Thread Tools
Feb 12, 2010, 09:14 AM
Out of Time
Discussion

Administration may abandon civilian 9/11 trial - Another Obama FAIL


http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newssto...3-b2b06841eb57

A stupid idea to begin with, Obama and his clowns are going to try to come up with a good excuse why his screw up was either not a screw up, but a "mis-calculation" (aka, "screw up"), or that it was someone else's fault in the first place.

The good thing is that America is becoming more optimistic about the next three years because we don't really have a president anymore, just an empty suit with no ideas that work.
Feb 12, 2010, 09:17 AM
Chillin till SEFF
bildo baggins's Avatar
I guess it was a "poorly crafted" plan
Feb 12, 2010, 09:24 AM
Registered User
mtnmnstr's Avatar
Just another , "I, the government know what is the best for everyone. I will make the decisions for you because you all are stupid."

Haven't we shown the country in Commyfornia what happens when the government is disconnected from the people?
Feb 12, 2010, 09:46 AM
Restful User
Jacques Flambeau's Avatar
I see. 9-11 happend when? Kahlid was captured when? The current date is?

Ah, another of the Bush Legacy.
Feb 12, 2010, 09:48 AM
Useful Idiot
The screw up may just have more to do with the methods of obtaining "evidence" which could hinder its use in criminal or military proceedings.
Feb 12, 2010, 09:52 AM
fix-it-up chappie
tolladay's Avatar
So it's 3rd down, with the ball on the home team's 4 yard line. When the the substitute quarterback blows the 3rd down, it is all his fault?
Feb 12, 2010, 10:34 AM
Registered User
imgumby's Avatar
So far all you have is a "May" and you get all giddy thinking somehow this is a big fail for the admin ??
from the article
"President Barack Obama said in a CBS interview that he hasn't ruled out holding the trial in New York federal court but was taking into account the objections of Mayor Michael Bloomberg and the city's police.:"

I know of one well known New Yorker that actually wants them to be tried as criminals and not soldiers to avoid honoring them as such and relishes the idea of them being brought back to where they committed their crimes


OP= Fail

imgumby
Feb 12, 2010, 11:10 AM
Registered User
mikefast's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgumby
So far all you have is a "May" and you get all giddy thinking somehow this is a big fail for the admin ??

imgumby
No, it's not just this one thing that makes this administration a big fail. It is the sum total of everything this ex-community organizer has tried. This article about says it like it is.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=a4hIeftRVyvE

Man Up, Obama, or Make Way for President Palin: David Reilly

Commentary by David Reilly

Feb. 12 (Bloomberg) -- President Barack Obama is starting to look like the second coming of Jimmy Carter. If he’s going to avoid that fate, the president had better take radical action -- and fast.
Feb 12, 2010, 11:13 AM
Go get them Meg!
lrsudog's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight
http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newssto...3-b2b06841eb57

A stupid idea to begin with, Obama and his clowns are going to try to come up with a good excuse why his screw up was either not a screw up, but a "mis-calculation" (aka, "screw up"), or that it was someone else's fault in the first place.

The good thing is that America is becoming more optimistic about the next three years because we don't really have a president anymore, just an empty suit with no ideas that work.

Of the approximately 150 terrorism related trials in the past ten years, all but seven have been done through the criminal courts.
Feb 12, 2010, 12:42 PM
Useful Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrsudog
Of the approximately 150 terrorism related trials in the past ten years, all but seven have been done through the criminal courts.
And from what I recall of Bin Laden's driver amd the Australian, military sentencing was less severe than what could have been expected in a criminal court
Feb 12, 2010, 01:20 PM
Out of Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harris
I see. 9-11 happend when? Kahlid was captured when? The current date is?

Ah, another of the Bush Legacy.
Just curious... where in your head does any of that have to do with the subject matter of the thread?

On the other hand...

9-11 happened on 9-11, and Bush responded to it very well. So far, Obama has just let the Islamists walk all over him. So I don't mind making that comparison at all.

Kahlid was captured when?..
He was captured under Bush's watch. Your point is?

The current date is?... I don't know. Since up is down and down is up to a Liberal, I have no idea what date you think it is. Likely whatever date you declare it to be whether it's true or not.
Feb 12, 2010, 04:11 PM
Go get them Meg!
lrsudog's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin richards
And from what I recall of Bin Laden's driver amd the Australian, military sentencing was less severe than what could have been expected in a criminal court
As cases may be...

My intended point being that criticism of civilian criminal courts being a choice that Obama or Holder has foolishly made seem spurious, given that their predecessors going back to Reagan's presidency have generally had the policy that terrorism jurisprudence was a criminal rather than military purview.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Obama Administration Anounces Huge Huge Middle Class Tax Hikes Real Ira Life, The Universe, and Politics 26 Feb 02, 2010 03:24 PM
Discussion Justice Dept: Obama may take on BCS craab Life, The Universe, and Politics 28 Jan 31, 2010 11:36 AM
Discussion Federal Judge Sets Trial Date For Obama Eligibility SPEED-E-FLYER Life, The Universe, and Politics 222 Dec 03, 2009 11:47 PM
Discussion 9/11 suspects to go on trial in NYC - about time ? ENGINETORQUE Life, The Universe, and Politics 181 Nov 19, 2009 02:36 PM
Discussion Obama administration may control private sectors of the internet.? JOE-TELLY Life, The Universe, and Politics 14 Aug 30, 2009 03:03 PM