Aug 23, 2011, 07:06 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by cayars
Why don't you just fix this mechanically like it should be fixed so the speed of the motor (prop blast/wash) doesn't effect the model. You'll never be able to setup trims or mixes to compensate this properly.
OMG not this again! I am really getting tired of you! It works just fine with the Flight Mode Switch. It is the Counter Torque of the prop I am adjusting for. Please. just stop replying to any of my posts please,
Thank you kindly
VP
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2011, 07:16 PM
YOU'RE GETTING TIRED OF ME? That's rich! How do you think we all feel when you keep asking questions how to perform something with a transmitter when it shouldn't be done that way.

Why do you refuse to properly setup your damn plane but expect others to help you with a band aids solution?

You have been given the proper advise too this numerous times but ignore it and ask how to do it with the transmitter. YOU CAN'T. It will never be correct. YOU CAN'T properly compensate thrust angle issues like this with a transmitter without causing other problems.

For the love of God, please tell us why you won't set it up properly.

And please don't tell us your plane is fine BECAUSE if it was then you would not need to do this. Your plane clearly has issues that can EASILY be fixed mechanically.

Carlo
Last edited by cayars; Aug 23, 2011 at 07:22 PM.
Aug 23, 2011, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete
OMG not this again! I am really getting tired of you! It works just fine with the Flight Mode Switch. It is the Counter Torque of the prop I am adjusting for. Please. just stop replying to any of my posts please,
Thank you kindly
VP
Pete, I took you off of ignore because of all the blank posts. You have been adding very positive and helpful input. In my opinion, I think you should use the trims and flight modes which ever way works best for you. Cheers

Harry
Aug 23, 2011, 07:20 PM
Quote:
I have been using the Flight Mode feature for my trims. I have 3 settings: Land= 0 Ail trim, Mid speed=2 Ail trim, Fast= 4 Ail trim. I have heard there is a way to mix the Throttle with the Ailerons channel. If I do this can I simply transfer the current 3 trim settings in to a Mix so I get the same % of trim without having to guess?
Thanks
VP
You could certainly try mixing throttle to aileron (or perhaps rudder?). You could also use the offset feature so that it doesn't kick in until you have the throttle higher enough to produce substantial torque. I'd be a little nervous about doing this due to potential for unintended consequences, but if you've trimmed for, say, three throttle conditions you should be able to create a linear mix to approximate the same deflection as your trim. Please just be careful! If you really want to try it, I think mixing to rudder might be safer and just as effective?
Aug 23, 2011, 07:23 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by cayars
YOU'RE GETTING TIRED OF ME? That's rich! How do you think we all feel when you keep asking questions how to perform something with a transmitter when it shouldn't be done that way.

Why do you refuse to properly setup your damn plane but expect others to help you with a band aid solution?

You have been given the proper advise to this hilarious times but ignore it and ask how to do it with the transmitter. YOU CAN'T. It will never be correct. YOU CAN'T properly compensate thrust angle issues like this with a transmitter without causing other problems.

For the love of God, please tell us why you won't set it up properly.

Carlo
First of all, the plane is one of my 2 Eflite T-34s, They have been set up at the factory. Second, there are no "Other Problems" being caused by compensating for the Counter Torque with the Flight Mode Trims. Third, you have no business questioning my requests here, so back off!

VP
Aug 23, 2011, 07:25 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry H
Pete, I took you off of ignore because of all the blank posts. You have been adding very positive and helpful input. In my opinion, I think you should use the trims and flight modes which ever way works best for you. Cheers

Harry
Thank you!

VP
Aug 23, 2011, 07:28 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipm785
You could certainly try mixing throttle to aileron (or perhaps rudder?). You could also use the offset feature so that it doesn't kick in until you have the throttle higher enough to produce substantial torque. I'd be a little nervous about doing this due to potential for unintended consequences, but if you've trimmed for, say, three throttle conditions you should be able to create a linear mix to approximate the same deflection as your trim. Please just be careful! If you really want to try it, I think mixing to rudder might be safer and just as effective?
Thank you very much for the very helpful post. I use the aileron instead of rudder because the rudder just kicks it over, the aileron straightens out the roll. I will carefully experiment with this.
VP
Aug 23, 2011, 08:15 PM
Quote:
First of all, the plane is one of my 2 Eflite T-34s, They have been set up at the factory. Second, there are no "Other Problems" being caused by compensating for the Counter Torque with the Flight Mode Trims. Third, you have no business questioning my requests here, so back off!

VP
Answer the question VP. Why will you not mechanically setup the plane correctly. Doesn't matter if it came from the factory this way and doesn't matter if you have one or 10 of them. What you have described here and previously described is simple to fix with a shim of the thrust line. Why will you not fix it properly? You realize most others do this pretty routinely even on the best/most expensive planes you can buy.

