Spektrum DX8 & DX10 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Feb 10, 2010, 12:23 AM
Registered User
dman69's Avatar
New Product

Spektrum DX8 & DX10


http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/aeroon...o_insight.html
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2010, 04:03 PM
One cell short of a Pack
steve1814's Avatar
I'm definitely liking the DX10! Multiplex looks and flexibility, but in DSM2 which I already have - win/win for me!

Cheers,
Steve
Feb 13, 2010, 06:12 PM
War Eagle!
Spackles94's Avatar
I like the attention to details on the DX10 myself! And, finally, SD card support across the board!
Feb 13, 2010, 07:44 PM
Registered User
The 10T is a European design TRAY radio. It is NOT a DX10.

I have no way of knowing with certainty, but I seriously doubt that we shall see it on this side of the pond.
Feb 13, 2010, 07:47 PM
War Eagle!
Spackles94's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewasp
The 10T is a European design TRAY radio. It is NOT a DX10.

I have no way of knowing with certainty, but I seriously doubt that we shall see it on this side of the pond.
So, do you think they might release a DX10 with all the functions of the 10T, but in a repackaged way?
Feb 13, 2010, 08:46 PM
Registered User
In a word, no.
If they do that would signal a major change in a contractual relationship regarding DSM2.

Of course all things can change over time, but I do not foresee this being the time.
Last edited by onewasp; Feb 13, 2010 at 10:22 PM.
Feb 14, 2010, 01:14 AM
One cell short of a Pack
steve1814's Avatar
As long as it is compatible with my current receivers I find a way to own one

Cheers,
Steve
Feb 14, 2010, 01:29 AM
War Eagle!
Spackles94's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewasp
In a word, no.
If they do that would signal a major change in a contractual relationship regarding DSM2.

Of course all things can change over time, but I do not foresee this being the time.
I see...

Do you think it has more to do with FCC filings and making it U.S.-friendly and whatnot?
Feb 14, 2010, 01:26 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spackles94
I see...

Do you think it has more to do with FCC filings and making it U.S.-friendly and whatnot?
_________________________________________

Absolutely zero ! The RF sections have been approved since 2006(if not earlier)

It has to do with the "Ironclad" Contractual agreements signed and sealed in 2005 (if memory serves me correctly) .
Horizon and JR are the parties and 2.4GHz is the subject as are the brand responsibilities which are rigidly defined therein. Spektrum is one of the brands and JR the other.
Last edited by onewasp; Feb 14, 2010 at 02:03 PM.
Feb 16, 2010, 02:39 AM
One cell short of a Pack
steve1814's Avatar
Official response from Spektrum:

Hello, Steven,

Thank you for your email and your interest in our Spektrum products.

The DX10 is a tray transmitter announced at the Nuremburg Toy Fair that was designed specifically for the European market. It is not a transmitter that we will have available in the US. We will have other Spektrum announcements available for the US market so please check back in with us!

Please let us know if we may assist you further as we are happy to help!

Have a great day!


I guess I'll have to order one from Germany when they become available.


Cheers,
Steve
Feb 16, 2010, 03:19 PM
War Eagle!
Spackles94's Avatar
Thanks for the info!

I wonder if it will be available to ship over here, given all the FCC restrictions and whatnot. I mean, if someone really wants one, they'll find a way to get one. But whether it's "allowed" over here remains a whole different story.

I could be mistaken, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1814
Official response from Spektrum:

Hello, Steven,

Thank you for your email and your interest in our Spektrum products.

The DX10 is a tray transmitter announced at the Nuremburg Toy Fair that was designed specifically for the European market. It is not a transmitter that we will have available in the US. We will have other Spektrum announcements available for the US market so please check back in with us!

Please let us know if we may assist you further as we are happy to help!

Have a great day!


I guess I'll have to order one from Germany when they become available.


Cheers,
Steve
Feb 16, 2010, 03:30 PM
Registered User
pda4you's Avatar
Napo - I think the issue is more in the marketing agreement. I have heard that the 8 channel and below are Spektrum here in the US and 9 and up are JR brands.

Mike
Feb 16, 2010, 03:40 PM
One cell short of a Pack
steve1814's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spackles94
Thanks for the info!

I wonder if it will be available to ship over here, given all the FCC restrictions and whatnot. I mean, if someone really wants one, they'll find a way to get one. But whether it's "allowed" over here remains a whole different story.

I could be mistaken, though.
I think it was the other way around - our (USA) version of the 2.4 gHz radios transmitted too much power for Europe's use. I'm still going to try and get one if the current Spektrum line of receivers do work with it (the DX10T). Some of us 'merikans like using a tray - I have one for my DX-7 and X9303.

Cheers,
Steve
Feb 16, 2010, 05:30 PM
War Eagle!
Spackles94's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pda4you
Napo - I think the issue is more in the marketing agreement. I have heard that the 8 channel and below are Spektrum here in the US and 9 and up are JR brands.

Mike
Well, on that note, all you have to do is slap a different sticker in there, right?
Feb 16, 2010, 06:34 PM
Registered User
pda4you's Avatar
LOL - kinda just like that....


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Receivers that work with Spektrum Radios that are not made by Spektrum BD Flyer Radios 29 Sep 26, 2010 05:09 AM
Discussion Spektrum AR6100E or Spektrum AR6100? LaurenceGough Off-road Cars 23 Aug 06, 2009 06:33 AM
For Sale Parkzone 5ch DX10 w/Receiver ch54 CarlHill Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 7 Jul 10, 2009 01:07 PM
Discussion Can I use a Spektrum Air RX with a Spektrum Surface TX? Bigmaxy Radios 1 Jan 19, 2008 08:57 PM
Sold GeForce 8400Gs PCIx DX10 video card GFBurke Non R/C Items (FS/W) 6 Sep 05, 2007 11:43 PM