*** Meet the Reapers, Titans, Gladiators and Hercs for combat or FPV*** - Page 62 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
May 29, 2011, 09:40 PM
Registered User
Wait, you absolutly have to try the Titan too....and at the same time, drop a scythe in the box, shipping charges will probably be identical anyway So far Titan is my favorite.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 30, 2011, 06:47 AM
Registered User
bamabaxter's Avatar
Yeah, I can see that happening soon. One at a time though, or the wife gets a little pi$$y.
May 31, 2011, 04:39 PM
Registered User
bamabaxter's Avatar
Lee, have you tried the motors from RCtimer yet? Just wondering if they are worth the wait.
May 31, 2011, 06:42 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Lee's Avatar
The quality looks good. I am hoping to test them this week. I did modify one of them by pushing the shaft back through the bell. I did mention didn't I that if you want the motor mount and the nosecone you have to order an additional hardware package.
May 31, 2011, 07:06 PM
Registered User
bamabaxter's Avatar
Yeah...I noticed on the website. I think I am gonna pull the trigger. How long did it take to ship to you?
May 31, 2011, 07:39 PM
Registered User
wheelspinner20's Avatar
I ordered 2 and paid instantly via paypal, on the 15th.... I received confirmation email but no package yet.??
May 31, 2011, 08:35 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Lee's Avatar
Ordered from RCTimers on May 14th, received order on the 29th.

I just got a H.King order in 5 days but everything was in stock. I used the more expensive shipping.

I also put in an order with H.K. for items that were back ordered and don't expect to see it for a while.
May 31, 2011, 08:40 PM
Registered User
bamabaxter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspinner20
I ordered 2 and paid instantly via paypal, on the 15th.... I received confirmation email but no package yet.??
hmm....I may have to look at other options....anyone tried the exceed motor from hobbypartz?....I have debated ordering the lower kv motor from HK and possibly running a larger folding prop. I am going to use the Reaper for FPV only so it is a thought. Any suggestions? Anyone found a decent folding prop setup?
May 31, 2011, 09:23 PM
Registered User
wheelspinner20's Avatar
Quote:
Ordered from RCTimers on May 14th,
lee, did you buy everything they had in stock?? Maybe thats why I'm not getting mine.

Not that its urgent, Just bought them to have spares.
May 31, 2011, 10:43 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Lee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabaxter
hmm....I may have to look at other options....anyone tried the exceed motor from hobbypartz?....I have debated ordering the lower kv motor from HK and possibly running a larger folding prop. I am going to use the Reaper for FPV only so it is a thought. Any suggestions? Anyone found a decent folding prop setup?
The Reaper can handle a lower Kv and a bigger prop if you make sure you have prop clearance. I have used the 3530-1400 before on it and it flew great too but I prefer the 1700 because if the prop size.
May 31, 2011, 10:45 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Lee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspinner20
lee, did you buy everything they had in stock?? Maybe thats why I'm not getting mine.

Not that its urgent, Just bought them to have spares.
Yup...I bought everything. I have this compulsive disorder...

When I have been watching a product for a long time and it finally becomes available I tend to buy more than I should.

If you notice I like to use the same motors and props on the variety of the planes we sell so that people don't have to start buying all over to get a new plane in the air.
May 31, 2011, 11:50 PM
Registered User
Would it be possible to cut the grim reaper with a larger cord for more wing area to fit huge FPV battery's?
Jun 01, 2011, 12:00 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Lee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroThief
Would it be possible to cut the grim reaper with a larger cord for more wing area to fit huge FPV battery's?
It is something we have discussed. You are not the first that has made that request.

How much interest is there out there?
Jun 01, 2011, 06:34 AM
Registered User
bamabaxter's Avatar
I am interested....although mine is already on the way. What prop did you use on the 1400 KV motor?
Jun 01, 2011, 09:26 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Lee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabaxter
I am interested....although mine is already on the way. What prop did you use on the 1400 KV motor?
I used a 9x6. It's a strong motor.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Reaper GR60 Stagger_Wing Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 0 Jan 13, 2010 02:43 AM
Sold Reaper GR 60 wrpsr1911 Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 0 Jan 06, 2010 10:28 PM
Build Log House of Balsa "Grim Reaper" P51 Mustang Gun Jam Electric Warbirds 28 Dec 20, 2009 04:25 PM
Discussion Body count... Grim but it's really gotta be done. Bilbobaker Life, The Universe, and Politics 15 Nov 15, 2009 02:09 PM
Gallery Grim reaper Wickett R/C Pumpkin Contest 1 Oct 31, 2005 05:37 PM