Mar 11, 2010, 07:23 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob737 View Post
thanks, tony. i did use the stock pack. i can tell you roughly how much weight i added, but i don't have a scale so you'll have to bare with me if you can. it took nine .45 cal. lead balls to achieve balance. those balls are the type used in reproduction cap and ball pistols. sorry, but i don't know how much they weigh! i put most of them in the most forward cut outs in the foam alongside the pack (i made fences with packing tape to hold them in). i also bored out some foam as far forward as i dared and inserted a few more, also covering those with tape. i think in addition to the aft c.g. the wind may have played a part in my crash. it really jumped off the ground, perhaps before i was ready for it.

it really flew well with the gws props. they might be good spares, i'll throw my wattmeter on it later and post some numbers.

the worst part of the day is that my wife actually came with me this time to try and take some pics! some pilot i am, ha ha......
I may go with a larger battery for longer flight times rather than to add weight.

Has anyone else had an issue with the CG?

Regards,
Tony
to remove ads between posts
Mar 11, 2010, 07:28 PM
I haven't had an issue with the CG. I did experience one where the plane took off straight up and stalled and did a sharp left into the ground but for me it was a pilot error. I pulled back on the elevator too much and stalling the plane vs just letting the plane take off by itself.

I really want to take the plane out but it's a bit too windy. i also want to test it out with it's new 2.4Ghz Tx/Rx cause I did have a bit of interference issues when I last flew it so this is more of an kind of insurance
Mar 11, 2010, 07:33 PM
no added weight to your plane to get it to balance? wonder what's up with mine. paint? too much epoxy in the tail? hmm.
Mar 11, 2010, 08:40 PM
Quote:
no added weight to your plane to get it to balance? wonder what's up with mine. paint? too much epoxy in the tail? hmm.
No added weight. Just the battery and its flown fine.
Mar 11, 2010, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Paint!
Mar 11, 2010, 09:29 PM
Thanks Tony, Hope to see some video of both in flight!! .............. Zagi
Mar 12, 2010, 01:00 AM

Dynam ESC Programming

G'day from downunder.

This is my first post on this forum; for those of you with the RTF kits and want to know how to program the ESC here’s the link from the manufacturer (they don't sell to the public as far as I know). http://www.dynam-rc.com/download/diantiao.pdf

I was reading about the problems one of you had with your motor - if it's a bit stiff when you turn it by hand and you can hear a slight grinding noise then its most probably the stator rubbing on the magnets, may be a bent shaft. This can happen while in transit. You need to send the motor back for replacement. I deal allot with this manufacturer and sell some of their stuff here in OZ, I have dealt with a few minor issues but never had any problems with their ESC's.

You can get just the Dynam Skybus (DC-3) kit or ARF versions just have to hunt around.

I like the paintjobs on the DC-3 (rob737) - they look really great.
Mar 12, 2010, 11:10 AM
Have you seen my nut?
Welcome to RCGroups from Overaround and up a little
Mar 12, 2010, 11:23 AM

fellows, i think my crash on the first take off was my fault. i re-examined my cg issue, suspecting something was wrong because nobody else has had to add any weight (and i added a bucketfull). it looks like i used the drawing in the manual wrather then measuring to determine the proper c.g. envelope. now that i have measured it properly my plane too does not need any additional weight (it has all been removed). it balances just fine with the pack alone. some mistake!

also...i used my standard "warbird" technique on the first takeoff, meaning holding a lot of up elevator to keep the plane from nosing over. as pointed out by another poster, this plane does not need that. it seems like the best technique is to just let it fly off the ground on its own for the most part. lessions learned!

my plane looks as good as new, i just finished touching up the scuffs and the epoxy seam on the wingtip. got very luck this time! i think i am going to order some more of those gws props...at least from all of this i found a good replacement prop for this plane.

rob
Mar 12, 2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:

fellows, i think my crash on the first take off was my fault. i re-examined my cg issue, suspecting something was wrong because nobody else has had to add any weight (and i added a bucketfull). it looks like i used the drawing in the manual wrather then measuring to determine the proper c.g. envelope. now that i have measured it properly my plane too does not need any additional weight (it has all been removed). it balances just fine with the pack alone. some mistake!

also...i used my standard "warbird" technique on the first takeoff, meaning holding a lot of up elevator to keep the plane from nosing over. as pointed out by another poster, this plane does not need that. it seems like the best technique is to just let it fly off the ground on its own for the most part. lessions learned!

my plane looks as good as new, i just finished touching up the scuffs and the epoxy seam on the wingtip. got very luck this time! i think i am going to order some more of those gws props...at least from all of this i found a good replacement prop for this plane.

rob
Rob I've made the same mistake too so no worries. The plane literally will take off from the ground by itself and its really a beautiful take off. Maybe even with a hint of up on the elevator will get it up a little faster if needed but not a lot.
Mar 12, 2010, 01:10 PM
thank you sir, feel better already. i'll concentrate on that technique next time i can take her out. rain and wind for the next few days, however. paying the price for a beautiful week...i went out four times to fly and got almost all of my planes up. thanks again......rob
Mar 12, 2010, 04:45 PM
I have installed some Navi Lights on my plane. I'm pretty excited on how they look! Will post pics and vid when I can.
Mar 12, 2010, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra-rcflight View Post
G'day from downunder.

This is my first post on this forum; for those of you with the RTF kits and want to know how to program the ESC here’s the link from the manufacturer (they don't sell to the public as far as I know). http://www.dynam-rc.com/download/diantiao.pdf

I was reading about the problems one of you had with your motor - if it's a bit stiff when you turn it by hand and you can hear a slight grinding noise then its most probably the stator rubbing on the magnets, may be a bent shaft. This can happen while in transit. You need to send the motor back for replacement. I deal allot with this manufacturer and sell some of their stuff here in OZ, I have dealt with a few minor issues but never had any problems with their ESC's.

You can get just the Dynam Skybus (DC-3) kit or ARF versions just have to hunt around.

I like the paintjobs on the DC-3 (rob737) - they look really great.
Welcome to RCG. Thanks alot for posting the ESC programming info.
Regards,
Scott
Mar 12, 2010, 05:21 PM
Here is a vid of the Navi Lights! They are pretty bright. The vid was from my Droid. I still have 2 more lights to put on and that is on the tail and under the cockpit

Dynam Skybus AC 47 Spooky (0 min 33 sec)
Mar 12, 2010, 05:50 PM
Flick lives
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh1bby69 View Post
Here is a vid of the Navi Lights! They are pretty bright. The vid was from my Droid. I still have 2 more lights to put on and that is on the tail and under the cockpit
Nice! Do they run off a separate lipo?
Last edited by BladeHead; Mar 12, 2010 at 05:59 PM.

Quick Reply