Apr 24, 2012, 11:18 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Thanks and that's a good point, I suppose I could use some clothes pins and place some additional weight on the surfaces to see if that drops the voltages down. For now, I don't think I'm ready to accept the flurry in the JR Radios forum suggesting that NiCad's are dangerous when used with 2.4G systems.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 24, 2012, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco2fly
Thanks and that's a good point, I suppose I could use some clothes pins and place some additional weight on the surfaces to see if that drops the voltages down. For now, I don't think I'm ready to accept the flurry in the JR Radios forum suggesting that NiCad's are dangerous when used with 2.4G systems.
Don't, I've been using Nicads and NiMH's with 2.4ghz for years.

Just converted almost all my models to Life receiver packs..........but just because of weight savings and service life, not performance issues.

I also have a number of small to midsize models using Eneloop(and similar) LSD NiMH's with no issues as well.
Apr 24, 2012, 01:24 PM
+1,
I doubt that there is an Nimh AA cell made that can deliver the current that a Sanyo 700mAh Nicd cell can deliver. Your only limitation is how many flights you can safely get with 700mAh capacity. That said, today I trust all of my IC powered models to A123 packs
Pete
Apr 24, 2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem
Typically I need more than 5 minutes for my next flight. Changing batteries, talking, letting the others fly, switching off my TX because it signals reactor core meltdown because I forgot to switch it off

Good news: I found some upcoming sensors....

http://www.der-schweighofer.at/artik...ensor_spektrum
http://www.der-schweighofer.at/artik...binen_spektrum
http://www.der-schweighofer.at/artik...meter_spektrum
http://www.der-schweighofer.at/artik..._akku_spektrum

GPS, Something for JetCats, Vario, Capacity. I am just wondering why capacity and current is not combined.....

Looks like an interesting summer. Seems like Andy has lots to do implementing those into the firmware. Since we know, maybe you could tell us more, Andy ?

And maybe I need a new radio. Beta-testing DX18
I would look forward to the vario, but http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...rodId=SPMA9589 doesn't exist, so I wonder if it really exists?
Apr 24, 2012, 05:03 PM
AMA 84248 since 1964
If I switch to enloops can I still use the wall wart to charge
Apr 24, 2012, 05:09 PM
Suspended Account
Yes: they are Nimh.
Apr 24, 2012, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco2fly
If I switch to enloops can I still use the wall wart to charge
I do not see any problem using the Wall Wart charger for Eneloops, but if you really want to ensure that your batteries are going to give you the best performance, it is better to invest in a Cycling Charger with Peak Detection.

There have been many posts about using Eneloops just for Tx power, not Rx power.
Apr 24, 2012, 06:18 PM
215.0 MPH
Is it posted anywhere the recommended way to hook up the telemetry voltage monitoring + and -? BEC, no BEC, separate REC pack, , optical isolator (1) 4S pack, (2 )5S packs and what not. Trying to avoid ground loop issues, and there are a lot of variations.
Apr 25, 2012, 05:36 AM
So as I am ready to receive my DX8 I have 2 questions: (I do not have the radio yet, but it is underway)

1. Can the throttle ratchet be disabled WITHOUT removing the double side taped rubber handgrips (a poor design if you ask me...) I read here somewhere that there are pads covering the holes or so, and if so which screws need to be turned. The user manual does show some photo's but they are really not that conclusive...(i.e. not clearly shown on a topdown view which ones have to be manipulated) (I am not flying helis, but I just don't like the ratchet, there isn't one on a real throttle either, but of course it all comes down to personal preference)

2. Can the DX8 be hacked so as a European consumer I can boost the RF output to your American power level. (As the idiots who enforce the law over here decided it was better to lower the RF output...so it's in fact easier to lose control over your model...) (The way I understand the user manual is that I can only switch between EU and France, and not like in the DX6i between EU and US... :-( )

Thanks in advance!
Apr 25, 2012, 05:48 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
#1 removing the rubber plug behind your throttle gimbal will reveal 2 screws. Unscrew the ratchet plate until you no longer feel the ratchet then screw in the smooth plate until desired feel for smooth throttle.

#2 Should of bought a US version
Apr 25, 2012, 06:18 AM

Failsafe binding

Hi,
I am trying to get default (flat) failsafes programmed. I am using a 6ch Rx (can't remember the model, but with sattelite and data port), with TM1000. So I use the TM's switch as the binding initiation. I have tried keeping the switch in till the Rx starts flashing and keeping the switch in through the entire process (what I thought the 2 methods are?) Either way I push my swash right over and switch my Tx off, hoping to have the swash return to flat, as when binding. In both cases it keeps last command. Am I doing something wrong, or must I just keep going with one of the methods till I get success?
Thanks
Peet.
Apr 25, 2012, 06:25 AM
Hold last Command is available on ALL spektrum receivers while Preset Failsafe is NOT. If you want the swash to return FLAT then you need a PRESET Failsafe capable receiver.

Once you have one then method to initiate the Preset failsafe is start the receiver bind process and remove the bind plug prior to powering the radio in bind mode.
Apr 25, 2012, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip
#1 removing the rubber plug behind your throttle gimbal will reveal 2 screws. Unscrew the ratchet plate until you no longer feel the ratchet then screw in the smooth plate until desired feel for smooth throttle.

#2 Should of bought a US version
Thanks!
As for #2: unfortunately I don't visit there anymore very often (and if I have it shipped to Europe the customs' added VAT (sales tax) and import duty make it more expensive than when buying over here...(mostly because shipping cost for a high priced item is very high, and Dutch customs charge VAT (sales tax) and import duty not only over the item itself, but over the shipping cost too! ) (unfortunately US vendors don't want to put a lower value on the box anymore because that is supposedly a felony in the US... (as if I would call up the US authorities and say:" hey! I got a package with a lower value than what it's really worth, so now I have to pay less tax and import duty. No good, I want to pay more!" )
Apr 25, 2012, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip
Hold last Command is available on ALL spektrum receivers while Preset Failsafe is NOT. If you want the swash to return FLAT then you need a PRESET Failsafe capable receiver.
I thought this was the case too. However, the AR6255 seems to only have Preset Failsafe, and not Hold Last Command.
Apr 25, 2012, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardMan
I thought this was the case too. However, the AR6255 seems to only have Preset Failsafe, and not Hold Last Command.
I don't have that model rx and so can't comment/confirm.

Quick Reply