Oct 15, 2012, 05:16 AM
Where did that tree come from
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
Here one.
80 MPH Question Stumps Wife [CC] Closed Captioning (4 min 36 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2012, 06:36 PM
Yeah, I can CRA$H that!

The Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd2602
Oops, the eyes didn't make it. Here they are!
Where'd you get those peepers?
Oct 15, 2012, 07:50 PM
I should be flying right now!
I maidened my Deep Reaper this afternoon and it flew great! It is set up for FPV to replace my aging Skywalker. The first flight was LOS only, I really love the way this plane flies and glides forever. It came in at 4lbs 12oz AUW with 3536 motor w/ APC8x6E , 60amp ESC, 2-3000mah 3S batts, GoPro, and all the FPV gear. This is my first wing and I was getting nervous when it came in at just under 5lbs but launch was easy with the side flip method. Had the CG right at 9.5" and it was spot on.

Oct 15, 2012, 09:59 PM
Will work for batteries..
Quote:
Originally Posted by thndr1mj
Where'd you get those peepers?
I just got them made at a vinyl sticker kiosk in the mall. A little pricey though but in the end will look sweet! Just Google "cartoon angry eyes", thats where i found the image and the kiosk was able to make a set for me.
Last edited by sd2602; Oct 16, 2012 at 11:36 AM.
Oct 16, 2012, 01:55 PM
Does anyone have any experience with applying vinyl under the laminate? I am worried that if i put the laminate on over the vinyl the heat/shrinking will distort or ruin my stickers? Thanks!
Oct 16, 2012, 05:27 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
The laminate takes more heat than the decals so I have been putting my decals on top of the laminate. The Decals sometimes make it and sometimes not. When I put them on the laminate I will cover them with 2" clear packing tape to protect them.
Oct 17, 2012, 05:41 AM
Chess club geek with wings

NTM 3536 1800kv motor question

I'm just about done with my Reaper build and am deciding on electronics placement.

It looks like the plane will balance easily with a 2450 4s battery and the following components:

NTM 3536 1800kv motor
75A ESC
7X6 prop

I searched this thread but have not found anyone running this setup, does anyone have any experience with the above motor on 4S?
Thanks!

P.S. I like to fly fast and want this Reaper to be able to hold it's own against my Assassin running 320 watts.....I realize the flight times will be short.
Oct 17, 2012, 06:37 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
I have 5 of those motors but have only been running them 3S. I am always excited to see people setting up new systems. You will definitely be going fast. You may be pushing over 75 amps with that set up WOT (wide open throttle). Do a bench test with an amp meter before you take off to see so you don't loose your ESC and possibly the plane.

We usually use a 9x6 prop on that motor 3S and will have over 60 A. I can't tell you what 4S will do but I hope you have beefed up the linkages and servos too. I stalled servos out on a ballistic Assassin a couple of weeks ago and couldn't pull out of a loop. The plane and radio survived with only a little modification to the shape of the battery but we were lucky. Everything was still working on the ground, the servos were just too small for those kind of forces.
Oct 17, 2012, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunight
I'm just about done with my Reaper build and am deciding on electronics placement.

It looks like the plane will balance easily with a 2450 4s battery and the following components:

NTM 3536 1800kv motor
75A ESC
7X6 prop

I searched this thread but have not found anyone running this setup, does anyone have any experience with the above motor on 4S?
Thanks!

P.S. I like to fly fast and want this Reaper to be able to hold it's own against my Assassin running 320 watts.....I realize the flight times will be short.
HK data ....

Specs:
Model: NTM Prop Drive 35-36A 1800
Kv: 1800rpm/v
Max current: 65A
Max Power: 700W @ 12v (3S) / 875W @ 15v (4S)
Shaft: 4mm
Weight: 120g
ESC: 70A
Cell count: 3s~4s Lipoly
Bolt holes: 18.9mm & 25mm
Bolt thread: M3
Connection: 3.5mm Bullet-connector
Suggested Prop: Prop test data coming soon!

If your hitting 875 Watts on your testing you have the right prop ....

It's going to be interesting .....
Oct 17, 2012, 08:53 AM
Thanks Lee!

According to Hobbyking's video:
HobbyKing - NTM 35-36A 1800Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor (9 min 4 sec)

A 7X6 prop should pull 61A and produce 906 watts.

I am always somewhat skeptical about manufacturer's claims which is why I was looking for someone having experience with this set up....

I'll set it up, hook up my watt meter and give you the results in a few days.

Trent
Oct 17, 2012, 07:56 PM
Lee,
I found myself with some unexpected free time tonight so I experimented with the 3536 1800kv on 4S

All tests were static and with the stock motor using an Align 75A ESC set to mid timing; measurements were done with a WattsUp meter....

My first test was with a EMP Neodym 7X6 prop from Value Hobby – its a thick, tuff prop that can take a lot of abuse- it's my favorite for the Assassin on the Emax 2812 . The results were:
69 Amps at 927 watts

The motor is “only” rated for 65 Amps so I decided to try a slimmer prop – a 7X6 prop from HobbyKing – the results were...........

63.3 Amps at 877 watts

WOW – I was not expecting that!! Needless to say I'm unpressed with HobbyKing's advertised specs and will be cutting my Reaper for the 4S pack.

I'll post a flight report if anyone else is interested in this setup.

Trent

PS I included a photo of the graphics for this plane....Bugs Bunny is gonna have some speed!
Oct 17, 2012, 09:37 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
I toasted two ESCs with that motor but I love its power. I highly recommend it but just be aware of how much power it can draw.

Lee
Oct 17, 2012, 10:52 PM
It's been a good couple days! Made some progress with getting everything done up to laminating. I wanted to paint first so here is the bottom done. It should be easy to keep in site! The plan for the top is to paint it green. Then I will laminate and put the angry eyes on the bottom and the holographic dragon on top. I can't wait to get it done!
Oct 18, 2012, 06:04 AM
Quote:
It's been a good couple days! Made some progress with getting everything done up to laminating. I wanted to paint first so here is the bottom done. It should be easy to keep in site! The plan for the top is to paint it green. Then I will laminate and put the angry eyes on the bottom and the holographic dragon on top. I can't wait to get it done!
Elvevons on the front!?!? Hmmm....... Canard-evons?

(Just kidding, of course )
Oct 18, 2012, 06:37 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
Quote:
How much weight did it add to paint the plane? You will need to be carefull not to get the plane tail heavy. It looks good. Which paint did you use?

Quick Reply