AZ-Shrike Bluecor Fan Fold Pylon Racer - Plans & Construction - Page 19 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 25, 2003, 06:24 PM
DLG Fan
And once you've built an AZ-Shrike and learned all these Bluecor building techniques, you'll be all set to build something like this:
Last edited by AZ_Astro; Jun 25, 2003 at 06:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2003, 06:25 PM
DLG Fan
... or this:
Jun 25, 2003, 06:27 PM
DLG Fan
... or this!
Jun 26, 2003, 01:15 AM
Burnin' holes in the sky!
Wow, nice planes AZ I went to Home Depot, but they had apparently gotten rid of Probond Instead, I found some PL Polyurethane glue on clearance for $2 in the same size as a $15 bottle of Gorilla Glue I've never used this goop before, and I'm wondering how much water/glue ratio you guys use? Also, does it just clean up with water? And, is there a good way to remove it once it dries? Thanks, Dan

BTW Think could bring some of those planes out next Sunday?
Jun 26, 2003, 07:12 AM
ProBro 1634
The more water you use, the more foaming action you are going to get. As far as clean up, do mean before it dries or after ? Before it dries, just wipe with a towel several times. After, cut off or sand it.

I can't answer the last question, but those are some very nice looking planes. I'm willing to bet that the last one gets a little hard to see sometimes. Astro, whats the length and WS of the last one?
Jun 26, 2003, 08:13 AM
DLG Fan
The last one is a Bluecor version of the P-51 Python, plans by Mark Rittinger. Wingspan is 29" I believe. The plans are free. See:

http://rcgroups.com/links/index.php?...at=202&id=3682

For the PU glue, the ratio is probably something like 10-1 glue to water. I usually use just a few drops of water to go with an inch diameter pool of PU glue. I stir it all up until it gets a little creamy, then apply with a popsicle stick. Do a little testing on your own and err on the side of less water, not more.

Clean-up is pretty easy with polyurethane glue. Wipe it off with a paper towel when it's wet and cut it out with a hobby knife after it dries. It does sand well too. I really like the glue except for the longish set time.

P-47 is on the bench; fixing the motor mount. SE-5a is hanging in the garage; it never flew great. P-51 Python (foam version) is in pieces and retired but I have a balsa version which flies great and I'll likely have it with me in addition to the new AZ-Shrike.
Jun 26, 2003, 09:42 AM
Heres a better CAD file. Dan
Jun 26, 2003, 09:55 AM
ProBro 1634
Thanks Astro !
Jun 28, 2003, 11:25 AM
My fuse is done, now I just need some carbon fiber Where did you guys get it? The place where I usually get my stuff, D and D Hobbies was out
Jun 28, 2003, 12:00 PM
DLG Fan
I'm pretty sure Adventure Hobbies has some behind their counter.

I got mine in bulk at:

http://www.citystar.com/hang-em-high...ARS+%2d+Carbon
Jun 28, 2003, 12:06 PM
Lift is Good!
My local archery shop sells dinged up carbon fiber arrows for $1.

I stocked up!
Jun 29, 2003, 12:46 AM
Wow, Adventure has it? I have checked there before, without any luck. I got some carbon fiber pushrods that are about 1/4 inch, which I think should work. They are a little bit bigger than I think neccesary, but I want to get my Shrike in the air BTW what is you name, so I don't look like an idiot wandering around the Chandler Bowl shouting AZ Astro, where are you? I will have a yellow, white and orange Tribute with a Hacker in it. Just follow the plane torque rolling right on the deck Dan
Jun 29, 2003, 01:14 PM
DLG Fan
Jim here.

Must have missed you this morning. I was out there from 7-9 or so. Maybe next time...
Jun 29, 2003, 01:25 PM
Ahhhhhhhh Jim, you holding out on us Sunday morning flyers????
Jun 29, 2003, 01:59 PM
Darn, we must have come right as you were leaving. My dad and I had a good time though, there was someone with a Fury Extreme, what a show I only got one flight in on my Tribute, as it started getting windy and everyone started leaving. Next time we will get an earlier start. I like that field a lot, except for the average wind direction is not an easy way to launch. See ya later, Dan