Jun 24, 2003, 05:13 PM
Burnin' holes in the sky!
Wow, every minute I push the refresh button, and another step appears Where did you get that spinner like in the first picture, it seems to fit this plane perfectly?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 24, 2003, 05:14 PM
DLG Fan
Thread OP
View from the front:

The wings on the prototype are super-straight and won't flex. This model has a more flexible spar and I think I'll be able to see some flex in the wings on a power dive. [EDIT: Nope, I didn't see any flex. AZ_Astro 6/25/03]
Last edited by AZ_Astro; Jun 25, 2003 at 01:20 PM.
Jun 24, 2003, 05:15 PM
DLG Fan
Thread OP
I slide the 8x600AE batteries underneath the electronics and then lay all the electronics on top. Work out how you are going to place your battery. These batteries are a tight fit. No velcro necessary here!

The 8x800 Nimh is smaller but I still don't worry about the batteries moving around at all.
Jun 24, 2003, 05:16 PM
DLG Fan
Thread OP
Pack the electronics around on top of the battery.
Jun 24, 2003, 05:17 PM
DLG Fan
Thread OP
... and close it up.

We're ready to go!
Jun 24, 2003, 05:20 PM
DLG Fan
Thread OP
Here she is with a Gunther (Zagi) prop. I'll maiden this baby in the next few days and provide a full flight report.

Launch instructions: If the weight is in the 16 oz area, you are going to be fine. Keep the wings level and give her a firm throw INTO THE WIND.
Jun 24, 2003, 05:35 PM
DLG Fan
Thread OP
SkyPyro: That's a standard spinner that fits on a prop adapter that accepts a threaded bolt on the front. The diameter is just over 1 1/2".

The AZ-Shrike really calls for a spinner. I'll have to get one.

See: Dubro Spinner 1-1/2" White at

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXE117&P=7
Last edited by AZ_Astro; Jun 24, 2003 at 05:44 PM.
Jun 24, 2003, 06:00 PM
try using to regular push pins on either side for the batt compartment..

or, get a control horn, piece pf balsa and a screw. use the screw to turn the latch (servo horn) with the balsa as a support.
Jun 24, 2003, 06:44 PM
Carl Goldberg Models makes a plastic hatch set, like on the Eagle 2. (I might be speaking a different language here, as it's a slimer) BTW got the wing and some other parts cut out, I can't wait to fly this
Jun 24, 2003, 09:53 PM
DLG Fan
Thread OP
Skypyro:

Do let me know when you're going to maiden your AZ-Shrike.

By the way, I fly down at the Chandler Bowl, SE of Ray and I-101. Not too far from you. Come out some Sat or Sun morning between 7:00 and 9:30 and fly with the gang.
Jun 24, 2003, 10:43 PM
I've been wanting to check the Chandler Bowl out, Fly4fun mentioned it to me. It may be a while until I finish my Shrike, as I just got the parts cut out. By the way, where did you get the Probond? I was going to just use epoxy and foam safe CA, but I'm curious what it is, and it sounds a lot lighter than epoxy. I will try to make it down to the Bowl this Sunday. What is required to fly there? I do have current AMA, but my badge was deemed totally unreadable when both parts of 5 minute epoxy melted out through their caps in my field box Man what a mess that was. Anyways, I do have a current EVA badge which I could use if you guys utilize a frequency chart, the badge also proves my AMA. Thanks, Dan
Jun 24, 2003, 11:01 PM
lowe's carries "Gorilla Glue" same as Elmers Probond. They are both a polyurethane wood glue. You can get probond at walmart
Jun 24, 2003, 11:11 PM
SkyPyro:

Home Depot also has ProBond.

Mike D
Jun 24, 2003, 11:29 PM
Ok, I'll pick some up from Home Depot, as there is one about 5 minutes from my house.
Jun 24, 2003, 11:49 PM
DLG Fan
Thread OP
Skypyro:

Just be sure to get the Elmers Probond Polyurethane glue. They have another Probond glue that looks similar but is NOT what you want.

The Chandler Bowl is entirely unofficial and informal, but we have a strong bunch of park flyers now and we all check in with each other before flying. We all fly from the same slope on the north side of the field.

To get there from Gilbert, take Chandler Blvd west to I-101. Take the access road north but don't get on the freeway. About halfway up the road before Ray Rd you'll see four soccer fields on the right. Turn right and you're there. Hope to see you there. I'll have the new AZ-Shrike flying I'm sure.

Quick Reply