only because I had my shoulder replaced 2 weeks ago. This is a great time to learn and fly micro quads (65mm Whoop) inside the home. It keeps your fingers nimble and it helps deal with the desire to go flying.
Oct 28, 2020, 11:55 AM
Prayers all around.

Hope the COVID is just a nuisance.

Billbo, rest up man, we miss you.
Oct 28, 2020, 05:41 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
I work in the ICU covid department at the hospital as my real job. This disease is real. I have seen too many not make it. I get to wear the lovely PAPR bubble suit at work at times. Our hospital is relatively small and we have had over 400 cases admitted to the hospital since the beginning. These are sick people, not the ones who have minor symptoms and stay home.

RC flying and fishing are my relief from work. We have at least five families within 3 blocks of us where the whole family has it. Luckily to this point I don't test positive. At my age I probably have higher risk. I have taken care of many patients younger than me.

One of the big problems we are starting to see is the staff is quitting and they are hard to replace. You can't make them stay. People can leave any time they want. No one would choose to work in these conditions.
Oct 28, 2020, 07:28 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes! Didn’t mean for the thread to turn to covid, as that subject is already ever present in our lives. I found out I have to quarantine until Nov. 15th so I’ll have plenty of time to work on my Bandit and possibly build a Reaper kit I have along with a vintage Superfly Superflea twin kit I bought off here as the Superflea was the first plane I ever built as a middle schooler. Just have to muster the motivation to work on all three!
Oct 28, 2020, 07:50 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
I work in the ICU covid department at the hospital as my real job.
Hopefully an effective vaccine will be released shortly and you guys will be the first in line. Maybe even some will come back to work if they think they're now immune.
Oct 28, 2020, 07:59 PM
Ft Lauderdale
Safe recovery!

Interesting...hoping for effective vaccine.

My few trips are just to flying fields...
masks, and distancing.

I flew my Bullseye2 tonight... pusher motor,
no LEDs. 10-15 mph winds no problem.

Name: Sunset1028.jpg
Views: 15
Size: 607.5 KB
Description:
Last edited by Number_6; Oct 28, 2020 at 08:04 PM.
Oct 28, 2020, 08:30 PM
Yes, safe recovery. Thanks to Lee and all of the front line workers, heroes. During our self-imposed lock down, flying 5 days a week and combat maintain our sanity.

My favorite motor arrived today in 4 days from order. Exceed RC 3020-1500, a beast. 5 for $52 plus tax. No need to worry about RC Timer issues. Will be snapped up by combat group. Just superb. 4S, 8x6, 80A all day long, comes down cool.
Last edited by Rdimand; Oct 28, 2020 at 08:59 PM.
Oct 29, 2020, 09:06 AM
Hi, We are now back to high alert here in our area of the UK although at the moment i can still go flying with no more than 6 people keeping social distance. I now spend more time now building then flying and my latest finished project is the Rebel. I have just done a static test with a 4s lipo 40amp esc and AT2310/2200 motor. On full throttle iam pulling 40amps and around 630 watts. My question is although i will only doing short full throttle bursts and i would imagine it will unload a little in flight do you think iam cutting it close regarding the esc. Thank you and stay safe.
Oct 29, 2020, 11:09 AM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
I have that motor. It's an excellent spec motor for FPVWRA, whatever that is. Some sort of a wing racing group. They apparently recommend an APC 6x4E and 60A esc.

But you say you will use it intermittently and they probably use full throttle a lot. I like your chances.
Oct 29, 2020, 12:02 PM
RE: Exceed RC @80A, I do hammer the throttle a lot, including some long vertical runs, no babying of that motor. Makes my Cutdown Reaper quite fast.
Oct 29, 2020, 12:10 PM
Ft Lauderdale
Good motors. I was going to say nice for lighter combat wings, must haul.

I use some of their 3025 1130kV 4s 60Amp ESC 9x6 prop for a few wings
to 65" about 4 lbs. Nice setup, middle of the road speed, cool running,
and reliable.... but wouldn't be good at combat.... good target maybe.

More for FPV.

Different missions, different setups.

Cheers.
Last edited by Number_6; Oct 29, 2020 at 12:17 PM.
Oct 31, 2020, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbees
Hi, We are now back to high alert here in our area of the UK although at the moment i can still go flying with no more than 6 people keeping social distance. I now spend more time now building then flying and my latest finished project is the Rebel. I have just done a static test with a 4s lipo 40amp esc and AT2310/2200 motor. On full throttle iam pulling 40amps and around 630 watts. My question is although i will only doing short full throttle bursts and i would imagine it will unload a little in flight do you think iam cutting it close regarding the esc. Thank you and stay safe.
Spoke too soon, Got my Rebel ready for its maiden and now we are in a national lock down again for a month with not being able to leave the house without good reason. Ah well .
Oct 31, 2020, 03:22 PM
Here in Calif, exercise considered OK, have discussed with local police, my getting out flying is my exercise, they are good with that, we stay far away from each other. Tested on several discussions with authorities.
Last edited by Rdimand; Oct 31, 2020 at 03:33 PM.

Quick Reply