Dec 25, 2012, 06:23 AM
Today take Trex600N out to the field and do range test at 30m signal loss the 3GX gyro go into reboot mode.i also do check the gov function still the same like last time cannot work(servo jitter).So got to put back the reciever like old days and get another gov to try.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 25, 2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
We need to know what your sound system requires, are you just trying to make the gear channel copy the throttle channel?
If so disable the gear switch and create a THR>GEAR 100% 100% mix.
Freechip:

Yes... trying to copy throttle channel. I'm at 100% > 100%, but the motor starts before the sound. First, which inputs need to be changed and which direction, up or down to sync? Is offset used? Second, This bird is over powered, so how would I make sound maxed out at 3/4 throttle?
Dec 25, 2012, 11:22 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Just increase your mixing rate until sound starts when you want it and maxes out when you want it.
Dec 25, 2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keris View Post
Today take Trex600N out to the field and do range test at 30m signal loss the 3GX gyro go into reboot mode.i also do check the gov function still the same like last time cannot work(servo jitter).So got to put back the reciever like old days and get another gov to try.
Make sure your BEC is powerful enough. If you use DS610 (looks so), you can get up to 15A current combined. I also see only 1 battery connector used on the 3GX. Not enough !
DS610 are very power hungry, especially in FBL setups. I use some Green-Caps (15F, 3x 50F in series to get enough voltage) to take care of the current peaks. And don't use the Align 6A linear BEC. It is crap. I tried it on my T-Rex 700E (all stock, DS610), and when stirring the swashplate I got reboots. Because of brounouts.....
When you get out of range the 3GX should apply the failsafe settings, dependent how you bound it. You can either bind it to drive to presets or to keep the last command. Just like a real RX. The downside of using satellites only is the missing flight log information.

I use n all my helicopters a real RX (AR8000). With telemetry. Use a telemetry module at least for setup and the first flights, then you see that your BEC drops too much

Did you assign Gyro to channel 7 and Governor to 5 ? Did you use the RPM sensor ?
Last edited by Mukenukem; Dec 25, 2012 at 12:09 PM.
Dec 25, 2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Just increase your mixing rate until sound starts when you want it and maxes out when you want it.
Which input gets increased, first or second or both?
Dec 25, 2012, 01:10 PM
The mix values are to the two sides of throttle center. The positive side is for when the stick is above center, so that would be your high-RPM setting.

The negative side (lower side) would be where you adjust the startup.

What I would do is remove the prop for safety, then set the stick to the place I want sound to start. I would then adjust the lower setting on the display until the sound starts up.

Next, I'd put the stick up to the place I want max sound to occur, and adjust the high side of the mix until I get the sound I want at that place.

That should be all you need to do.

Note that the trim on the throttle will affect the position unless you exclude trim in the mix (that's what the Trim prompt is for).

Andy
Dec 25, 2012, 08:46 PM

Display of telemetry data.

Hi Everyone,

I bought myself a DX8 for Christmas, for our large multirotors. I have two DX6s and a 7, but an extra function I added to one of the multi rotors needed another channel, so I got an 8. I also got all the telemetry toys, including the altitude module.

This is all working fantastically, but there is one thing that is annoying me. I really hope this has been pointed out before, as to me, this is a real pain.

I cannot for the life of me make the altitude data display on the same page as the voltage and temp... I can have Voltage RPM Temp (not using RPM so it displays ------)

And I can also get Volts and Temp, then the next screen has altitude.

This is annoying, as during flight if I want to see how high I am, I have to take my hands off a stick and roll it one page over, check then roll it back. This is a major pain.

Seems like a simple firmware thing, or maybe you can do it already, but It would be fantastic if it was possible to customise what telemetry data was shown, it would make the system 10x more usable and convenient.

I noticed in the System Setup, and in Telemetery, there is a list, 1-9. I assumed that this was some kind of list of preferences, so I set volts, alt, temp - the three subjects and in the order of importance to me - and this makes no difference. I have the settings set to Auto. I have tried the other modes too and not had much success.

