Oct 01, 2010, 05:39 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Wish we could go back to previous versions, the original version issues did not affect my type of models that I had. Only after updating to 1.02v that I lost my AUX3/knob to rudder mix that I notice it. I was just getting ready to take off when I saw I had no rudder control.

I also read in one of the post that it took less than 2 hours to transfer over 15 models (17 I think) from DX7 to the DX8, well that’s great BUT what about the DX6i. I taught all I had to do was right down all the sub-trim, travel etc BUT on more than one model the SERVO REVERSING was NOT even the same. DX6i had some servos that were reverse in the radio but they are normal on the DX8 & vice verso. This became VERY apparent when I programmed my EF-2000 with elevon mixing. Not only was the reversing different BUT also had to swap servo lead in the RX to get the mixing right.

So because of this I could NOT rely on simply transferring the information from one radio to the other BUT had to set them up like they were new models and measure, test and re-test. And now I can’t fly some the way I have been used to because of more issues from the V1.02 update.

Testing we are but I am not being paid for it but the contrary it can cost me a model doing it.
Last edited by freechip; Oct 01, 2010 at 05:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2010, 05:54 AM
Sadly it does seem that QA has been very poor on this release.

Compare it to the recent Hitec Aurora release where the sophistication of the programming is higher yet the error rate is far far lower.

The rapid early patching by Spektrum of very basic features is a worrying sign, especially as the regression testing seems to have been sacrificed in the rush to nail bugs that should not have been there in the first place at launch.
Oct 01, 2010, 06:04 AM
as much as I can
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nader703
I tested the Dx8 on my trex450 Pro i put on it 10 flights with the new TX,
I think the problem is from the DX8 transmitter because I did not use any of the electronics that came with it in the box yet; I just bind the dx8 to my Trex 450pro and programmed it. (I only tested the transmitter)
The electronics on the 450pro are all the same that I have flown over 100 times with no problems using the DX6i and AR6100 receiver. (They are good and tested)
with the DX8 in 3 of the flights the heli did something I did not tell it to do. In the first time (I was doing tik-toks heli lost signal and hovered inverted for a second)
In the second time (heli is up in the air then lost power completely of motor, heli dropped on grass) "fresh battery pack 1min into flight time"
Final time (heli diving down then I give input to pull-up but lost signal and heli smashed into the grown)

I have a video posted on youtube (nader703) testing the dx8 but no problems occurred during that first flight.
Now the heli is broken in pieces

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAeavHkWJfc
Nice flying. Sorry about your heli.

I noticed you have the TX aerial straight. Pointing the aerial at the model gives you the weakest signal, which you appeared to be doing most of the time. If you are just using an AR6100, you could end up with signal problems. Probably a bit late now but perhaps you could try your aerial bent 90 up or at 45 degrees.
Oct 01, 2010, 06:13 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Nice catch, you should never point the antenna at the model, it gives you the weakest signal out of any other antenna position you could fly with.
Oct 01, 2010, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip
Nice catch, you should never point the antenna at the model, it gives you the weakest signal out of any other antenna position you could fly with.
Yes, well spotted beenflying.

This is covered in the manual as well in the 'Safety Do's and Don'ts' on page 36, but it really should be somewhere more prominent in the manual.
Oct 01, 2010, 06:37 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telrin View Post

This is covered in the manual as well in the 'Safety Do's and Don'ts' on page 36, but it really should be somewhere more prominent in the manual.
alwayz blame da user. 2.4 ghz should b np dx8 frm 20' away eva. dx8 luks lyk a killr! recall dat pos now. lots of reports of krashed planes. dx8 software iz bad.
Oct 01, 2010, 06:37 AM
Never stop
Quote:

The heli is at most 50 feet from the tx. Does the orientation of the antenna matter in that distance?
Oct 01, 2010, 06:38 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left_Drift View Post
The heli is at most 50 feet from the tx. Does the orientation of the antenna matter in that distance?
no.
Oct 01, 2010, 06:40 AM
Never stop
Sabby, I don't understand what you say most of the time, but i agree that the tx is problematic.
Oct 01, 2010, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left_Drift View Post
If you are dealing with a potential signal loss situation it makes sense to eliminate an obvious cause before assuming there is some other fault.

I'm no defender of Spektrum as you can see from my other posts in this thread, but if you deliberately fly with the antenna pointing at the model you are not really helping matters when reporting a signal problem.
Oct 01, 2010, 06:48 AM
Never stop
Quote:
If you are dealing with a potential signal loss situation it makes sense to eliminate an obvious cause before assuming there is some other fault.

I'm no defender of Spektrum as you can see from my other posts in this thread, but if you deliberately fly with the antenna pointing at the model you are not really helping matters when reporting a signal problem.
Reason I asked is to understand things as I'm just learning things. I fly planes only and if i point the antenna at 45 degrees upwards, I'm guaranteed to be flying directly in front of the tx. Is that good or bad?

Having said that, going based on what I remember from electromagnetic courses in school which was admittedly long ago, I think the antenna dead zones are proportional to distance and if you are close enough, there shouldn't be dead zones. If there are dead zones at close distance, there are HUGE ones at far out.
Oct 01, 2010, 06:56 AM
Suspended Account

DX8 poll

I started a new thread and poll to see how the DX8 is doing.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1316264
Thanks for participating.
VP
Oct 01, 2010, 07:05 AM
Suspended Account
My battery in the DX8 ran down to 4.3v and the alarm sounded yesterday. So I charged it for 12 hours overnight. The battery now reads 5.5v. Shouldnt it be more like 6v when fully charged? It would be nice if the light went off when it was charged, no guesswork. I plugged it back in to see if it will take more charge. I know the manual says 10-12 hours but is that for a 4.3v pack?
VP
Oct 01, 2010, 07:19 AM
When mine gets down far enough to need charging, I'm going to cut the wires going into the trans and install a servo type connector so I can charge it with the Accucell 6 to a full charge and I can monitor the charge. Did this with the DX7 too.

Gord.
Oct 01, 2010, 07:21 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by flypaper 2 View Post
When mine gets down far enough to need charging, I'm going to cut the wires going into the trans and install a servo type connector so I can charge it with the Accucell 6 to a full charge and I can monitor the charge. Did this with the DX7 too.

Gord.
Right, I was thinking the same thing with my Passport Ultra charger.
VP

Quick Reply