Sep 03, 2012, 02:26 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
What happened? Strap came undone, metal clip broke, what?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 03, 2012, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip
What happened? Strap came undone, metal clip broke, what?
The strap came undone.
Sep 03, 2012, 02:31 PM
I am UNIQUE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by netdudeuk
... Never had that issue with my Futaba one.
And I've never had an issue with my Spektrum one's.

Mike
Sep 03, 2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
The strap came undone.
User error or design flaw?
Sep 03, 2012, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__
User error or design flaw?
I don't need to fly with the strap to the full extent and adjusted it not that long ago. Hard to see how it slipped that far after only a handful of flights. I didn't even put any weight on it today. I literally clipped it on, let go of it and down it went.
Sep 03, 2012, 03:21 PM
That's too bad, either way I would send it in for inspection. Wouldn't want to risk something or worst hurt someone from using a damage radio.

Good luck.
Sep 03, 2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip
That's too bad, either way I would send it in for inspection. Wouldn't want to risk something or worst hurt someone from using a damage radio.

Good luck.
Yes thanks. I've already found the box and will request approval from HH to return it tomorrow. I'm not sure how confident I will feel even if they come back and say that it's ok though.
Sep 03, 2012, 03:27 PM
All you can do at that point is ensure you do everything right and hope the tech also did everything right.
Sep 03, 2012, 03:53 PM
Am I right in thinking that fifteen paces really isn't enough with a DX8 / AR600 combo in this foamy, tested from the side and from the rear ?
Sep 03, 2012, 04:07 PM
If your setup is failing range testing per manufacturer recommendation. You should try or ensure best possible antenna placement and if that still fails you should contact HH and sent the radio and problem receiver.

If the radio functions well with other receivers them it maybe just that one AR600, either way contact HH
Sep 03, 2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
I don't need to fly with the strap to the full extent and adjusted it not that long ago. Hard to see how it slipped that far after only a handful of flights. I didn't even put any weight on it today. I literally clipped it on, let go of it and down it went.
condolences, I would send it in as well.
Sep 03, 2012, 04:30 PM
@netdudeuk

Wow. Sorry to hear that happened. Can you show a picture of the part of the neck strap that failed?

Edit: nevermind, I just read your other post that the strap came undone.
Sep 03, 2012, 05:31 PM
Who woulda thought that checking neck strap is to be part of pre flight checks and inspections.
Just shows ta go ya eh.

Brian T.
Sep 03, 2012, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Am I right in thinking that fifteen paces really isn't enough with a DX8 / AR600 combo in this foamy, tested from the side and from the rear ?
It really isn't enough. 30 paces is what you need.

Andy
Sep 03, 2012, 06:48 PM

Quick Reply