Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Dec 15, 2010, 08:12 AM
pavcon is offline
Find More Posts by pavcon
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by garymcc View Post
Here is a link to a guy flying a brushed Sky Surfer from Banana H.
and exactly at 7.19 not enough power to pull up.. :/
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2010, 01:19 PM
D0Z3R is offline
Find More Posts by D0Z3R
Registered User
D0Z3R's Avatar
I was able to cancel the order and I turned around and ordered the RTF with the brushless motor.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 01:01 AM
Weekend Flyer is offline
Find More Posts by Weekend Flyer
i Like RC
Weekend Flyer's Avatar
I ordered my Sky Surfer brushless from BH on Dec 2 and it just arrived at my post office in Canada Dec 15. Will need to pick it up tomorrow !
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:12 AM
pavcon is offline
Find More Posts by pavcon
Suspended Account
happy flying . weekend is already round the corner :P
Old Dec 17, 2010, 03:06 PM
ajbaker is offline
Find More Posts by ajbaker
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar

The change won't happen with BH


Quote:
Originally Posted by D0Z3R View Post
do you know of someone i can contact to change the order? It just got updated that it will ship in 2 or 3 days...
That is the big problem with BH - Customer Service. It is nearly non-existent. You have absolutely NO CHANCE whatsoever of changing your order. That would require them to work slightly outside the box. But, the good news is that the SkyS flies fairly well with the brushed motor and the 7.4v LiPo. I have one SkyS with over a hundred flights on it with a brushed motor. It is stock except for the safety changes that are necessary for the health of the plane. You might take a few minutes and review the following page for recommended mods to keep you out of trouble. Also, you might want to join that thread too because it has all the necessary information to REALLY have fun with the SkyS safely. We don't do stock over there except for the maiden flight. I am sure you will find it interesting. At any rate, read all of Page #1. The information there is very useful. If you have any questions, please post them over in that thread. We are there to help you..
Here it is:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1231310
AJ
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:18 AM
D0Z3R is offline
Find More Posts by D0Z3R
Registered User
D0Z3R's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
That is the big problem with BH - Customer Service. It is nearly non-existent. You have absolutely NO CHANCE whatsoever of changing your order. That would require them to work slightly outside the box. But, the good news is that the SkyS flies fairly well with the brushed motor and the 7.4v LiPo. I have one SkyS with over a hundred flights on it with a brushed motor. It is stock except for the safety changes that are necessary for the health of the plane. You might take a few minutes and review the following page for recommended mods to keep you out of trouble. Also, you might want to join that thread too because it has all the necessary information to REALLY have fun with the SkyS safely. We don't do stock over there except for the maiden flight. I am sure you will find it interesting. At any rate, read all of Page #1. The information there is very useful. If you have any questions, please post them over in that thread. We are there to help you..
Here it is:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1231310
AJ

Well i contacted their live chat and they quickly canceled my order and i was able to order the RTF with the BL option.

It has shipped already and should be here by Thursday just in time with Christmas. I just hope nothing is damaged.

On i am reading through the the entire mod thread which is great. Im currently on page 102 lol but i already have everything ready to use the 3m mini hooks mod for the wings. I already bought the suggested control horns and also bought a roll of the 3M extreme tape which was crazy expensive.

I cant wait to put it together
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:33 AM
pavcon is offline
Find More Posts by pavcon
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0Z3R View Post
Well i contacted their live chat and they quickly canceled my order and i was able to order the RTF with the BL option.

It has shipped already and should be here by Thursday just in time with Christmas. I just hope nothing is damaged.

On i am reading through the the entire mod thread which is great. Im currently on page 102 lol but i already have everything ready to use the 3m mini hooks mod for the wings. I already bought the suggested control horns and also bought a roll of the 3M extreme tape which was crazy expensive.

I cant wait to put it together
good choice
Old Dec 26, 2010, 10:24 AM
wow1 is offline
Find More Posts by wow1
Registered User
wow1's Avatar
Merry belated Christmas to everyone, still enjoying and flying my Sky Surfers FPV stuff arrived no time to play with it yet. My 90mm f22 arrived on time and made a welcomed addition to my fleet of planes.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 10:31 AM
pavcon is offline
Find More Posts by pavcon
Suspended Account
90mm from Flyfly???
btw the surfer is now a must at the airfield... when is relaxing time I fly the surfer...
Old Dec 28, 2010, 12:00 PM
garymcc is offline
Find More Posts by garymcc
Registered User

BEVRC v2 SkySurfer in stock.


BEVRC.com has announced the SkySurfer v2 is back in stock.
Last edited by garymcc; Dec 28, 2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 01:58 PM
pavcon is offline
Find More Posts by pavcon
Suspended Account
question.. does BH upgraded brushless arf come with esc?
Old Dec 28, 2010, 07:36 PM
kman24 is online now
Find More Posts by kman24
Addicted To Flying Foam
kman24's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
question.. does BH upgraded brushless arf come with esc?
No, just the motor and the propietary motor mount. This is the ESC I am using in mine and it has held up extremely well. I like the fact that it has two heat sinks. It stays cool inside the Sky Surfer electronics compartment.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/30a-electr...o-series-.html

KMan
Old Dec 28, 2010, 09:17 PM
kman24 is online now
Find More Posts by kman24
Addicted To Flying Foam
kman24's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by garymcc View Post
BEVRC.com has announced the SkySurfer v2 is back in stock.
Whenever I go to their website and click on "Airplanes" my web browser times out. Is their website jacked up or is it my computer?
Old Dec 28, 2010, 10:24 PM
garymcc is offline
Find More Posts by garymcc
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24 View Post
Whenever I go to their website and click on "Airplanes" my web browser times out. Is their website jacked up or is it my computer?
I had problems with their site earlier in the day. I just tried the site and it worked for me.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:15 PM
garymcc is offline
Find More Posts by garymcc
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by garymcc View Post
BEVRC.com has announced the SkySurfer v2 is back in stock.
Looks like the price has gone up by $US4.00.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Cyber Sky Parachute (Sky Surfer) shv2sail Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Aug 23, 2016 10:41 PM
Discussion AXN Floater-Jet vs. Sky Surfer by banana superblue Electric Plane Talk 11 Aug 08, 2014 07:12 PM
Discussion BlitzRCWorks Sky Surfer Aerobatic Flench Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 4 Feb 13, 2010 04:17 PM
Wanted Looking to buy a Gondola for a Sky Surfer/ or similar guyg Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Aug 27, 2009 03:45 AM
Discussion Looking for a Sky Surfer Paraglider GONDOLA to BUY guyg Parkflyers 0 Aug 27, 2009 03:34 AM