Old Feb 08, 2010, 07:23 PM
Find More Posts by fr4nk1yn
Discussion

Tri-Copter vs. 500class Helicopter vs Quad.

With prices of equipment getting lower I've been having dreams of AP/AV again.
Nothing serious, just some casual "let's go up and see what's around" flying.
Payload would probably not be more than a 10mp point/shoot and maybe a CCD and TX on a tilt mount.
Starting with only a radio system, using HobbyCity parts both would be quite similar in price, except for the 500 Flymentor, and be more than enough for the equipment.

What are the Pros / Cons of using each?
I continually read of the Tri-Copters stability but what does that mean really?
How does that stability compare with a 500 and Flymentor? With the Flymentor I'd assume you could move into position and virtually let go of the sticks while it maintains a hover, or if orientation is lost correct it. Tri-Copter?

And just to mention it, How would a Quad-Copter fit in?
What are the differences between that and a Tri-Copter? Beside the extra motor, etc (:

Thanks for any replies.
to remove ads between posts