Thread Tools
Old Mar 02, 2013, 03:56 PM
John R. is offline
Find More Posts by John R.
Registered User
Don,
It said your video is not available.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2013, 07:37 PM
takeoff2 is offline
Find More Posts by takeoff2
Registered User
takeoff2's Avatar
Keyrigger - Nice chopper,you use Scale heli option or normal settings?
Old Mar 02, 2013, 07:42 PM
Keyrigger is offline
Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Keyrigger's Avatar
I use normal options for the 720 and checked off the scale heli option in the GPS. If the weather Monday to Wednesday is good (not below freezing), I will get this out to the field and really give it a workout. I am now resetting all my pitch curves to match going from one mode to the next. Take care.

Don
Old Mar 15, 2013, 07:52 PM
GetToDaChopper is offline
Find More Posts by GetToDaChopper
Aviation Technician
GetToDaChopper's Avatar
Sooooo how is everyones GPS working out, does everybody have their GPS systems working great ?
Old Mar 16, 2013, 04:22 AM
takeoff2 is offline
Find More Posts by takeoff2
Registered User
takeoff2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetToDaChopper View Post
Sooooo how is everyones GPS working out, does everybody have their GPS systems working great ?
Spin the knife in the wound.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 07:56 AM
Rickn816 is offline
Find More Posts by Rickn816
RCHN #150
Rickn816's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetToDaChopper View Post
Sooooo how is everyones GPS working out, does everybody have their GPS systems working great ?
It works, but I am still working out the gains, etc.

Rick
Old Mar 16, 2013, 03:02 PM
jamesppp is offline
Find More Posts by jamesppp
Registered User
jamesppp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeoff2 View Post
Thanks,
My Outrage received a new canopy,a Bando tail belt and some new bearings,now waiting for gps and.... good weather.
Speaking of GPS, you ordered one? Until now goes wery well.
takeoff 2, I thought the skids on the GPS equipped heli looked familiar.
Good video testing the GPS.

I have not ordered GPS Are the working out well for most owners? I have been out of touch lately.

The only thing I have flown in a couple of months or more is my little brushless Mcpx, and the little 130X that I fly in my yard and a little Gee Bee R2 i bought at SEFF last April.
I havent been to the field in a long time as my Compass 7HV only has 20 minutes of airtime on it. Ive got to do better and need some help from the weather. Just a bunch of dusty helis at my house
Old Mar 18, 2013, 01:02 AM
GetToDaChopper is offline
Find More Posts by GetToDaChopper
Aviation Technician
GetToDaChopper's Avatar
hey can someone ask helihaven if he got banned over on willy freak ?
Old Mar 18, 2013, 07:16 AM
Rickn816 is offline
Find More Posts by Rickn816
RCHN #150
Rickn816's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesppp View Post
takeoff 2, I thought the skids on the GPS equipped heli looked familiar.
Good video testing the GPS.

I have not ordered GPS Are the working out well for most owners? I have been out of touch lately.

The only thing I have flown in a couple of months or more is my little brushless Mcpx, and the little 130X that I fly in my yard and a little Gee Bee R2 i bought at SEFF last April.
I havent been to the field in a long time as my Compass 7HV only has 20 minutes of airtime on it. Ive got to do better and need some help from the weather. Just a bunch of dusty helis at my house
Yesterday, I ran both position hold and altitude hold. They worked perfectly, With alt hold, you can move the heli around and not worry about a dirt bath. With position hold, the heli was rock solid on all three axes.

Still working on Go Home.

Rick
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:12 AM
GetToDaChopper is offline
Find More Posts by GetToDaChopper
Aviation Technician
GetToDaChopper's Avatar
What is "Go Home" doing ?
Old Mar 20, 2013, 05:06 PM
takeoff2 is offline
Find More Posts by takeoff2
Registered User
takeoff2's Avatar
Question,At RtH activation the LED light is blue or blue green?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 07:59 AM
Rickn816 is offline
Find More Posts by Rickn816
RCHN #150
Rickn816's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeoff2 View Post
Question,At RtH activation the LED light is blue or blue green?
Don't know. I was testing Alt Hold last night, and the LED was flashing green.

Rick
Old Mar 21, 2013, 03:03 PM
Luvmyhelis is offline
Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Professional heli wrecker
Luvmyhelis's Avatar
Hey Rick, have you tried to push it below the deck yet with any authority? Just curious to see how far down it penetrated before it caught itself and moved back up? Plus have you flown it hard enough yet to where we usually see the Sk720 get scrambled slightly and begin SL drift? How does that effect things with the Gps system in place? If at all?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 06:15 PM
Xrayted is offline
Find More Posts by Xrayted
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Hey Rick, have you tried to push it below the deck yet with any authority? Just curious to see how far down it penetrated before it caught itself and moved back up? Plus have you flown it hard enough yet to where we usually see the Sk720 get scrambled slightly and begin SL drift? How does that effect things with the Gps system in place? If at all?
Hi Randy. I posted a recent vid over on HF, but I hear you are having some issues over there at the moment. Although all my flight was upright, I purposely tried slamming the hei down though the deck and couldn't do it. It would bounce off just like a force feild. I did many attempts other than what was filmed, and was able to get within 10-15 feet of the ground using hard deck(without pre deck calculation)and the lowest setting of 24 feet once ot twice, but I was never afraid of it and pulled up for any reason. It caught it every single time.

Skookum GPS first flights (4 min 23 sec)
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:30 AM
Rickn816 is offline
Find More Posts by Rickn816
RCHN #150
Rickn816's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Hey Rick, have you tried to push it below the deck yet with any authority? Just curious to see how far down it penetrated before it caught itself and moved back up? Plus have you flown it hard enough yet to where we usually see the Sk720 get scrambled slightly and begin SL drift? How does that effect things with the Gps system in place? If at all?
Not yet. I've been focused on Go Home. But, I've seen videos of those who have. It works.

The drift in my case was not a function of the GPS, but of the accelerometers in the Gyro. I reset the accels with the heli tilted slighty toward the tail rotor. Trial and error. I also carefully checked my C/G. After those two fixes, the heli no longer drifts.

The drift is less pronounced when you use a position hold where the GPS is active. In alt hold, there is some drift, but the heli is "supposed" to be moving in this mode, so drift should be irrelevant.

Rick
Last edited by Rickn816; Mar 22, 2013 at 10:36 AM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale CSM SL 720 gyro $150 Shipped Giovanni Day Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jul 02, 2011 08:18 PM
Discussion Skookum 720 Rickn816 Electric Plane Talk 2 Feb 07, 2010 10:01 AM
Sold NIB Extremeflight Torque 2812/720 RichR Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 2 Jan 15, 2010 10:36 AM
Sold NIB Torque 2812/720 RichR Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 0 Jan 13, 2010 01:00 PM
Sold Torque 2812/720 Brushless motor RichR Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 2 Aug 27, 2009 10:19 PM