New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2003, 07:24 PM
Find More Posts by AZ_Astro
DLG Fan
And once you've built an AZ-Shrike and learned all these Bluecor building techniques, you'll be all set to build something like this:
Last edited by AZ_Astro; Jun 25, 2003 at 07:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2003, 07:25 PM
DLG Fan
... or this:
Old Jun 25, 2003, 07:27 PM
DLG Fan
... or this!
Old Jun 26, 2003, 02:15 AM
Find More Posts by SkyPyro
Burnin' holes in the sky!
Wow, nice planes AZ I went to Home Depot, but they had apparently gotten rid of Probond Instead, I found some PL Polyurethane glue on clearance for $2 in the same size as a $15 bottle of Gorilla Glue I've never used this goop before, and I'm wondering how much water/glue ratio you guys use? Also, does it just clean up with water? And, is there a good way to remove it once it dries? Thanks, Dan

BTW Think could bring some of those planes out next Sunday?
Old Jun 26, 2003, 08:12 AM
Find More Posts by MGoddard
ProBro 1634
The more water you use, the more foaming action you are going to get. As far as clean up, do mean before it dries or after ? Before it dries, just wipe with a towel several times. After, cut off or sand it.

I can't answer the last question, but those are some very nice looking planes. I'm willing to bet that the last one gets a little hard to see sometimes. Astro, whats the length and WS of the last one?
Old Jun 26, 2003, 09:13 AM
DLG Fan
The last one is a Bluecor version of the P-51 Python, plans by Mark Rittinger. Wingspan is 29" I believe. The plans are free. See:

http://rcgroups.com/links/index.php?...at=202&id=3682

For the PU glue, the ratio is probably something like 10-1 glue to water. I usually use just a few drops of water to go with an inch diameter pool of PU glue. I stir it all up until it gets a little creamy, then apply with a popsicle stick. Do a little testing on your own and err on the side of less water, not more.

Clean-up is pretty easy with polyurethane glue. Wipe it off with a paper towel when it's wet and cut it out with a hobby knife after it dries. It does sand well too. I really like the glue except for the longish set time.

P-47 is on the bench; fixing the motor mount. SE-5a is hanging in the garage; it never flew great. P-51 Python (foam version) is in pieces and retired but I have a balsa version which flies great and I'll likely have it with me in addition to the new AZ-Shrike.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 10:42 AM
Heres a better CAD file. Dan
Old Jun 26, 2003, 10:55 AM
Find More Posts by MGoddard
ProBro 1634
Thanks Astro !
Old Jun 28, 2003, 12:25 PM
My fuse is done, now I just need some carbon fiber Where did you guys get it? The place where I usually get my stuff, D and D Hobbies was out
Old Jun 28, 2003, 01:00 PM
DLG Fan
I'm pretty sure Adventure Hobbies has some behind their counter.

I got mine in bulk at:

http://www.citystar.com/hang-em-high...ARS+%2d+Carbon
Old Jun 28, 2003, 01:06 PM
Find More Posts by Cubby Boy
Lift is Good!
My local archery shop sells dinged up carbon fiber arrows for $1.

I stocked up!
Old Jun 29, 2003, 01:46 AM
Wow, Adventure has it? I have checked there before, without any luck. I got some carbon fiber pushrods that are about 1/4 inch, which I think should work. They are a little bit bigger than I think neccesary, but I want to get my Shrike in the air BTW what is you name, so I don't look like an idiot wandering around the Chandler Bowl shouting AZ Astro, where are you? I will have a yellow, white and orange Tribute with a Hacker in it. Just follow the plane torque rolling right on the deck Dan
Old Jun 29, 2003, 02:14 PM
DLG Fan
Jim here.

Must have missed you this morning. I was out there from 7-9 or so. Maybe next time...
Old Jun 29, 2003, 02:25 PM
Find More Posts by Rip-N-Burn
Ahhhhhhhh Jim, you holding out on us Sunday morning flyers????
Old Jun 29, 2003, 02:59 PM
Darn, we must have come right as you were leaving. My dad and I had a good time though, there was someone with a Fury Extreme, what a show I only got one flight in on my Tribute, as it started getting windy and everyone started leaving. Next time we will get an earlier start. I like that field a lot, except for the average wind direction is not an easy way to launch. See ya later, Dan