Apr 18, 2012, 11:17 AM
Just here for the pie.
Just let it go.

A valuable life lesson is to learn when to let someone be wrong/ignorant/antagonistic/etc. and just walk away.

On a positive note, since I opened it up and r&r'd the rudder gimbal cable, it's been rock solid.

Cheers!
Randall
to remove ads between posts
Apr 18, 2012, 11:21 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by randall_l
Just let it go.

A valuable life lesson is to learn when to let someone be wrong/ignorant/antagonistic/etc. and just walk away.

On a positive note, since I opened it up and r&r'd the rudder gimbal cable, it's been rock solid.

Cheers!
Randall
Glad to hear it!
DeoxIT is a great connector compound, I use it on everything.
I use these 2:

http://store.caig.com/s.nl/it.A/id.1...2&category=188

http://store.caig.com/s.nl/it.A/id.1...2&category=292

VP
Apr 18, 2012, 11:23 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete
... PS: I dont constantly "Correct" people on their procedures.
Our Safety Officeer at work is always trying to correct stuff, it's his job.

You see it as other trying to correct you, what's wrong with that if you are doing something wrong.

First you posted about the trims that you had hard time from seing center mark while flying, then people tried to help you / correct you from posting that you should be looking at them while flying and you got all defensive.

Several post early you post your safety officer at your club but before that post that you eat drink talk and a whole bunch of other stuff that in most clubs you aren't supposed to be doing while the radio /plane is ON.

So you see don't get all defensive when people comment about things you do or say cause you are the one telling us this stuff.
Apr 18, 2012, 11:28 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCing
Our Safety Officeer at work is always trying to correct stuff, it's his job.

You see it as other trying to correct you, what's wrong with that if you are doing something wrong.

First you posted about the trims that you had hard time from seing center mark while flying, then people tried to help you / correct you from posting that you should be looking at them while flying and you got all defensive.

Several post early you post your safety officer at your club but before that post that you eat drink talk and a whole bunch of other stuff that in most clubs you aren't supposed to be doing while the radio /plane is ON.

So you see don't get all defensive when people comment about things you do or say cause you are the one telling us this stuff.
The trims are hard to see whether flying or not, please dont start "Strawman Arguments".
I didnt say the "radio /plane", I said the Tx may be on while I am tending to certain necessary tasks. I am doing nothing wrong and you and the other "Ones" have no business harassing me, maybe you should "Let It Go".

VP
Last edited by Victory Pete; Apr 18, 2012 at 02:24 PM.
Apr 18, 2012, 11:33 AM
3D for Me
Quote:
Nope, he starts it. I didnt mention the "Inactivity Alarm" lately. He always starts it. I respond when I need to defend my position.

VP

PS: I dont constantly "Correct" people on their procedures.
Maybe you should stop "correcting" people. We may find your comments less abrasive.

JC
Apr 18, 2012, 11:55 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr
Maybe you should stop "correcting" people. We may find your comments less abrasive.

JC
I dont "Correct" people on their procedures nor opinions. I will "Correct" people when they "Misrepresent" or "Misquote" me.

VP

It is funny, it always seems to be the same kind of person who tends to "Criticise" and "Reprimands" others.
Apr 18, 2012, 12:35 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
I... It is funny, it always seems to be the same kind of person who tends to "Criticise" and "Reprimands" others.
Ya, Safety Officers.
Apr 18, 2012, 01:03 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCing
Ya, Safety Officers.
Not this "Safety Officer"

VP
Apr 18, 2012, 01:42 PM
Suspended Account

Lets see how this goes!

I have just recently charged all 3 of my Txs. DX8, DX6i, and DX5e. I charged the DX8 for about 4 hours, the battery pack was very warm. I charged the DX6i and DX5e for about 6 hours, batteries not warm at all. The batteries in those Txs are Duracell Precharged LSD's. I know the charger for the DX8 charges at 200ma. The charger for the other Txs is 150ma. Why do you suppose they never got warm? Could it be because they are LSD's?

Thanks for actuall help and opinions,

VP

PS While charging I went "Running With Scissors" and "Went Swimming Immediately After Lunch"!
Apr 18, 2012, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Stated another way... maybe you are annoyed by the receiving the same reply over and over again.
So your solution is post the same nonconstructive replies to what you deem are nonconstructive posts?

Quote:
It's very simple to change Gerry's and others responses to your posts. Stop beating the dead horse, offer something positive and you'll probably get positive responses.
Perhaps you and your ilk should heed this advice, lest we all endure more dead horse metaphors.
Apr 18, 2012, 01:58 PM
Suspended Account
Uh, Grumpy, visualize whirled peas on a maple leaf background!

Guys, would you throw Sophia Loren (40 years ago) out of bed for eating crackers?

I didn't think so, hence a few warts here and there on a beauty don't mean much.
Apr 18, 2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
I have just recently charged all 3 of my Txs. DX8, DX6i, and DX5e. I charged the DX8 for about 4 hours, the battery pack was very warm. I charged the DX6i and DX5e for about 6 hours, batteries not warm at all. The batteries in those Txs are Duracell Precharged LSD's. I know the charger for the DX8 charges at 200ma. The charger for the other Txs is 150ma. Why do you suppose they never got warm? Could it be because they are LSD's?
I don't think that it has anything to do with the batteries being LSD cells since they should also exhibit warming near the end of their charge cycle (but a faster charge rate does result in faster warming). The lack of warming is probably due to the difference in relative charge states. At 150mah 6h represents charging the battery less than 50% (assuming 2000mah cells). Considering the relatively flat discharge curve of NiMH, the batteries could all be near the same voltage, but represent radically different charge states. So, it is likely that your DX6i/DX5e batteries were just more depleted.

Quote:
PS While charging I went "Running With Scissors" and "Went Swimming Immediately After Lunch"!
Apr 18, 2012, 02:29 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy42
I don't think that it has anything to do with the batteries being LSD cells since they should also exhibit warming near the end of their charge cycle (but a faster charge rate does result in faster warming). The lack of warming is probably due to the difference in relative charge states. At 150mah 6h represents charging the battery less than 50% (assuming 2000mah cells). Considering the relatively flat discharge curve of NiMH, the batteries could all be near the same voltage, but represent radically different charge states. So, it is likely that your DX6i/DX5e batteries were just more depleted.

I thought of that but the DX6i still had 5.3v in it. Most curious!

VP
Apr 18, 2012, 02:56 PM
Champagne Supernova
Quote:
I only like peas with garlic and butter.

VP
I hate peas.......
Apr 18, 2012, 03:01 PM
3D for Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy42
So your solution is post the same nonconstructive replies to what you deem are nonconstructive posts?
Don't be confused - I'll say it plainly here...

My solution is to post what "I" deem to be productive posts in response to what "I" deem to be nonconstructive posts.

Also note - I am not alone in my thinking. As a matter of fact, very far from alone.

Quote:
Perhaps you and your ilk should heed this advice, lest we all endure more dead horse metaphors.
If me and my ilk have to endure what "we" deem as nonconstructive posts repeatedly ad nauseum, then... Yup, you and your ilk get to enjoy more dead horse metaphors and such until you and your ilk gets the message.

JC

Quick Reply