Nov 23, 2016, 11:38 AM
Where did that tree come from
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
If you follow my recommendation you won't lose Throttle Cut function on Gear Switch aka Sw.A
Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Nov 23, 2016, 12:36 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Throttle Cut function uses the Gear "Switch" and not the channel. In the Switch Select menu you basically switches the Gear Channel to the Knob.

The Gear switch itself is still free to use for other functions like throttle cut.

Have Fun.
Nov 23, 2016, 07:50 PM
Quote:
In the Switch Select screen change the input for the Gear channel to the Knob.

Change from default - Gear: Gear to Gear: Inh and change Knob: Aux3 to Knob: Gear

No mixing required...
That did it. Thanks !!!!
Nov 25, 2016, 08:47 AM
Have another problem . I have one plane with a Lemon stabilizer. The Lemon used the gear switch to turn the stabilizer on and off with. So I had to program my throttle kill switch with the Mix channel. I used the gear switch on all my other plane for the kill switch.

Is there anyway I can set it up so that the Mix switch will control the stabilizer ( on / off ) and I can get the throttle kill back on the gear switch that I used out of habit to kill the throttle with ?
Nov 25, 2016, 08:58 AM
Think of it like this. Your stabilizer ISN'T using the GEAR SWITCH but rather the Gear Channel and you are using the MIX SWITCH for Throttle Cut and not the Mix Channel.

New transmitters simply use A, B, C, D and etc... for switch naming now to avoid this sort of confusion.

If your preferred switch for Throttle Cut which by the way IMO would be the opposite of what most use (Most use Sw.A aka Gear switch for Gear functions and Sw.H aka Mix/Hold switch for Throttle Cut functions) but anyways what you need to do is make sure in the Switch Select menu screen that no channel is using your desired throttle cut switch so make sure Gear: shows Inhibit.

Then assign the Mix/Hold switch to control the Gear channel.
Nov 25, 2016, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Think of it like this. Your stabilizer ISN'T using the GEAR SWITCH but rather the Gear Channel and you are using the MIX SWITCH for Throttle Cut and not the Mix Channel.

New transmitters simply use A, B, C, D and etc... for switch naming now to avoid this sort of confusion.

If your preferred switch for Throttle Cut which by the way IMO would be the opposite of what most use (Most use Sw.A aka Gear switch for Gear functions and Sw.H aka Mix/Hold switch for Throttle Cut functions) but anyways what you need to do is make sure in the Switch Select menu screen that no channel is using your desired throttle cut switch so make sure Gear: shows Inhibit.

Thanks again. It will probable be a day or two before I can sit down and try this. It's being a holiday weekend.
Nov 25, 2016, 04:51 PM
Holiday weekends are the best time to play with RCs
Nov 25, 2016, 06:15 PM
Nope. It's better to play with them at work. And get paid to do it!

Andy
Nov 25, 2016, 06:35 PM
ancora imparo
Cos then it frees up all your spare time to answer questions on RCGroups.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post

Andy
Nov 25, 2016, 07:46 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post

Andy
"Goin' to the field to check some bugs, can I take the Mustang" some kids don't need to grow up.
Nov 25, 2016, 07:47 PM
Actually, one of the guys did that today. He was range checking some items that came in and took along a couple planes to make the trip worthwhile.

Too bad today was so gray.

Andy
Nov 26, 2016, 03:04 PM
Quote:

Thanks a million. You nail it again.

My only Warbirds are belly lander, so I never needed the gear channel yet. But I choose to used the gear switch for my throttle kill switch is because it has an alarm on it. So if I power up my radio with the switch in the throttle hot position, my radio will sound off the alarm before I plug my battery into my plane.
Nov 26, 2016, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid at 55 View Post
Thanks a million. You nail it again.
You're welcome, have fun.
Jan 24, 2017, 10:18 PM

file creation & modification dates DX8

why are all the telemetry and model files written by my DX8 to the SD card dated 1-1-2008? and how do I change that annoying feature?
Jan 25, 2017, 06:47 AM
You can't, just a radio thing and not really important to the function of the unit and software.

Quick Reply