Jun 29, 2003, 09:49 PM
DLG Fan
Thread OP
RipnBurn:

I nosed the P-47 in a month back and it's still in the shop. It also needs the Mega brushless which has to be sent back to Mega Motors - so it'll be awhile before the P-47 hits the skies again!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 29, 2003, 10:25 PM
Lost my "Sparky" there this morning, I think it would be in our best interest during the weekends when the bowl is packed with parkflyers that we have some kind of freq monitor system, I had my girlfriend run
a verbal this morning of the flight line checking feqs and writting them down but someone teamed up on my 37 and drove my plane into the ground...Just a thought.
Jun 29, 2003, 10:33 PM
Hey MJP. We were all kinda bummed to see that happen. Do you really think it was a frequency problem. I know it was bazare but the only people flying was myself and Dan (Drivie.) What in the world happened??? send me a PM or email because I'm real curious. That plane (was???) is very nice.. You left so fast I didn't have a chance to inspect. Sorry to see it happen.. Good thing for safety reasons it wasn't that Heli..

Kenny....

EDIT... How close was that thing to my head by the way. LOL.. I heard the prop real close to my right ear..

Last edited by Rip-N-Burn; Jun 29, 2003 at 10:35 PM.
Jun 29, 2003, 11:56 PM
Burnin' holes in the sky!
Yah, I saw that go in It looked like just the firewall and landing gear broke away, hopefully it wasn't any worse than that. Just to get rid of any confusion, I was not on 37. When your girlfriend went around asking for our frequencies, (which I really appreciate) my dad blurted out 37, because my old transmitter was on channel 37, but it stopped passing range checks, so it is just sitting in the transmitter case at the house until we get the motivation to send it in and buy more crystals I agree with the frequency board, we could use the kind of board that they use up at EVA, with PVC pipes, wires, and clothespins. I have been thinking about that crash since I got home, and I was wondering if it could have been turbulent air caused by the wind blowing over the hill. It could be creating a kind of sideways vortex, making the plane sink and climb uncontrollably, as if you were experiencing interference. Not sure if any of you noticed, but when I launched my Tribute, I was worried about that, so I launched it from the bottom of the hill. BTW what were all of you flying, so I can put a face to the name. Good luck with the repair, Dan
Jun 30, 2003, 12:45 AM
I forgot to add in my last post, my Shrike might be out next Sunday, I have the fuse all built and covered, the wing built and covered, the motor mount built, the motor retimed, and motor/prop figured out (Zagi Speed 400 6V with a 5x5 carbon fiber Gunther prop.) Now I just have to figure out what battery and radio to use. This is a really fun build, and ought to be a lot of fun to build. Dan
Jun 30, 2003, 01:11 AM
ripnburn
You'r right, it did come close to you. I knew when I took off and it had a mind of it's own that this was going to be ugly. My intentions were to turn right out of your pattern and climb to an open altitude where I would be out of way. Once my gear lifted off it shot left then straight up and straight down right in front of you. I've been flying this thing for 6 months and to be honest with you it flys itself which was why this erratic manuver caught me off gaurd I ment to apologize for that but was more embarrased and perplexed than anything (my apologize none the less)....My girlfriend wants to rebuild the nose and use it for her trainer, sounds like a deal to me....BTW, your right about the Heli though....PS..Dan, not pointing fingers, just want everyone to be carefull and have fun...Later, Matt
Jul 01, 2003, 10:16 PM
Hmm, akward silence in here I think I am going to use some JR NES-331's, any objections?
Jul 01, 2003, 10:26 PM
De-Brushed user
I have everything i need to build the Shrike, except ProBond. Couldnt find it at Lowes, who else carrys it? Thanks, ill post pics to keep the thread alive when i start on the plane.
Jul 01, 2003, 10:29 PM
go back to Lowe's and get "Gorilla Glue" ~ same thing.
Jul 01, 2003, 10:33 PM
really any 100% polyurethane glue should work... right? Since you two are logged on now, do you think this servo will work nicely? I'll post the specs

Torque:
42.2 oz./in.

Speed:
.23 sec/60

Weight:
.63 oz.

Size:
50"x1.12"x1.17"

Motor:
3-Pole Ferrite

Uses:
Ideal in applications where size and weight are a concern (e.g. small planes, gliders, throttle, throttle mixture, air retracts...)

Thanks guys, I can't wait to go out and chase some cars with my Shrike
Jul 01, 2003, 10:37 PM
Weight sounds good to me. Anything lighter than a hs-81 which I managed to buy 3 of accidently...
Jul 01, 2003, 10:43 PM
But it weighs more...
Jul 01, 2003, 10:48 PM
Ahh just by a little bit, I was forgetting that this is going to be a fast plane on big batteries...been building too many light planes lately.... I would think that is you are going to run both ailerons off of it that it should be just fine. +/- .10 grams will make no difference.
Jul 01, 2003, 10:51 PM
Yaayyyy thanks I just wish I could get that faster transit speed, but I don't want to put too much more into this plane, as I am getting a Rappy 50 soon JR: Feel The Failure Dan
Jul 01, 2003, 10:58 PM
as in Heli ?? oooh, been there done that. sold.

Quick Reply