Nov 14, 2010, 08:02 AM

Thanks for that advice!

The black cable of the alarm port connects to ground (= - pole of battery) if alarm circuit is open. So you can only use balancer line 1 which connects to - pole of the battery. but opening this line, the quanum transmitter will not work any more as it needs it for power supply?!
my idea now is to use 1 or 2 diodes in series in balancer line 1 to have a voltage drop if circuit is open.

what do you think?

Achim
to remove ads between posts
Nov 17, 2010, 01:44 PM

Success with individual voltage alarm

using a cellLog 8S or 8M!!
Just connect the wires like I posted before. Black alarm wire to Battery (-).
I used a P600 Diode, producing a voltage drop of 0,47V. Set alarm circuit to normally closed. Set your individual cell voltage.

Achim
Nov 19, 2010, 04:38 AM

Quanum to Turnigy

Hello,
I was suprised to see Quanum changed to Turnigy, DE Warehouse has already the new Turnigy item and a bit cheaper!!
See link
Nov 28, 2010, 08:25 AM
AirLord

Quanum 2,4 Ghz telemetry

Hi guys!

Can anyone halp me and tell me if this will work!
Is it possible to use on additional current/heat sensor, the heat exit for another purpose. I would like to connect GPS logger on it. Is it possible to show instead of temperature value on display a speed value generated from conected GPS Logger on heat exit?

Rgds
Dec 26, 2010, 04:44 PM
I just started a swarm price on the Amp/Temp sensor-$14.64. Reg. $19.79.
Swarm # 68254.
Neal
Dec 26, 2010, 09:38 PM
rrg
rrg
I love mine!!
Feb 13, 2011, 10:23 AM
My opinion of this device is that it is a great idea but poorly executed. I have my V2 system working after a lot of research and reading. It should be a simple process but its not. I tried to get the temperature/current sensor to work but couldn't. There was no voltage being passed on to the transmitter from the current sensor board, turns out to be a defective unit.

I can get more complex FPV systems working with no problem but this thing is a PITA.
Feb 14, 2011, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekubiaks View Post
My opinion of this device is that it is a great idea but poorly executed. I have my V2 system working after a lot of research and reading. It should be a simple process but its not. I tried to get the temperature/current sensor to work but couldn't. There was no voltage being passed on to the transmitter from the current sensor board, turns out to be a defective unit.

I can get more complex FPV systems working with no problem but this thing is a PITA.
It's a pity you ran into problems ..... have to say mine is as good as gold ..... wouldn't fly without it now on my larger models .....
Apr 06, 2011, 03:37 PM
Hello!
Why not any discussion about the program menus in this unit?
How should a set the alarm 1&2?
"Total Capacity", do I have to change this when I use another li-po pack?
Why a "total voltage alarm" when there is two alarms to set for the cells?
/J
Last edited by Jodde73; Apr 06, 2011 at 05:15 PM.
Apr 06, 2011, 06:41 PM
I think you are doing something wrong.
Is the voltage monitoring working fine?
Did you switch display mode?
Have you been into the menu?
Did you connect the sensor/tx cable the right way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekubiaks View Post

Apr 07, 2011, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodde73 View Post
Hello!
Why not any discussion about the program menus in this unit?
How should a set the alarm 1&2?
"Total Capacity", do I have to change this when I use another li-po pack?
Why a "total voltage alarm" when there is two alarms to set for the cells?
/J
or in the other thread : https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...267361&page=13
Apr 07, 2011, 11:01 PM
Watts Up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie14 View Post
It's a pity you ran into problems ..... have to say mine is as good as gold ..... wouldn't fly without it now on my larger models .....
totally agreed! I don't leave home without mine since I got mine when it first came out. Still have it on the JR9303.

Danny
Dec 11, 2012, 08:26 PM

bahhh humbug

Wish I had found the forum postings on this system before I ordered mine. After waiting 6 weeks for HK to ship it here , It arrived... and was defective. Repacked and on its way back to HK.. Boo.
Would not bind no matter what I tried to do.