Feb 16, 2004, 01:20 PM
only dimension i changed on it was the span from 30 to 24" the tips, root chords all remained the same.

to get 1-1/4 ~ 1-1/2" cg for the original plan, the sweep distance would have to be 0. so when i changed my wing to 0 sweep, i get the same 1-1/2" cg

darn, i hope this isn't right cause i already placed the battery in to balance it
to remove ads between posts
Feb 16, 2004, 03:01 PM
DLG Fan
Thread OP
I'm not too sure about the cg for your bird. But I'd err on the forward side. Try for 1 1/4" and give it a shot. Pretty sure it'll be ok.
Feb 16, 2004, 03:02 PM
DLG Fan
Thread OP
Where is your cg now with the battery in place?
Feb 16, 2004, 03:05 PM
DLG Fan
Thread OP
I wouldn't trust the 2.3" cg computation that you came with using the calculator. That doesn't sound right to me at all.

Good luck on your maiden. Be bold with your launch - give it a nice firm, level wing chuck! And by the way she's a good looking AZ-Shrike!
Feb 16, 2004, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AZ_Astro
Where is your cg now with the battery in place?
cg with the lipos in place is about 2 1/4"

Quote:
I wouldn't trust the 2.3" cg computation that you came with using the calculator. That doesn't sound right to me at all.
can you tell me what you have for the root cord, tip cord, sweep distance, half span and mac balance so i can run it thru the calc. to double check my calc.?

Quote:
Good luck on your maiden. Be bold with your launch - give it a nice firm, level wing chuck! And by the way she's a good looking AZ-Shrike!
will do! and thanks!
Feb 16, 2004, 08:24 PM
DLG Fan
Thread OP
I'm not sure I know what all of those are but :

root chord = 6 "
tip chord = 4.5"
Mean Average Chord = 5.1" approx
Sweep = 0
Half span = 15"

Those would be my guess.
Feb 16, 2004, 08:48 PM
ah, ok, so you're entering 0 for the sweep. it comes out 1.32" for the cg and when i changed it to 24" wing span, it remained the same.

ok, i'll just re-arrange the battery location and balance it there.

such a nice plane, hate to have it crash on the maiden, especially with a brushless.

thanks again for the help and the plans
Feb 16, 2004, 09:30 PM
DLG Fan
Thread OP
Sweep is, I believe, when you have wings that are angled back... But of course the AZ-Shrike has straight wings. So the sweep is 0 degrees.

By the way, I lived in Taipei for six years way back when. Visited Kaohsiung four or five times, once on my way to the southern tip of the island. Those were good years for me.

Yi hou dzai tan.
Feb 16, 2004, 09:59 PM
ah ok, i guess it doesn't apply to reverse swing...i just had to make sure since the wing was shortened, wierd how the cg remains the same though. oh well, will maiden it this weekend and see how she flys.

lived in taipei huh? that place is too crowded for me, to have to drive around for 30min. just to find a parking space is too much. ever plan on coming back?

btw...it took me a while to figure out what you wrote, lol
Feb 17, 2004, 12:26 AM
Single-task at best...

Thread closed

Gents,

We're closing this thread due to its size, but starting the continuation here;

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...hreadid=200478

Tim Hooper

Quick Reply