This thread is privately moderated by RS Rogers, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 09, 2010, 09:43 AM
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

Helicopter Setup Instructions for CC Controllers.

Hey Guys,
We get lots of inquiries on how to set some things on the controllers such as Fixed Endpoints, Auto-Rotate Enable & Gov. Set Rpm so I decided to write & post instructions for these things. Some of these were written a while back but should be pretty well up to date. If anyone catches anything let me know!

If there are other instructions you would like to have that are not here let me know!

Thanks,
Steve
Last edited by RS Rogers; Jul 28, 2018 at 02:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 09, 2010, 11:51 AM
MrE
MrE
Thanks!
Feb 09, 2010, 11:15 PM
Nice
Feb 12, 2010, 11:30 PM
Team Mulikow
Thank you very much, that answered a few questions I had about Governor mode!!!
Feb 13, 2010, 06:48 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta30 View Post
Thank you very much, that answered a few questions I had about Governor mode!!!
No problem! Glad to hear there helping.
If there are still questions don't hesitate to ask!

Steve
Feb 14, 2010, 08:25 AM
Great info on the Autorotation settings. Always wondered about that! Now that I can bail out, it's time to practice!
Feb 14, 2010, 11:24 AM
Refering to the SET RPM and gain.
What if I still get a tail kick but I am at the lowest gain setting already? What else can I change to get rid of the kick?

Thanks.
Feb 14, 2010, 06:02 PM
Thread OP
If your at a very low setting try going up in gain & see if it gets better. IF the response of the motor is to slow & gets "to far behind" on the rpm the acceleration to get back to the target speed might be causing it. If it gets worse with higher gain I would then look at binding or the actual gyro.

Let us know what you try & the results.

Steve
Feb 14, 2010, 09:44 PM
OK, I increased the gain, but, it got worse. Now I have this fast twitchy tail. It happens when applying collective, like punching out. I increased the gain from 15 to 25. Was that too much gain increase? Also, the heli did not have too much punch at gain 15 and it bogged. At gain 25 is perfect. except I have the tail twitch. What would be a good gain setting? Weather got bad over here, so I could not try other settings. I will try this week reducing the gain a little.
Feb 15, 2010, 06:03 AM
A man with too many toys
Try a gain in the 2 to 7 range and see how that flies. With a new helicopter I usually start with a gain of 2 and slowly work my way up.
Feb 18, 2010, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the instructions!

I can't seem to understand the Gov High compared to the Set RPM.

Once Set RPM mode is fine and all green at:
HS 2400 @ 0-50
HS 2600 @ 50-99
HS 2700 @ >99

Do I simply change it to Governor High?
Change my curve to on radio to match?
2405 @ about 46.0
2603 @ about 52.4
2704 @ about 55.3

Quote:
If anyone catches anything let me know!
Do you mean spelling? If so a misspelling on the Set RPM PDF.
Quote:
(Usually known as normal curv)
Feb 18, 2010, 04:35 PM
Castle Support
Quote:
Originally Posted by critters View Post
Thanks for the instructions!

I can't seem to understand the Gov High compared to the Set RPM.

Once Set RPM mode is fine and all green at:
HS 2400 @ 0-50
HS 2600 @ 50-99
HS 2700 @ >99

Do I simply change it to Governor High?
Change my curve to on radio to match?
2405 @ about 46.0
2603 @ about 52.4
2704 @ about 55.3

Do you mean spelling? If so a misspelling on the Set RPM PDF.
When you go into GOV high the Castle link wil give you the value for the Transmitter for the desired HS. The main difference is that in SET RPM MODE the value in the TX stays fixed for example 30-30-30 in normal ( not using auto-rotation enabled) 70-70-70 in idle 1 and 100-100-100 in idle 2 . To make a head speed change you make the change for each mode in the Castle Link. In GOV High you can change the HEAD Speed by changing the Value in the Throttle Curve in the TX, however I do recommend using the castle link to advise the head speed and throttle e value in the TX and in all GOV modes I recommend using flat throttle lines or Curves for each mode.

I hope this helps...

PS- Steve is traveling today and I am sure he will fix the spelling son. Thanks
Feb 18, 2010, 06:14 PM

Fixed the problem

OK, I finally fixed the tail kick problem. This is what I did:
First, I reduced the gain to 20. That did not do too much. Went down to 18, still some kicking. Finally, I decided to change the PWM from 8kHz to Outrunner mode and up the gain again to 20. That did it. It has lots of punch, motor running just warm and no tail kick.
It seemed that changing to Outrunner mode made a big difference.
Feb 19, 2010, 07:56 AM
Castle Support
Quote:
Originally Posted by egiraldo911 View Post
OK, I finally fixed the tail kick problem. This is what I did:
First, I reduced the gain to 20. That did not do too much. Went down to 18, still some kicking. Finally, I decided to change the PWM from 8kHz to Outrunner mode and up the gain again to 20. That did it. It has lots of punch, motor running just warm and no tail kick.
It seemed that changing to Outrunner mode made a big difference.
Very cool thanks for sharing.
Feb 20, 2010, 02:02 PM
Wow, Nice post, asswered all my questions!!!!

Quick Reply