Mar 17, 2010, 04:25 PM
i was thinking a large sharpie,i should get my new battery soon.That carbon rod mod sounds good.Do you have to order carbon rods online or is that something a hardware store could get?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2010, 05:29 PM
hey what kind of wind would you think is too windy for the SS 15 mph gusts ?
Mar 19, 2010, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wow1
What type of paint are you using the apply sand apply sand method is not for me !!!! I was thinking decals.
I use acrylic foam safe paint, but on this one I have what you are thinking.
I had some decals from another foam glider that I used, these are orange which I intend to color black using a marker. Yesterday at the club field I was flying formation with a buddy who had a Skywalker sailplane, I could hardly see the decals under the wings!
Mar 19, 2010, 12:18 PM
Flash, AAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhh
.....wrong place sorry.
Mar 19, 2010, 01:38 PM

but...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwardflyer
.....wrong place sorry.
could be the right time
Mar 19, 2010, 07:55 PM
well that new battery just plain Owns it has alot more power and i flew it hard for 20 min and the battery wasn't even warm gonna pick up another at a latter date electrofly 11.1v 20c/25c 1600 mah and it was plug and play $37 shipped in 2 days TowerHobby !!!!!
Mar 19, 2010, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosk
i was thinking a large sharpie,i should get my new battery soon.That carbon rod mod sounds good.Do you have to order carbon rods online or is that something a hardware store could get?
I don't think you can get the carbon fiber rods at a hardware store, I buy mine from the local hobby shop.
Mar 23, 2010, 11:46 AM
Thread OP
If your new to flying any wind is your enemy I've flown ours in 15 mph winds takes some of the fun out of it for me. James and I flew out to Orlando last minute thing. Were on our way home now sunshine is Goooooooood!!!
Mar 23, 2010, 05:21 PM
yea i tried 15 and it pushing the plane like a kite and shakes it alot 5 is perfect for me
Mar 24, 2010, 09:41 AM

thinking of buying a sky surfer

I am thinking about buying one a sky surfer from bananahobby. i have all the electronics already and was thinking about buying 1 of each of the replacement parts minus the decals, electronics. The parts needed to assemble the plane comes out to around $38. Im wondering if anyone has done this before or thinks this is a good idea considering Bananahobbys reputation for not having parts when they say they do or not accepting returns for defective parts.
Mar 25, 2010, 11:25 AM
Thread OP
I started a Saralyn fan club thread. I'd be willing to bet if you ask her on that thread she will find out. I've had no problems with BH myself.
Mar 25, 2010, 12:23 PM
Suspended Account
Order time is close. I'm placing the order tomorrow or on monday and I ittend to make it an overpowered sky surfer. I talked to some guys at the airfield that used to have a similar plane and the brushless upgrade was just awsome. the verticals were endless as they told me. I can't imagine what a 4s setup will do I will just need some carbo reinforcemends and some good servos
Mar 25, 2010, 05:19 PM
Thread OP
Super charged sky surfer????? How's your raptor after upgrades???
Mar 25, 2010, 10:16 PM
Suspended Account
Havent flown it yet... many strong winds... BUT look at the numbers when I tested it.. I used to get 47amps draw and 680watts

now look at this thread https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1195953&page=5 went up to 70 amps and 1000watts with the 30c battery and 66amps with 960watts woth the stock 20c ones which I suppose they will give everything and drain out very fast. 20c is much too inadiquate with this setup. BUT... I can't feel it pulling any harder when I;m holding it... I just hear astronger noise from the fan.. ofcourse only a flight will show.. lets hope today it's gonna be a better day for flying and I will come back with 1st impression
Mar 26, 2010, 01:36 AM
Argue for your limitations

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosk
i live in the Northern Sierra Nevada in a small town of 2000 people
What town? Just don't tell me Downeyville. I am in NorCal too.
AJ

Quick Reply