Jul 01, 2003, 11:24 PM
Burnin' holes in the sky!
Hey, we made the hot topics list I didn't know you ventured into our rotary winged brothers. Why did you end up selling it?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 02, 2003, 08:12 AM
I started off with an Ikarus Piccolo actually. I bought it with the intention of learning to hover and fly around in my 2 car garage until I could enough to go outside (no wind). I practiced daily for about 2 hours, but could never "get it". I was always chasing myself and never in control. Then, one day, my esc/gyro failed and I sent it off to Ikarus. 5 weeks later it came back. I was kinda irritated since the place is a 7 hr drive from here.. After the 2nd week I ordered another one - when it came 3 days later, IT did not work. It went back and another week went by and the new one came. It didn't work either. Money refunded and I waited for original. Well, when it finally came I had already decided to sell it. A couple of days after it came before it came back, I already had a buyer. So I sold it. A few weeks/months went by and I just couldn't stand it anymore, so I ordered some stuff from Dan at FoamFly. Never looked back...
Jul 02, 2003, 09:28 AM
Wow, that makes me glad the guys at Adventure talked me into getting an electric plane instead of a Piccolo. I never looked back... until now. I have just seen too many fly, and I am already confident that I can fly them, as I have practiced with them on Realflight an hour or two a day, every day. Plus, Rappys are so much more stable than Piccolos. Dan
Jul 02, 2003, 09:30 AM
mmkay, but I won't say "I told you so"

I have some awesome videos of CP Pics on the HD here - BIG files though
Jul 03, 2003, 11:02 AM
DLG Fan
Thread OP
I just heard from George in Commercial Sales at the Lowes in Chandler (near I-10). They have 2 bundles of Bluecor left over from that shipment that came in a month or so ago.

ANYBODY WANT SOME JUST GO GET IT!

Go directly to Commercial Sales and ask for it. Refer to the :

Bluecor Fan-Fold Foam

Cost is approx. $30 plus tax.
Jul 03, 2003, 11:51 AM
Man, I may have to go pick one of those up, I am making planes like crazy and I am kinda worried how long my original one will last. BTW lets get out to the Chandler Bowl at 1 AM next Sunday Seriously though, I'll try to make it out there at 7 or so. Gotta rehinge the Tribute's tailfeathers, it fluttered like crazy on its last flight. Talk about a way to get your heart rate going Dan
Jul 03, 2003, 11:21 PM
DLG Fan
Thread OP
I am on my 2nd bundle of Bluecor. I built about 20 planes with the first bundle.

Seems like you have to fly about 5:00 am if you want to beat the heat. But 7:00 is as early as most people can make it out.

I'll be at the Chandler Bowl 7-9 am on both Sat and Sun this weekend. Hope to see you out there.
Jul 04, 2003, 01:54 AM
Has anyone ever brought a slimer plane out there? I could bring out my T-34 and take some aerial pics Hmmm, then I'd have to bring out the glow starter, fuel, windex, paper towels, that thing you put on the glowplug (witching hour screwed with my memory), glow plugs, all my screwdrivers and tools........................ Now I see why I love the Tribby Still, do you think anyone would mind? I don't think anyone came out and complained about the heli, but I would hate to jeopordize that great little field

BTW Mike D, you ought to come out too. I would love to see that plane that you told me about when you dropped the bluecor off
Jul 04, 2003, 08:49 AM
Mike, did you charge extra for dropping the F3 off ?? LOL ! You should have !!!
Jul 04, 2003, 11:09 AM
He should have He said that since I went through all the trouble of ordering it (probably took me 3 hours or so if you combined all the trips,) he would drive it over. What a great guy
Jul 04, 2003, 11:47 AM
Lol, you guys :shakinghead:
Jul 04, 2003, 10:26 PM
What can I say, our Lowes doesn't have you Seriously though, it is a nightmare to get stuff from our Lowes. No one knows what they are talking about except for the head honcho guy on duty, and he or she is always busy.
Jul 04, 2003, 11:12 PM
DLG Fan
Thread OP
I have seen a couple of gas powered gliders at the Chandler Bowl. They weren't noisey and certainly weren't a problem. I think it's a matter of the noise and as long as you aren't noisier than the heli and can keep the model in the confines of the 4 fields and away from the freeway, you should be fine.
Jul 04, 2003, 11:34 PM
I could easily fly within the confines of those fields, and it is really pretty darn quiet once I get it in the sky. I don't think I will have it out this Sunday, we are just breaking a new engine in on it, and it is disgustingly unreliable That's slimers for ya though
Jul 04, 2003, 11:34 PM
I could easily fly within the confines of those fields, and it is really pretty darn quiet once I get it in the sky. I don't think I will have it out this Sunday, we are just breaking a new engine in on it, and it is disgustingly unreliable That's slimers for ya though

Quick Reply