Jul 22, 2011, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk
People must learn the difference between Lipo's and Nimah, you treat them completely differently and not the same.
When we first proposed making the radio LiPo compatible, the big question was, "Why?"

This is why!

Andy
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2011, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
When we first proposed making the radio LiPo compatible, the big question was, "Why?"

This is why!

Andy

I can completely understand that!! It's opening up a whole can of worms, and surprised they did in away!!.... The run time is amazing just on Nimah, better then anything else by a long shot... And by having lipo as option, is great for people that know how to handle them... But brings in it's own problems, as in shorter cycle life and if you only fly weekends or a few times a month then leaving them in a 50% charge state, in-between flying...Etc, etc....
Jul 22, 2011, 09:18 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Yep and there are some that 2000mah just does not cut it for them when flying all day at the field or away at the weekend cottage or camping where charging for several hours is not possible.

The cool thing about it is that they left it to the user to decide what they want to use BUT yet supplied them with a decent Nimh pack to start with.
Jul 22, 2011, 09:52 AM
Suspended Account
I wonder why the didnt use the LSD NiMH, they are amazing.
VP
Jul 22, 2011, 09:54 AM
Have you tested the self-discharge rate of these cells yet, Pete?

Andy
Jul 22, 2011, 09:55 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Have you tested the self-discharge rate of these cells yet, Pete?

Andy
Negative. I have 2 sets of Spektrum AA NiMH that I was using before I found the Duracell Precharged. And they left alot to be desired.
VP
Jul 22, 2011, 10:58 AM
Suspended Account

If you cant beat 'em join 'em!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=HRC191244

VP
Jul 22, 2011, 11:06 AM
You get rid of your 2 or 3rd DX8 for A9? Nice have fun with it.
Jul 22, 2011, 11:13 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip
You get rid of your 2 or 3rd DX8 for A9? Nice have fun with it.
At my club I am the only one who has had a DX8. There are many Hitec A9's there now. I have seen them up close and personal and they really seem nice.
VP
Jul 22, 2011, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete
I have seen them up close and personal and they really seem nice. VP
Online pics of it were doing it for me BUT then after seing it up close, picture don't do it justice thats for sure. As for the rest of it I can't comment I don'town one.
Jul 22, 2011, 11:19 AM
Quote:
At my club I am the only one who has had a DX8. There are many Hitec A9's there now. I have seen them up close and personal and they really seem nice.
VP
They are really nice - we need a poll - what is nicer the DX8 or the A9.
Jul 22, 2011, 11:22 AM
Your poll would need to be more specific, NICER as in looks or something esle. Cause looks are not for debate, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Jul 22, 2011, 11:36 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip
Your poll would need to be more specific, NICER as in looks or something esle. Cause looks are not for debate, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
How about "Who has had more crashes"?
VP
Jul 22, 2011, 11:40 AM
Quote:
How about "Who has had more crashes"?
VP
Again more specific, WHO as is who (pilots/names) or Brand.
Jul 22, 2011, 11:44 AM
And we would have to know total sales numbers for all systems to properly reflect that since Spektrum has a larger market share of 2.4GHz. We need apples to apples.

Mike

Quick Reply