May 28, 2017, 07:24 PM
I put the Turnigy SK3 1250 with an 8x6 prop on the reaper. Used a new 4S 70C battery and 85 amp HK ESC to test it. This set up has no power. Just switching out the motor to the RC Timer 1700 with 3S is more powerful. I know several of you mentioned really liking the SK3 motor and getting great speed. Hoping you can help me sort this out.
to remove ads between posts
May 28, 2017, 07:32 PM
Sk3 3542-1250kv, I use 8x8 on 6s, for 4s use 9x7.5 or 9x6, would be a good start. Do u have a wattmeter?? Think u are way underpropped
May 28, 2017, 07:46 PM
Rdimand - Yes, have a wattmeter and yes it is the 3542-1250kv. (should have included that) I will increase prop size and see if the 85amp esc can handle it. Will have to modify the ailerons a bit to get more width for the large prop but this should not be an issue.

Do you have any issue with breaking the larger props in combat? TY for the help.
May 28, 2017, 08:02 PM
Thanks, here is some data from eCalc on the 1250 on 4S

Amps Watts Thrust gms Pitch Speed mph
9x6 50 689 2793 88
9x7.5 58 793 3302 106

We all have flown a lot of 9" props in combat, not much of an issue. Plus I have used 9x8 and 9x9 on that motor in combat, gas props, that's pushing it a little, went up to 5S and 6S instead for more zip. The 9x7.5 On 4s was sweet.
Last edited by Rdimand; May 28, 2017 at 10:37 PM.
Jun 01, 2017, 06:36 PM
Got my GR done other day, shame about rain otherwise could have had it out more, but man I loved it when I finally got throws settled (still need more work), guess I'm not used to these massive ailerons coming from a Teksumo haha, only issue is I forgot to shape the ailerons near the prop (dunno how I forgot), so got that to do before I fly it next time
Jun 05, 2017, 04:33 PM
In the air.

Saturday in western PA

Here's a nice little snap I caught cruising mountain ridges with my deep reaper over the weekend. I took off from the ridge on the left into a 35 mph headwind.... Let's just say the tailwind -landing onto the ridge was scary. Once I got off the slope the air calmed down for a really nice relaxing flight.
Jun 05, 2017, 06:43 PM
Unregistered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by WigglesFPV
Here's a nice little snap I caught cruising mountain ridges with my deep reaper over the weekend. I took off from the ridge on the left into a 35 mph headwind.... Let's just say the tailwind -landing onto the ridge was scary. Once I got off the slope the air calmed down for a really nice relaxing flight.
Gorgeous!
Jun 06, 2017, 02:14 PM
In the air.
Here's a little video from the flight including the tailwind tree/powerline approach.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVAl4D7D...by=wiggles.fpv
Jun 07, 2017, 05:05 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
I flew my GR XL today with a 4500 3S battery. It is an amazing plane with good range and flight time with the one battery. I have had a 40+ minute flight on it before with just the one 3S battery. Of course I was trying for max time but that is still good for a plane this big with that small of a battery. Today I was doing high speed low passes into and with a 10 mph wind.
Jun 18, 2017, 10:21 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
We are getting some questions about how to drill out props for motors with a 5mm shaft.

We had the same questions so we had prop savers machined that will work with bigger motor shaft sizes. In pusher props they are very safe.

http://www.crashtesthobby.com/5mm-4m...p-adapter.html
Jun 18, 2017, 11:13 AM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Adding those to an order is great. But it costs too much to ship separately. Why can't you just tape one to a piece of paper and put it in a USPS envelope? I get small hardware this way all the time from EBAY'ers.

On very rare occasion, 1 in a 100, there will be envelope damage. But even those mostly get delivered. And the part itself is $3 so why pay an extra $7 each time because maybe there will someday be a problem with one $3 item?
Jun 18, 2017, 08:56 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard line
Adding those to an order is great. But it costs too much to ship separately. Why can't you just tape one to a piece of paper and put it in a USPS envelope? I get small hardware this way all the time from EBAY'ers.

On very rare occasion, 1 in a 100, there will be envelope damage. But even those mostly get delivered. And the part itself is $3 so why pay an extra $7 each time because maybe there will someday be a problem with one $3 item?
We don't make money off the shipping. To ship a group is the same as to ship one. Shipping is free if ordered with a kit.
Jun 21, 2017, 06:07 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
Foreign mail restrictions are different than shipping in the states. We try to keep everyone happy.

I use the prop savers on everything. I have seen a decrease in vibration and better video with this prop saver over other prop savers I have used.
Jun 25, 2017, 11:28 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
Builder mis-measured and didn't get the center cross spar on the CG. That doesn't matter. The plane doesn't care where the spar is as long as the CG is correct. He does not need to re-cut the spar slot on the CG. He only needs to put the CG the right distance back and it is OK the spar is off a little.

Lee
Jun 27, 2017, 08:52 AM
Drone offender FA377YHFNC
Quote:
Originally Posted by WigglesFPV
Here's a little video from the flight including the tailwind tree/powerline approach.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVAl4D7D...by=wiggles.fpv
Awesome video! That's some precision flying you did there.

Quick Reply