Anyway, it would be great to hear if this was possible, or if its going to be implemented in future updates, and when that might happen. Im currently running the lates, 2.06 I think it is.

Pete.
Dec 26, 2012, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem View Post
Make sure your BEC is powerful enough. If you use DS610 (looks so), you can get up to 15A current combined. I also see only 1 battery connector used on the 3GX. Not enough !
DS610 are very power hungry, especially in FBL setups. I use some Green-Caps (15F, 3x 50F in series to get enough voltage) to take care of the current peaks. And don't use the Align 6A linear BEC. It is crap. I tried it on my T-Rex 700E (all stock, DS610), and when stirring the swashplate I got reboots. Because of brounouts.....
When you get out of range the 3GX should apply the failsafe settings, dependent how you bound it. You can either bind it to drive to presets or to keep the last command. Just like a real RX. The downside of using satellites only is the missing flight log information.

I use n all my helicopters a real RX (AR8000). With telemetry. Use a telemetry module at least for setup and the first flights, then you see that your BEC drops too much

Did you assign Gyro to channel 7 and Governor to 5 ? Did you use the RPM sensor ?
Yes assign channel gov to Gear(5) and Gyro to Aux2 got the RPM sensor so i will try to change the regulator use Gryhpon GVR-7020 for power supply and see how.Anyway thank for reply
Dec 26, 2012, 03:34 AM
Mixed up with the HC3SX
Last edited by Kambalunga; Dec 26, 2012 at 03:58 AM. Reason: mixed up with the HC3SX
Dec 26, 2012, 03:41 AM
Ups mixed up with the HC3SX
Last edited by Kambalunga; Dec 26, 2012 at 03:57 AM. Reason: The HC3SX need 5.5V
Dec 26, 2012, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sausageroll View Post
I cannot for the life of me make the altitude data display on the same page as the voltage and temp... I can have Voltage RPM Temp (not using RPM so it displays ------)
That is correct.

Quote:
I noticed in the System Setup, and in Telemetery, there is a list, 1-9. I assumed that this was some kind of list of preferences, so I set volts, alt, temp - the three subjects and in the order of importance to me - and this makes no difference. I have the settings set to Auto. I have tried the other modes too and not had much success.
No, it's just a list of the devices attached with nothing significant about the order.

Quote:
Anyway, it would be great to hear if this was possible, or if its going to be implemented in future updates, and when that might happen. Im currently running the lates, 2.06 I think it is.
I'll have it put into the request database. It sounds like a nice idea. Thanks!

Andy
Dec 26, 2012, 11:20 AM
@sausageroll

That's a great idea...
Dec 26, 2012, 02:27 PM
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the response. Its nice to know its not possible in a way, as that will stop me trying to work it out!!

If you could implement it in a future update, I think it would make the altitude module far more useful. I guess with my GPS guided multi rotors taking fingers off sticks is not so bad, but for helicopters and planes, people probably would rather not know their altitude at all than run the risk taking their fingers off the sticks. It in ways defeats the object of having the altitude module.

I will carry on using the system as is, flicking between pages, and I really hope that its possible to customise the page display soon.

Pete.
Dec 26, 2012, 03:40 PM

Throttle Curve Programming?

What is the DX8 Throttle Curve programming function used for (the manual explanation is unclear to me), would it typically be used by an intermediate level sport plane pilot?

Thank you!
Dec 26, 2012, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme2 View Post
What is the DX8 Throttle Curve programming function used for (the manual explanation is unclear to me), would it typically be used by an intermediate level sport plane pilot?

Thank you!
Anyone can benefit from Throttle Curves. In many cases, the response of an engine does not correspond, linearly, to the movement of the Throttle stick. This could be due to the Throttle Linkage, Carburetor, or other factors.

With the Throttle Curve program, you can modify the Throttle Response from a Straight Line (1 for 1), to some type of Curve that will approximate a Linear Response.

Quick Reply