Helicopter Setup Instructions for CC Controllers. - Page 7 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by RS Rogers, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 24, 2010, 07:31 PM
RCGroups Editor
Matt Gunn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintstone
Try puling the HS back about 50 RPM if you can just to try it. You are running out side of the recommended range and I feel it would help to drop the Head Speed just a little bit if for nothing else but testing. Then try the simple mode like we talked about and I bet you will find the answer. Sounds like you have made a lot of progress
Ok, dropped the headspeed by 50, Now Im at roughly 1670 rpm head speed.
The oscillation went away until way late in the flight at 11 minutes.
I think I am going to stick with what I have and just land around 11 minutes, which is more time than I need in the air anyway.
Just for my own info...what do you think the voltage drop on the pack is introducing the tail oscillation? Considering it doesnt come in till way late?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 25, 2010, 07:14 AM
Castle Support
Clintstone's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr
Ok, dropped the headspeed by 50, Now Im at roughly 1670 rpm head speed.
The oscillation went away until way late in the flight at 11 minutes.
I think I am going to stick with what I have and just land around 11 minutes, which is more time than I need in the air anyway.
Just for my own info...what do you think the voltage drop on the pack is introducing the tail oscillation? Considering it doesnt come in till way late?
As the voltage drops the GOV is still trying to maintain the HS... as it can no longer maintain the HS that is set it will oscillate some as it unloads and tries to go back to the HS it can't reach due to the voltage drop. Remember you are running way outside of the recommended HS so if you want it to work better you can either lower the HS or add another tooth to the pinion. This should allow you to maintain the desired HS longer. How many MAH are you putting back in the packs at 11 minutes? Is it more than 80% capacity? Thanks.
Aug 25, 2010, 07:28 AM
RCGroups Editor
Matt Gunn's Avatar
Clint,
take a look at the e logger file. I think you can see the oscillation set in as the 85HV tries to maintain HS, right at 7:45. See how the graph lines start out small and get very wide? I can try the bigger pinion and see if that helps.
At 11 minutes, Ive burned 3700mAh (75%), and pack voltage is at 44 V.
Aug 25, 2010, 07:34 AM
Castle Support
Clintstone's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr
Clint,
take a look at the e logger file. I think you can see the oscillation set in as the 85HV tries to maintain HS, right at 7:45. See how the graph lines start out small and get very wide? I can try the bigger pinion and see if that helps.
At 11 minutes, Ive burned 3700mAh (75%), and pack voltage is at 44 V.
So what is the throttle percentage in the Info box on the Castle link for the HS you are running? I just want to get an idea how far above 95% you are running as it looks like it does good till the voltage drops.
Aug 25, 2010, 07:53 AM
RCGroups Editor
Matt Gunn's Avatar
hmmm, I didnt log throttle %.
Let me see when I get home from work if I have that option, I think I do.
Aug 25, 2010, 07:57 AM
Castle Support
Clintstone's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr
hmmm, I didnt log throttle %.
Let me see when I get home from work if I have that option, I think I do.
You can just look at the % in the Castle link. In Set RPM GOV modeyou can get this value by clicking the info box next to the desired HS box after you enter the HS you want to run. What is your gearing, motor kv, cells and desired HS? Thanks.
Sep 28, 2010, 08:55 PM
Registered User

CC Ice 120HV new heli


Hi, Im trying to setup the governor under the following parameters:

CC Ice 120HV
12S 5000 40C
Scorpion HK4035-500Kv
Pinion 12T
Main 120T
Kasama Srimok 90E
Main: 710mm
Tail: 95mm

I got 86% and 84% when calibrating(Futaba 12FGH) the controller, is this normal?

Desire HS 1750
1850
1890 Max i can get from cc software

N 0 25 30 30 30
Idl1 75 75 75 75 75
Idl2 100 100 100 100 100

I have´n fly it yet, my first flight with fixed end points were HS 1600

What do you think?

Regards,
Gustavo
Sep 29, 2010, 08:52 AM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggy38
Hi, Im trying to setup the governor under the following parameters:

CC Ice 120HV
12S 5000 40C
Scorpion HK4035-500Kv
Pinion 12T
Main 120T
Kasama Srimok 90E
Main: 710mm
Tail: 95mm

I got 86% and 84% when calibrating(Futaba 12FGH) the controller, is this normal?

Desire HS 1750
1850
1890 Max i can get from cc software

N 0 25 30 30 30
Idl1 75 75 75 75 75
Idl2 100 100 100 100 100

I have´n fly it yet, my first flight with fixed end points were HS 1600

What do you think?

Regards,
Gustavo
Be sure to set low timing and 8 KHz PWM with that motor.

I have found that on large helicopters you usually need a governor gain of about 30-35. Start with 15 and increase 5 at a time until the motor surges then back off one at a time until the surging stops.

Sep 29, 2010, 12:25 PM
Registered User
Ok thanks, what about the end points, that seems at the low side.

Regards,
Gustavo
Sep 29, 2010, 05:58 PM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggy38
Ok thanks, what about the end points, that seems at the low side.

Regards,
Gustavo
Endpoints vary between transmitters. As long as it goes low enough to arm and hits 100% throttle (see data logger) you are good. On a new helicopter I run it up without main or tail blades and make sure everything’s working correctly. Use a tachometer to see that the headspeed is correct for 3 flight modes.

Sep 29, 2010, 06:53 PM
TJin(Guy + Tech)
tjinguy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
Endpoints vary between transmitters. As long as it goes low enough to arm and hits 100% throttle (see data logger) you are good.
The esc will beep when you reach 100%, so there is no need to use the data logger.
Sep 29, 2010, 09:02 PM
Registered User
Ok, its just I got 86 up and 84 down, I thought it was low.

"On a new helicopter I run it up without main or tail blades and make sure everything’s working correctly. Use a tachometer to see that the headspeed is correct for 3 flight modes."

I guess you took in consideration that these method is not real, the blades are not loaded, may differ with the real scenario.

Gustavo
Sep 29, 2010, 11:40 PM
TJin(Guy + Tech)
tjinguy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggy38
Ok, its just I got 86 up and 84 down, I thought it was low.

"On a new helicopter I run it up without main or tail blades and make sure everything’s working correctly. Use a tachometer to see that the headspeed is correct for 3 flight modes."

I guess you took in consideration that these method is not real, the blades are not loaded, may differ with the real scenario.

Gustavo
Nope not in governor mode. The rpm of the blades is set by the governor and will remain the same both loaded and unloaded, assuming it is actually possible to run the head speed loaded.
Sep 30, 2010, 06:12 AM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjinguy
Nope not in governor mode. The rpm of the blades is set by the governor and will remain the same both loaded and unloaded, assuming it is actually possible to run the head speed loaded.
That’s exactly correct. The governor will give the same headspeed without blades as with blades. Give it a try.


Sep 30, 2010, 03:40 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
That’s exactly correct. The governor will give the same headspeed without blades as with blades. Give it a try.


Ok, sounds good, I will give it a try and let you know the results.

Regards,
Gustavo


Thread Tools