Mar 19, 2010, 01:31 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh1bby69
Tony my my friend, my gf and i are heading out on Sunday.
I'll be there on Saturday! Sunday, I'm at another event!

Have fun,
Tony
to remove ads between posts
Mar 19, 2010, 03:12 PM
Lance

CG question

I"m gonna maiden my dc-3 this weekend. I put the CG right where the manual says but to do this I had to put a 1300mah 3s in the nose just aft of the stock battery placement.

Anyone else have this?
Mar 19, 2010, 04:21 PM
I had to add 2.5 ounces of lead to the nose, even after switching out to a heavier 25c 3s2200 lipo moved as far forward as it will go. Balanced fine with the added lead, but work schedule still has not allowed time for a maiden. Maybe tomorrow if the wind gods are kind.
Mar 19, 2010, 04:38 PM

Dynam DC-3

Well, got my ESC today, it was not exchanged, i know because i marked bad ESC with red mark, plus it had my deans plug on it! It seems to work, both props stop at the same time now, they did not even send me any info on what they did to it, i just have to assume that it was repaired some how, chat person said that it was reprogrammed, i tried to do that multiple times without success. oh well i guess that the way it goes. will try to maiden it tomorrow, to windy and much colder today in MN Zagi
Mar 19, 2010, 07:34 PM
flew mine for two whole packs yesterday, it flew great! did some scale flying then practiced a bunch of takeoffs and landings. very happy now! my new props arrived today, as mentioned they are a bit flimsy. i'll do some static runs tomorrow and see how they do.

zaggi, glad you plane is working now! you've waited a long time, best of luck on the maiden and post a report when you can!
Mar 21, 2010, 09:51 AM
Maiden Flight was good, no issues, i converted over to my DX7 transmitter/w 6110 receiver, i did not have any problems with stock radio, it's just nice to be able to program aileron/rudder mix in for smoother turns! Dynam radio is now in my GWS C-47 Skytrain, and works fine................ Now have to "fix" that rear swivel wheel, and all will be well.......Zagi
Mar 21, 2010, 10:51 AM
Lance

Couple of videos of my EAL DC-3 maiden yesterday

DC-3 Taking off (0 min 20 sec)

DC-3 flying in Atlanta (0 min 43 sec)

Note the excellent climb rate on this first video when I forgot about the portable light tower they moved in behind me.
Maiden flight of Dynam DC-3 (0 min 47 sec)
Last edited by lwalton; Mar 21, 2010 at 12:44 PM.
Mar 21, 2010, 01:05 PM
Flick lives
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwalton
Note the excellent climb rate on this first video when I forgot about the portable light tower they moved in behind me.
Thanks for the vids, lwalton! She sure looks good in that silver skin.
Mar 21, 2010, 02:17 PM
looks great lwalton! where did you end up getting the decals you needed?
Mar 21, 2010, 03:32 PM
Looks good Iwalton. Did you have to add any nose weight, and are you using the stock battery. I have come to the conclusion that the stock CG range is very conservitive. I balanced mine at 65mm with a TP 2200 25C 3 cell lipo which is heavier than the stock 15C battery, and it still took 2 ounces to balance. It flew very very nose heavy, and I was even running out of elevator at slower airspeeds. I'm going to take atleast half of the weight out and test her again. I have a suspension I'll end up taking most of it out before I'm done.
Mar 21, 2010, 04:03 PM
Lance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Morgan
Looks good Iwalton. Did you have to add any nose weight, and are you using the stock battery. I have come to the conclusion that the stock CG range is very conservitive. I balanced mine at 65mm with a TP 2200 25C 3 cell lipo which is heavier than the stock 15C battery, and it still took 2 ounces to balance. It flew very very nose heavy, and I was even running out of elevator at slower airspeeds. I'm going to take atleast half of the weight out and test her again. I have a suspension I'll end up taking most of it out before I'm done.
A member on this thread - Zup - had the decals from when he converted his GWS EAL plane to TWA years ago. Thanks Zup!

I added a 3s 1300mah Zippy battery to the nose and I lined up with the suggested CG in the manual and it flew right on. I'm going to add 150% up travel on my DX-7 for next flight. I'm not getting much up elevator with the stock setup. Even though it jumped over that light real quick
Mar 21, 2010, 04:05 PM
she looks AWESOME .... tnx for the vids !
Mar 21, 2010, 04:07 PM
Do you balance with a CG machine, or use your fingertips? Thanks!
Mar 21, 2010, 06:34 PM
Lance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Morgan
Do you balance with a CG machine, or use your fingertips? Thanks!
I bought this GP balancer from www.atlantahobby.com

http://www.atlantahobby.com/store/pc...GP-10p7702.htm
Mar 21, 2010, 06:35 PM
zup
zup
looks good lance. i hope none of those lite towers or fences reach out and grab it tho.
john

Quick Reply