Sep 21, 2011, 04:42 AM
Suspended Account
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18473

now what????
Sep 21, 2011, 09:03 AM
EDF Balance GURU and RC addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon
sweet!! I need to get one of those....Advanced trainer....Looks like a blast!!!
Sep 22, 2011, 07:53 PM
Thread OP
Price is right, easier to fly, I still have a couple of the originals in the box yet I'll probably need them soon FPV almost ready!
Oct 20, 2011, 11:05 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!

Sky Surfer Fall Harvest

Here is a vid I caught this last weekend in the backyard. I love watching these guys working the fields to get the crops out...

Sky Surfer Fall Harvest (5 min 26 sec)

KMan
Oct 23, 2011, 07:21 PM
This has to be the best beginner plane (v3 is what we have). I got one for my son to learn how with and this little plane stock can take a beating. Just a couple of high altitude lessens and I've just let my son lose with it now as I don't fear him destroying it.

He got it stuck in the only tree in a 100 miles(ok maybe not 100 miles but yea...). Storm roles in before we can get it out and the storm gets it out for us. When we go out and find it on the group its full of rain water. I'm like Hmm electronics are shot probably. I let it dray out and plug the battery in every things has been working with out issue so far.

I went ahead and ordered 2 more; one for me (they are fun to fly) and one for my youngest daughter as she has been wanting to fly her brothers. I'll prob be ordering one for FPV from ReadymadeRC b/c I can get a v1 from them.

The only mobs I've had to do is, the wing mod with the robber bands to secure them better and reinforce all the hinges with packing tape as a heard crash will knock some of the EPO from hinges lose.
Oct 29, 2011, 01:43 PM
Argue for your limitations

Bad choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33
sweet!! I need to get one of those....Advanced trainer....Looks like a blast!!!
I had two of them. They are terrible to say the least. If you find yourself in a low spin, it will not recover (read crash). I gave one to my son and he flew it once and declared it junk and gave it to an experienced friend of his who crashed it beyond repair on the 2nd flight. Of course, "V" tails are very unpopular because of their inherent design problems. If you like your FPV equipment (and/or your modeling $$), there are many, many other choices.
AJ
Oct 29, 2011, 01:46 PM
Argue for your limitations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
This has to be the best beginner plane (v3 is what we have). I got one for my son to learn how with and this little plane stock can take a beating. Just a couple of high altitude lessens and I've just let my son lose with it now as I don't fear him destroying it. <SNIP>
What is the difference between a V2 and a V3? Nobody seems to know. TIA.
AJ
Nov 02, 2011, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker
What is the difference between a V2 and a V3? Nobody seems to know. TIA.
AJ
No clue really, seems I read somewhere the electronics where better. All three I've got, i have had zero issues with. Even the 1st one that we got that my son has planted into the ground and the side for the bard a number of times keeps on ticking.(after putting it back together that is.)

I did order a ARF(basically just the two halves glued together and the stickers put on) and it is exactly like the two RTF I got minus the electronics.
Nov 02, 2011, 04:00 PM
EDF Balance GURU and RC addict
Quote:
No clue really, seems I read somewhere the electronics where better. All three I've got, i have had zero issues with. Even the 1st one that we got that my son has planted into the ground and the side for the bard a number of times keeps on ticking.(after putting it back together that is.)

I did order a ARF(basically just the two halves glued together and the stickers put on) and it is exactly like the two RTF I got minus the electronics.
Its the location of the electronics. The servos are inside the plane in the new ones. Where as the older ones are kinda on the outside. And I think that the motor, servos and esc are better in later versions. And the canopy is different on the V3 with an actual pilot bust.
Nov 02, 2011, 06:49 PM
Oh I thought in V2 they moved the control rods inside and had the clear canopy with the pilot in it.

Also just found out that my Turnigy 9x will bind with the receiver that comes with the RTF also.
Nov 03, 2011, 04:04 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Oh I thought in V2 they moved the control rods inside and had the clear canopy with the pilot in it.

Also just found out that my Turnigy 9x will bind with the receiver that comes with the RTF also.
lol.. nice..
Nov 03, 2011, 07:24 AM
Thread OP
This plane seems to make everyone smile!!! I'm still working through some fpv issues and against my better judgment got hooked into the speed thing with my f18.
Dec 20, 2011, 09:44 AM
Thread OP
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays everyone!
Dec 20, 2011, 10:45 AM
Suspended Account
it's allliiiiiive it's alllliiiiiive.. Th thread is aliiiiiiiveeeee

Happy holidays to u too wow

Quick Reply