Dynam Skybus DC-3 - Page 7 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Mar 02, 2010, 05:21 PM
EB-66C Team Member
xplaneguy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Morgan
I am doing that on mine as well. I bought the reverse rotation props to go with the standard rotation props. Probebly will not make much of a difference, its just the cool factor. All you have to do is reverse two of the motor wires on the motor you want to reverse. BTW, I got my kit today and I must say that the quality is alot better than I was expecting.
Scott- Glad to see you received your bird. Will you be posting the results from your wattage tests with the 3 Balde props?

Regards,
Tony
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 02, 2010, 06:46 PM
Registered User
Yes, will take several days, but I will post for sure. I have 2 other airframes Im finishing up on then I'm going to assemble the DC-3 and shoot a little paint on her. Should'nt take but a few hrs.
Mar 02, 2010, 07:27 PM
Registered User
ok, friends.....i'm in! just placed my order. i am really excited for this one, as the dc3 has always been a favorite of mine. i am thinking i'll do the traditional olive drab over gull grey paint scheme. i am going to email callie graphics right now to see what they can do as far as some scale decals. i am looking forward to seeing all of the different ways that this plane is being dressed up. hoping for lots of pictures!

rob
Mar 02, 2010, 08:59 PM
Flick lives
BladeHead's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob737
ok, friends.....i'm in! just placed my order. i am really excited for this one, as the dc3 has always been a favorite of mine. i am thinking i'll do the traditional olive drab over gull grey paint scheme. i am going to email callie graphics right now to see what they can do as far as some scale decals. i am looking forward to seeing all of the different ways that this plane is being dressed up. hoping for lots of pictures!

rob
Great Rob! Maybe one of these days, we Right Coast guys can get our "Goonie Birds" together for a grand fly-in. I can't say this enough...Wait until u see how she flies.
Mar 02, 2010, 09:21 PM
Registered User
thanks! i am really excited for it's arrival. i watched your vid and the one from nitro last night, it really looks like it flys great (and leaps and bounds better than the first dc3 i tried). thinking it will arive next week sometime....

edit: check this out, fellows...i was hunting around for paint/decal schemes and i found this. my dad didn't fly the dc3, but he got hired into the old convairs when he started there in the mid 60's. isn't this a beauty!
Last edited by rob737; Mar 03, 2010 at 12:25 PM.
Mar 03, 2010, 02:20 PM
Registered User

dynam dc-3


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Morgan
Yes, will take several days, but I will post for sure. I have 2 other airframes Im finishing up on then I'm going to assemble the DC-3 and shoot a little paint on her. Should'nt take but a few hrs.
21 amps with stock props ran it up today
Mar 03, 2010, 03:54 PM
EB-66C Team Member
xplaneguy's Avatar
rob- Nice Braniff scheme!

Zagi-Thanks for the info.

I'm currently on hold with painting my AC-47 due to high winds. I paint outside to keep the overspray off everything in the garage. I really need a paint booth!

Tony
Mar 03, 2010, 05:50 PM
Registered User

Dynan dc-3


Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy
rob- Nice Braniff scheme!

Zagi-Thanks for the info.

I'm currently on hold with painting my AC-47 due to high winds. I paint outside to keep the overspray off everything in the garage. I really need a paint booth!

Tony
I am having a problem with the motors, one is tighter than the other when you hook up the battery, so it has un even torque which results in plane spinning around on ground, when you pull the battery off, it seems to be normal again, any ideas on what is causing this?
Mar 03, 2010, 06:47 PM
EB-66C Team Member
xplaneguy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAGI CRAZEE
I am having a problem with the motors, one is tighter than the other when you hook up the battery, so it has un even torque which results in plane spinning around on ground, when you pull the battery off, it seems to be normal again, any ideas on what is causing this?
Is the battery fully charged? Are the motors spinning the same direction? Are the ESCs connected right to the motors? Just trying to eliminate potential issues.

Tony
Mar 03, 2010, 07:31 PM
Registered User
when i put the esc on to the other motor the same thing happened to that motor,battery was at full and wires are correct, when i put the "good" esc on each motor it worked fine on both it seems that something is going on with the esc, thanks for the reply....
Mar 03, 2010, 08:53 PM
Registered User
I had to order one of these myself today after reading this thread. Looks like a great plane for the money! Can't wait! How fast does Nitro usually ship these out?
Mar 03, 2010, 09:04 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotowiz
i had to order one of these myself today after reading this thread. Looks like a great plane for the money! Can't wait! How fast does nitro usually ship these out?
about a week
Mar 03, 2010, 09:06 PM
Registered User
i ordered mine last night, it will be here tuesday, a week exactly.
Mar 03, 2010, 09:15 PM
Flick lives
BladeHead's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAGI CRAZEE
when i put the esc on to the other motor the same thing happened to that motor,battery was at full and wires are correct, when i put the "good" esc on each motor it worked fine on both it seems that something is going on with the esc, thanks for the reply....
Zagi Crazee,
Contact Nitroplanes. I've had good experience with Nitroplanes/Xheli customer service in the past. It wouldn't hurt to point out this discussion group to them...I'm sure we're all interested in hearing how it goes.
Mar 03, 2010, 10:26 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeHead
Zagi Crazee,
Contact Nitroplanes. I've had good experience with Nitroplanes/Xheli customer service in the past. It wouldn't hurt to point out this discussion group to them...I'm sure we're all interested in hearing how it goes.
Very interested in the outcome as well. I had a feeling this DC-3 would catch on. It looks and flies too good not to. We owe it all to Bladehead for the first post and review. Thanks!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion DC-3 Plans blackwidow18 Australia 2 Jan 17, 2010 09:27 PM
Sold Celectra 4-Port 1S 3.7V 0.3A DC Li-Po Charger by E-flite DuaneV Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 2 Jan 15, 2010 10:02 AM
For Sale Great Planes DC-3 project sunderll Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Jan 12, 2010 08:34 PM
Sold Celectra 4-Port, 1-Cell, 3.7, 0.3A DC Li-Po Charger, Plus 3 240MAH Single Cell Packs. jafo216 Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 9 Jan 01, 2010 12:55 PM
Sold Dynam 5-Channel Receiver/Dynam 3 in 1 Gyro CGReload Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 3 Aug 18, 2008 05:40 PM