Of course I have a business questioning it. Your posting in a public forum and there are standard setup routines that are used by people that are proven to work. Other people may do a search with a similar problem and come across this thread and they also should be able to find the proper and easy way to fix a problem like this instead of trying to band aid the situation with throttle mixes or flight mode mixes. It would also somewhat solve your display trim issue also as you would have one less reason to have to look at them as they wouldn't be needed to check flight modes etc.

I really just don't understand why you try to fight people who really know how to setup things and try and steer you in the right direction. If your plane being "fine" is any indication of your vision then we know you have problems. There is no denying to anyone who knows plane setups that your plane is not fine. You can claim it is but that just shows your ignorance in the matter.

So again why don't you want to invest an hour or less time flying and adjusting you plane correctly so it can fly with any transmitter including a simple 4 channel and fly the same all the time without worry of having a switch in the wrong position or having to check trims before flying. You end up with a better flying plane all around and it won't have any bad induced characteristics you will introduce via electronic mixing.
Aug 23, 2011, 08:16 PM
Pete, you were probably already planning to do this, but I suggest making sure that whatever mix you setup is switch activated. That way you can experiment with it and turn it off if it causes problems in flight. Good luck!
Aug 23, 2011, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipm785
Yes and no. If mixed to aileron it will effect roll. If mixed to rudder will affect yaw. The problem is that it's a combination effect. It's affected by the amount of air passing over the main wings/ailerons. This could be due to speed of plane (diving) or from prop wash. By adjusting a mix you are only "fixing" it under throttle for a given condition but airspeed will still play into it. The mix can and will have other undesirable affects when you don't want it.

This type of problem is usually caused by the rudder not being trimmed correctly and the ailerons not trimmed correctly at normal flight speed. Then of course if your thrust angle is off (Pete's is) on the motor then every time you add throttle or remove throttle it trys to pull or let go of the pull which gives the impression the trim is off. You then have to monkey with things to setup something for fast flying, something for slow flying like landing and whatnot. Pretty much exactly where Pete is out now.

If he were to take the plane up and fly at say 60% throttle (IE cruising speed) and trim the plane for level flight with ailerons then do several passed directly at himself and away from himself to trim rudder so there is no yaw, then go back and do the ailerons again and the rudder one more time (they effect each other somewhat) the plane's control surfaces would be trimmed for "normal" flight. Then you check thrust angles of motor by flying verticals and 45s. Also level flight killing throttle and going full throttle. The angle of the motor is then adjusted based what the plane does during these maneuvers (simple step by step way of doing it). Once the thrust angel is adjusted you go back and start again for round 2 of trimming and checking thrust angles. It might take a full battery or two to get trimmed out.

But then you don't have a motor/prop combo pulling the plane differently then it's setup trim wise at cruising speed. It pulls the plane right down the center line of the plane's thrust line. You don't get the rolling, porpoising and other odd behaviors because the motor isn't pulling the plane to the right or left or pulling up or down. The whole plane gets much easier to fly.
Aug 23, 2011, 08:47 PM
Quote:

VP
As I recall the DX8 was "SET UP AT THE FACTORY" and we all know how well that worked.
Brian T.
Aug 23, 2011, 09:18 PM
215.0 MPH
You can set up a throttle/aileron mix, no problem. Turn it off and on with a switch if you want. Set it up to start at zero and track, or put in an offset. More throttle, more trim. Throttle/aileron mix is not too common, but throttle/rudder is, helps compensate for thrust angle issues, and on many models works pretty darn well.

Quote:
I have been using the Flight Mode feature for my trims. I have 3 settings: Land= 0 Ail trim, Mid speed=2 Ail trim, Fast= 4 Ail trim. I have heard there is a way to mix the Throttle with the Ailerons channel. If I do this can I simply transfer the current 3 trim settings in to a Mix so I get the same % of trim without having to guess?
Thanks
VP
Aug 23, 2011, 10:08 PM
RCin' is "Jus Plane Fun"

Spektrum DX8 & DX10

This is a laugh
Aug 23, 2011, 10:34 PM
Quote:

VP
Yes, but I also went and searched your name on the T34 forum and see you have switched motors and other stuff. Any time you adjust something or change something out you can adjust/disturb the flight characteristics of the plane. Also changing props can affect the plane with some of the things you have or are now dealing with (trying to compensate for).

There is nothing wrong with changing props or motors or using bigger batteries or other changes. HOWEVER, it will or can change the flying characteristics of the plane. This is why I keep suggesting you mechanically setup the plane again since it's not "stock" any longer.
Aug 24, 2011, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by struggleforlife
...my god... why on earth would you go to the trouble of making a video of this?
And why don't you get some more distance between the Rx and Tx?
Because people asked him to demonstrate the problem .

Quick Reply