Oct 17, 2014, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axefly View Post
No i am sorry you are way off with your claims, the publications at reputable science sites, does not publish fraud, and the work is done by Credible scientists, this only one of the publications scientist's credentials, which is the last link i posted.
Non-scientists usually don't have a clue what really goes on.

You have no basis for judging the reputability of the scientist OR the journal.

Neither of that really matters because...
1. Many, if not most, good scientists have a few garbage papers here and there.
2. All journals, no matter how prestigious, publish fraud on a regular basis. The real judge of their quality is how good they are at publishing retractions.
3. We don't need to waste all this hot air. The proof is in the pudding! A battery advance was announced, and no battery materialized. That's plain old fraud. Weather it's straight up fraud, misrepresentation, or over-hyping it is still a fraudulent claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axefly View Post
Furthermore it is far beyond obvious as i already have posted in my links above that the oil industry has been running hidden campaign's to undermine renewable energy. This has been going on for Decades.
You can take off your tinfoil hat. Batteries are not an energy source. If anything they'll cause energy consumption to increase.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2014, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakestew View Post
Batteries are not an energy source. If anything they'll cause energy consumption to increase.
While this is likely very certainly true, technological advances in energy storage is one of the largest Achilles' heel that is hampering the viability of renewable energy and these 'advances' may eventually lead to a disruptive technology that will permit large scale adoption. It's just going to take a bit longer that most are hoping for.

For now, I'm personally thrilled with the batteries that I use to power my airplanes.
Oct 17, 2014, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrforsyth View Post
For now, I'm personally thrilled with the batteries that I use to power my airplanes.
They're certainly WAY better than the first few generations of rechargeable batteries!

It might not really be big oil that is against alternatives.

Hopefully you know the reason we don't drill here in the US is because it's always been the plan to get our oil (relatively) cheap from 3rd world nations until it's all used up. When that oil becomes too expensive to profitably pump we'll still have massive reserves of oil to drill while everyone else pays excessive prices, or simply has to shut down and starve.

That plan goes out the window if oil becomes obsolete before it's all used up.
Last edited by jakestew; Oct 18, 2014 at 05:00 AM.
Oct 18, 2014, 01:09 PM
Quote:
You have no basis for judging the reputability of the scientist OR the journal.
It does not matter what you think/say at all wrt what you can only guess at best what i know, i back up my claims with reputable links, you have posted NONE.

Quote:
Neither of that really matters because...
1. Many, if not most, good scientists have a few garbage papers here and there.
2. All journals, no matter how prestigious, publish fraud on a regular basis.
says WHO ? You ???

Again your words are full of hot air, Post irrefutable proof to back up your claims.

Quote:
The real judge of their quality is how good they are at publishing retractions.
3. We don't need to waste all this hot air. The proof is in the pudding! A battery advance was announced, and no battery materialized. That's plain old fraud. Weather it's straight up fraud, misrepresentation, or over-hyping it is still a fraudulent claim.
That's how you try and justify this personal unsupported conjecture, i backup my claims with proof, you've shown NO science refuting any of these studies whatsoever.

http://phys.org/news/2014-10-ironcla....html#firstCmt

Quote:
It might not really be big oil that is against alternatives."
O yes it is, they are also denying climate change:

http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/...newable-energy

http://phys.org/news/2013-12-koch-br...s-climate.html

http://www.drexel.edu/~/media/Files/...%20Change.ashx
Last edited by Axefly; Oct 18, 2014 at 03:42 PM.
Oct 18, 2014, 02:40 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
Everyone is against climate change.
(Some also refuse to believe it's happening. )
Oct 18, 2014, 04:17 PM
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKen
Everyone is against climate change.
(Some also refuse to believe it's happening. )
please do not venture into an LTUP topic. since you did though:

1. Nasa.gov cites two speculative works as "evidence" that carbon dioxide causes an increase in temperature. never mind the fact that even statistical correlation has not been established, there is a jump to causation.

2. various trends (not shown to be statistically significant) are peppered around the "evidence" website: http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

3. if you are a true scientist, you should be agnostic. not going according to "a-bunch-of-people-believe-it-with-no-mathematical-model-provided-hence-i-believe-it".

4. if someone cites correlation, without providing even the correlation coefficient or demonstrating the statistical significance of their hypothesis - be skeptical. if someone cites causation based on correlation, they do not even comprehend basic statistics. it is shameful that Nasa chooses to do so.
Oct 18, 2014, 04:25 PM
Apparently my attempt to lighten the mood with a little humor failed. I guess I'll just go back to silently hoping the off topic tirades cease, and watch for the next actual "breakthrough battery tech" link.
Oct 18, 2014, 04:28 PM
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
my apologies. i didn't realize that the poster above you started the topic. consider my rant to be directed against his climate change claim.
Oct 18, 2014, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axefly
It does not matter what you think/say at all wrt what you can only guess at best what i know, i back up my claims with reputable links, you have posted NONE.
LOL! WTFF?

You're trying to prove what you know not to be true?

There is NO better battery. It does not exist. How can you prove that it does?

You're not making any sense here. I don't even understand what you're trying to say.

That scientist claimed to have come up with an advance in battery technology. He OBVIOUSLY has not as NO better battery has been produced. That's plain and simple fact.

No scientific claim is regarded as true until it can be demonstrated and replicated. I see no evidence that either has happened. Until then it's just a bunch of paper gibberish with no basis in reality, EVEN to other scientists.

If you really think he's right then buy the stuff and make a battery. Then demonstrate it! Dead simple. If the claims were true then it would have happened.

So AGAIN, put up or shut up. The advanced battery either exists or it doesn't. If it exists then SHOW me the battery, otherwise shut the hell up with your BS.

You seem to have no concept of what constitutes proof and reality.
Oct 18, 2014, 10:16 PM
ancora imparo
Unsubscribed.

Sorry, Julez. This thread was quite fun while it lasted.
Oct 19, 2014, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakestew
You seem to have no concept of what constitutes proof and reality.
You revert to insults rather than proof, your outburst reinforces that reality.

Quote:
You're trying to prove what you know not to be true?

There is NO better battery. It does not exist. How can you prove that it does?

You're not making any sense here. I don't even understand what you're trying to say.
You obviously misunderstood, i never said a better battery exist, i said there are powers that is halting the progress of better batteries being produced, that is why we do not see funding and progress.

Quote:
That scientist claimed to have come up with an advance in battery technology. He OBVIOUSLY has not as NO better battery has been produced. That's plain and simple fact.
Again it shows you completely misinterpreted what i was saying, there is no better battery produced i never said that.

You are jumping up and down reverting to insults and trying to put words in my mouth because you have absolutely no proof to prove the scientist work to be fraudulent.
Last edited by Axefly; Oct 21, 2014 at 04:05 PM.
Oct 19, 2014, 06:24 AM
Jakestew and axefly, please take this exchange to pm's if you want to continue it.
Oct 19, 2014, 02:36 PM
MrE
MrE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKen
Jakestew and axefly, please take this exchange to pm's if you want to continue it.
Yes, please do. You both are ruining this thread.
Oct 20, 2014, 02:02 AM
Sorry all. Didn't mean for this to degenerate in this way.

I think something does need to be done about the plethora of fraudulent battery advance claims though. Keeping track of them would be a start. Someday when I have some free time maybe I'll put up a wikipedia page about false battery advancement claims.
Oct 20, 2014, 09:38 AM
Ken, If you haven't done so already, take a look at the ignore feature. You'll be pleasantly surprised how enjoyable this feature can make the forums.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/prof...?do=ignorelist

Quick Reply