Feb 02, 2013, 11:15 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaflyer View Post
As you noted, the JR 8103 offered sailplane a long time ago, so that
feature really is not an advancement.
Actually, I noted the JR8303, with 30 memories like the DX8 and specifically mentioned glider programming as the comparison in the 8 channel class. And, you said it yourself. A feature offered a long time ago... No excuse for the DX8 to not have had that "old feature" included during development before release.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 02, 2013, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryhenderson View Post
Actually, I noted the JR8303, with 30 memories like the DX8 and specifically mentioned glider programming as the comparison in the 8 channel class. And, you said it yourself. A feature offered a long time ago... No excuse for the DX8 to not have had that "old feature" included during development before release.
Hmm, not familiar with the 8303. I've had 2 9303, 9 channel. But with
telemetry, SD card and less complicated programming, I consider my DX8 more "advanced" than the 9303.
Feb 02, 2013, 11:50 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaflyer View Post
Hmm, not familiar with the 8303. I've had 2 9303, 9 channel. But with
telemetry, SD card and less complicated programming, I consider my DX8 more "advanced" than the 9303.
Yet, those two lesser advanced radios came with a basic feature known as sailplane/glider programming...go figure... It's more hypothetically akin, really, to the DX8 using disposable AA batteries instead of the basic feature of having a rechargeable NiMH pack, as standard on all the other radios in its class, even though it was advertised that way on the box. Advertised/pre-knowledge or not, many would find that very poor, as well.
Feb 02, 2013, 12:10 PM
I would not mind paying a nominal charge for upgrades like this. Do you really think any company will supply upgrades in perpetuity?

Harry
Feb 02, 2013, 12:12 PM
Looks like someone has a chip on their shoulder about the DX8. I don't believe that because it was advertised as the most advanced that it meant it had EVERYTHING that every radio before it had. To me, advanced means new/improved features/options. It is up to the buyer to research and find what radio best suits them and their needs. No one should just throw big money at a radio and not know what it does. If they do, than that is their fault and not the radios. I dont have any gliders and probably never will so the DX8 is perfect for me.
Feb 02, 2013, 01:38 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
Looks like someone has a chip on their shoulder about the DX8. I don't believe that because it was advertised as the most advanced that it meant it had EVERYTHING that every radio before it had. To me, advanced means new/improved features/options. It is up to the buyer to research and find what radio best suits them and their needs. No one should just throw big money at a radio and not know what it does. If they do, than that is their fault and not the radios. I dont have any gliders and probably never will so the DX8 is perfect for me.
My experience, too.
Feb 02, 2013, 02:33 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
No one should just throw big money at a radio and not know what it does.
How amusing... The DX8 is not "big money" for a radio (or even in general) by any stretch of the imagination, nor is any other radio in the same class.
Feb 02, 2013, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryhenderson View Post
How amusing... The DX8 is not "big money" for a radio (or even in general) by any stretch of the imagination, nor is any other radio in the same class.
Your the amusing one...it wasn't meant as $1000's of dollars big money...just more money than you need to waste on something you dont need.
Feb 02, 2013, 02:44 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Your the amusing one...it wasn't meant as $1000's of dollars big money...just more money than you need to waste on something you dont need.
Do not presume your definition of "more money than you need to waste" pertains to anyone else.
Feb 02, 2013, 02:49 PM
I LOVE my DX8 I still don't know everything it can do....anyone know a good ( pricewise) source for a lipo pack ? not sure howmany MAH a 2s1p can go...it is a 2s1p lipo I need right? I had just bought a 3s1p (1c) pack for my FM radio that I SURE wish would fit in this 1. I now have a lipo I have no clue what to do with
Feb 02, 2013, 02:51 PM
Hobbyking has a matching LiPo.
Feb 02, 2013, 02:59 PM
Airborne whenever I can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBRellic View Post
The reason I want to monitor My Tx battery time on is that my original NMH TX pack is now over two years old and I have recently purchased the upgrade lipo but lipo's scare the bejeeses out of me so for now and until My NMH fails I have it stored in My Amo Box along with My equally scary 45 Mag and 50 Cal Amo.

Brian T.
Wow, Lipo's are scaring you? And you put them together with AMMO????
YES YOU SHOULD BE SCARED !!! JESUS !!
Feb 02, 2013, 03:04 PM
I'm looking forward to the sailplane programming and don't mind paying a reasonable amount for the upgrade. Part of the advanced features of this radio is the processor capability to allow this type of upgrade.

There were two features that I really wanted in the DX8 but I couldn't justify, let alone afford, going to a 10 or 18: telemetry data logging and sailplane programming.

The data logging was a recent free upgrade (a capability the DX8 was never advertised as having) and now the upcoming sailplane programming make me very happy with my DX8.

I hope they have built in provisions for electric sailplanes!
Feb 02, 2013, 03:07 PM
Removed by User
Last edited by Retiredtech; May 29, 2013 at 01:31 AM.
Feb 02, 2013, 03:29 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem View Post
Hobbyking has a matching LiPo.
And satan has souls!

Quick Reply