Originally Posted by LandCruiser
Which E-flite Park outrunner is that?
It is the 450.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2007, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarpy
It is the 450.
I just happen to have a spare 450 but was concerned that it would be too much motor for the Stick.
Mar 25, 2007, 06:28 AM
Hodgehound # 3
you can never have too much motor on a stick
Mar 25, 2007, 06:39 AM
lol - how much will the stock wing take exactly?

i had a little accident with a 400 brushless with the stock wing - model is fine as the motor took the brunt of it, but from the 15-20 meters of that short flight i'm pretty sure the stock wing wouldn't take full bore!

i guess this is the slow stick 'x' thread so bit off-topic
Mar 25, 2007, 08:03 AM
Hodgehound # 3
I was having problems with my mini ultra stick having a mind of its own, So in trying to determine what the problem was, I put the motor, ESC, battery, receiver, and servos on the Slow stick. I had the stock wing on it, and it took the power of the 450. In a power dive, the wing would flutter, but it was surprisingly tough. It had unlimited vertical with about 1/3 throttle....way cool!!!!
Mar 25, 2007, 10:33 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone
I was having problems with my mini ultra stick having a mind of its own, So in trying to determine what the problem was, I put the motor, ESC, battery, receiver, and servos on the Slow stick. I had the stock wing on it, and it took the power of the 450. In a power dive, the wing would flutter, but it was surprisingly tough. It had unlimited vertical with about 1/3 throttle....way cool!!!!
I ran the 450 on a slow stick and hated the wing flutter problem. That’s when I came up with the idea for the SSX. The e-flite 450 is a perfect motor for the SSX. I am planning to test a 480 after SEFF. How is your SSX build coming?
Mar 25, 2007, 11:58 AM
Can anyone post a pic of the wing cross-section/aerofoil thingy on the SSX?
Mar 25, 2007, 12:10 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckalliance
Can anyone post a pic of the wing cross-section/aerofoil thingy on the SSX?
You can see a cross-section in the assembly instructions.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...23&postcount=9
Mar 25, 2007, 08:50 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Quote:
I ran the 450 on a slow stick and hated the wing flutter problem. That’s when I came up with the idea for the SSX. The e-flite 450 is a perfect motor for the SSX. I am planning to test a 480 after SEFF. How is your SSX build coming?
Well, I have made progress, but it isn't with the wing... I did get the laminate laid in my boy's room, and all I have to do is get the trim done. Then I can get the boys moved into it. When that happens, I can take over the upstairs and get to some building. Right now, all my stuff is scattered throughout the house.

I WILL have it built before SEFF, even if I have to do it on the kitchen table.
Mar 25, 2007, 10:17 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone
Well, I have made progress, but it isn't with the wing... I did get the laminate laid in my boy's room, and all I have to do is get the trim done. Then I can get the boys moved into it. When that happens, I can take over the upstairs and get to some building. Right now, all my stuff is scattered throughout the house.

I WILL have it built before SEFF, even if I have to do it on the kitchen table.
I will have a decal for you. I have red blue and yellow. Let me know what color to set aside.
Mar 26, 2007, 02:46 PM
End of an Era.....
jkarpy....puullleeeeze set a kit aside for me! I'll definately be gettin one! The stock SS is getting old really fast (like every time I read on this thread) and I got everything I need to convert it! Hell, I might even get it built during SEFF!!!!! Could be night flying on Sat. night with it!
Mar 26, 2007, 03:47 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgehound
jkarpy....puullleeeeze set a kit aside for me! I'll definately be gettin one! The stock SS is getting old really fast (like every time I read on this thread) and I got everything I need to convert it! Hell, I might even get it built during SEFF!!!!! Could be night flying on Sat. night with it!
I am trying to get some ARF kits ready for SEFF but it does not look good. I will definitely have a kit and maybe some ready to cover wings.
Mar 26, 2007, 07:37 PM
End of an Era.....
KEWL!!! Kit is fine with me! But if ya got a ARC when I find you I'll get that!
Mar 26, 2007, 08:41 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Quote:
I will have a decal for you. I have red blue and yellow. Let me know what color to set aside.
All right!
I'd like a blue one please.
Mar 26, 2007, 08:53 PM
I just finished installing my SS X decal and it looks terrifiic on my transparent flourescent yellow wing. It is too late to get the camera out and take pictures, y'all will just have to take my word for it.

With that said, I am glad jkarpy did not send me two of them. I would have been up all night trying to get two of them on the wing straight. I have never applied vinyl lettering before this and I can now confirm that I will not be seeking work in that field anytime soon. Maybe with practice it would be easier.

What is the trick to getting that cool looking X off the backing sheet ? That is, without sticking it to itself and everything else in the house while trying to not stretch the thing out of shape ?

Bob

Quick Reply