Mar 09, 2012, 07:25 PM
Registered User
seefest's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Of course and wasn't thinking you were expecting it either. Took your post exactly for what it was.

Just saying that if you did buy from LHS sometimes I know mine does show appreciation sort of speak but I never ask for it. But now that is probably going to change since I am going to start working there part time.
See if you can push those Futabas and A9's off the shelf instead of Spek! Take the challenge! LOL.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 09, 2012, 07:59 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
freechip's Avatar
They sell Futaba that I know that's where my brother bought his 8fg. But I will take the A9 challenge.

Cause once it's sold it will make more room for more spektrum like the new DX18.
Mar 09, 2012, 08:38 PM
Registered User
BigGuyJT's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Of course and wasn't thinking you were expecting it either. Took your post exactly for what it was.

Just saying that if you did buy from LHS sometimes I know mine does show appreciation sort of speak but I never ask for it. But now that is probably going to change since I am going to start working there part time.
That's what i do. I work part time at my local hobbytown usa. I get paid in store credit and get employees discount. Wife can't say a thing about how much i spend there now. Its paid for my 8 and may other things.
Mar 10, 2012, 06:21 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
freechip's Avatar
That's the plan BigGuyJT, figured if I was going to get part-time job to help fund my hobby why not have it be in the hobby. I just happened to mention it at my LHS in the right time and there you go.

Will see how the credit collecting goes but the plan is to get enough prior to the DX18's release
Mar 10, 2012, 10:16 AM
Suspended Account
My DX8 flown my first turbine jet today..
Mar 10, 2012, 11:09 AM
AndyKunz's Avatar
Fantastic! Got photos or video?

Andy
Mar 10, 2012, 11:36 AM
Suspended Account
video but poor quality.. nokia mob phone
stress was 110%
My first flight with my Turbine Jet. also maiden of the Paf Jetco (5 min 13 sec)
Mar 10, 2012, 11:40 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
video but poor quality.. nokia mob phone
stress was 110%
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Pd7bftg56E
It is amazing how much they sound just like a full scale jet.

VP
Mar 10, 2012, 11:56 AM
Suspended Account
yeap...
it's arousing :P
Mar 10, 2012, 12:31 PM
3D Hack
JC Spohr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
yeap...
it's arousing :P
Congrats on the successful maiden.

Stress at 110%... I assume that means that you reached "maximum pucker factor".

JC
Mar 10, 2012, 12:35 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr View Post
Congrats on the successful maiden.

Stress at 110%... I assume that means that you reached "maximum pucker factor".

JC
lol yeap
Mar 10, 2012, 12:41 PM
AndyKunz's Avatar
Nice! I thought you were going to harvest some weeds on the one attempt, but you pulled it out nicely. Way to go! Congrats!

Andy
Mar 10, 2012, 02:06 PM
Registered User
GBRellic's Avatar

Bravo Pavcon


Nice flight, as commented before on sound so much like full size other than yours sounded a bit Eastern European eh.
We need more pilots like yourself showing faith in Spektrum's capabilities to handle Models of this quality.

Brian T.
Mar 10, 2012, 02:49 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBRellic View Post
Nice flight, as commented before on sound so much like full size other than yours sounded a bit Eastern European eh.
We need more pilots like yourself showing faith in Spektrum's capabilities to handle Models of this quality.

Brian T.
so next time send me the new one to be a tester really wanted that DX18
Mar 10, 2012, 02:54 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Nice! I thought you were going to harvest some weeds on the one attempt, but you pulled it out nicely. Way to go! Congrats!

Andy
yeah.. I had in mind that delay in spool up of the turbine.. so I let it pickup some speed and then pull up..
I found the runway pretty easily (thanks to the Gods of EDFs) as you can see on the first pass with landing gear down..
the first attempt though I came pretty fast so I had to abort..
on the second one I left the elevator up to neutral position and it came down too fast (I thought it was just going to float down..) even from 1 feet above the ground so it kind of springed up .. so again I did what I told you.. let it pick up speed and pulled up.. the third one was just fine.. nice landing.. still a bit fast landing but I dont' know the plane well enough to slow it down as much as it can.

as I said.. if the plane is on the runway in 1 piece.. then it's a perfect landing..


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Receivers that work with Spektrum Radios that are not made by Spektrum BD Flyer Radios 29 Sep 26, 2010 04:09 AM
Discussion Spektrum AR6100E or Spektrum AR6100? LaurenceGough Off-road Cars 23 Aug 06, 2009 05:33 AM
For Sale Parkzone 5ch DX10 w/Receiver ch54 CarlHill Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 7 Jul 10, 2009 12:07 PM
Discussion Can I use a Spektrum Air RX with a Spektrum Surface TX? Bigmaxy Radios 1 Jan 19, 2008 07:57 PM
Sold GeForce 8400Gs PCIx DX10 video card GFBurke Non R/C Items (FS/W) 6 Sep 05, 2007 10:43 PM