Sep 27, 2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Re-bind with the gear switch in the position you want them to be when you power up the model. (With ALL switches/sticks in the position you want them to be).

Andy
Arrrr this makes total sense now I feel like a plum! I think the switch was in the right position when I originally binded but think I had to use servo reverse for the retracts. Got to take the whole body off to access the bind
Might be awhile before I do this!!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2010, 01:18 PM
TAFTS
Can someone from Spektrum (Dave or Andy) verify this update is the right thing to do?

Scott
Last edited by Scott Todd; Sep 27, 2010 at 06:47 PM.
Sep 27, 2010, 01:20 PM
Sorry I'm a little late to the game guys, I've been waiting for the release of the DX8 to replace my DX6i, I just noticed it was in stock and its ordered!!! Can't wait.
Sep 27, 2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Todd
Can someone from Spektrum (Dave or Andy) verify this is the right thing to do?

Scott
Re-bind? Yes, that's why I suggested it. The rx's go to their pre-set failsafe positions until they have a signal (except throttle, which doesn't get a signal on powerup).

If you want the gear to be down when you power up, that's where you set the switch, then bind. Now, when you turn on the rx, it sends the "gear down" signal to the retracts.

This is how I have the retracts set in my planes. As soon as I power up the rx, gear goes down.

Andy
Sep 27, 2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete
I am wondering about the inactivity warning. After 10 minutes of no inputs on the DX8, the alarms sounds. How long will the alarms sound? Will the TX turn itself off? It seems to me if I leave on my TX and then leave the location where the Tx is before 10 minutes, the battery willl surely go dead.
VP
The tx won't turn itself off. The alarm will keep on sounding. Having it make noise is much better than having it die silently, as you have a much better chance of finding out that it's on if it's busy hollering at you.

You can hear it anywhere in the building if I leave my desk and forget to turn the radio off (they just wiggle the sticks to silence it). It makes a pretty good noise in the trunk of my car, or if I am on the other end of the flight line.

Don't over-analyze it, Pete.

Andy
Sep 27, 2010, 02:12 PM
Never stop
Quote:
The tx won't turn itself off. The alarm will keep on sounding. Having it make noise is much better than having it die silently, as you have a much better chance of finding out that it's on if it's busy hollering at you.

You can hear it anywhere in the building if I leave my desk and forget to turn the radio off (they just wiggle the sticks to silence it). It makes a pretty good noise in the trunk of my car, or if I am on the other end of the flight line.

Andy
It scared the crap out of me! So it does work well.
Sep 27, 2010, 03:02 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:

Andy
Hi Andy,
I suppose an auto shut off feature could be a disaster if it ever turned off the Tx while flying!
vP
Sep 27, 2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuhn1
...We've been testing v1.02 and expect to make it available shortly. This version does address the gyro switch select issue along with a couple others.

Thanks for you support and patience.

Chris Huhn
Spektrum
Thanks Chris! We appreciate the work for sure.

Ron Osinski
aka - GMRO
Sep 27, 2010, 05:00 PM
V1.02 is now available!

Thanks,
Chris Huhn
Spektrum
Sep 27, 2010, 05:06 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuhn1
V1.02 is now available!

Thanks,
Chris Huhn
Spektrum
Wow! It is now in my DX8. Thanks Spektrum Guys!
VP
Sep 27, 2010, 05:13 PM
Suspended Account
This is amazing! I dont want to seem ungrateful but the dot that was added to the center trim bar graph is barely visible. A thick line would be great!
Keep up the good work!
VP

PS The trim display on the DX6i is perfect!
Sep 27, 2010, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete
I am updated to V 1.01 and already it is outdated! I am looking forward to the next update! This is cool!
VP
Pete, your the man!
Sep 27, 2010, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by victory pete
this is amazing! I dont want to seem ungrateful but the dot that was added to the center trim bar graph is barely visible. A thick line would be great!
Keep up the good work!
Vp
:d

lmao!!!
Sep 27, 2010, 05:19 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMAC_Sweden
:d

lmao!!!
Hi IMAC
What does this mean?