This thread is privately moderated by jbc, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 31, 2010, 09:43 AM
jbc
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Thread OP
Discussion

AXN Floater jet By HobbyKing

The 2nd plane which I got to move up from the Moth I said to myself had to have ailerons but yet still be easy to fly. I ended up getting the AXN Clouds Fly Floater from HobbyKing which comes with a 2100kv bell motor, 20A esc and 5x5 sport prop. Basically just threw in my rx and batt and was flying.
I CANNOT PRAISE THIS PLANE ENOUGH!!! 10/10 This thing is awesome, easy to fly for beginners but after a few simple mods is still fun enough for a more experienced pilot and its a great plane to warm the thumbs up with

Since having it I've done the following mods:

Set all throws to max
Bigger esc from stock 20A to new 25A
Prop from stock 5x5 17A to APC 5.5x4.5 19A much better performance for only 2A gain
Various stickers and paint
The only downside to this plane was that some of the magnets on the motor came loose which I had to re-glue but after some research found out that this is a common problem.

Honestly this plane is great great great, if you are looking for a first aileron plane or want to recommend something to a beginner then you can't go past this. I have flown both the SuperCub and EasyStar and this plane is better than both of them and even takes to hard landings very well due to the type of foam used and top motor mount(much better than the SuperCub) You can fly it slow or fast, glide it, whatever..and you get easy 20-30min flight times with a 2200 3s put up into the nose(you have to cut a teeny bit of foam to make it fit)which makes it balance perfectly. Since I bought mine I know of 3 other people that have gotten into the hobby and bought this plane based on seeing mine and my recommendation, they are all VERY happy with it
Last edited by jbc; Jul 27, 2010 at 10:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 02, 2010, 07:52 PM
Got one in customs myself with two 1300 mAh batteries. Maybe hook them in parallel for super-long flight times. We'll see.... How do the wings fit together?
Feb 02, 2010, 08:54 PM
jbc
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Thread OP
There is a carbon spar that goes through the middle of them and they simply press together into the fuselage. I then foamsafe glue and hotglued my to the fuselage for extra strength. It's probably a little overkill but I like to throw it around and I noticed in the beginning after doing so the wings would slowly begin to work their way out until I glued em, now no problems
Honestly your gonna love how versatile this plane is
Feb 04, 2012, 12:29 PM
I would like to buy the AXN Cloud Fly Floater but cannot find a store that stocks it. I saw it in Hobby King, but it says it must come from the US what a joke as the price is over $116.00.

Any help would be great...
Feb 04, 2012, 12:40 PM
jbc
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Thread OP
I just checked Hobbyking and they're stocking the PNP and ARF kits in their China/international warehouse https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...2FTrainer.html also lowpricerc stock the ARF kit http://www.lowpricerc.com/product_in...-jet-epo-p-749
Feb 04, 2012, 01:24 PM
Cheers mate. One more question; do you know what the freight time is from Hong Kong (as a rule)?

Thank you for the fast reply, I'm in Adelaide too so I might bug you for any good flying spots in the future...

Thanks again.
Feb 04, 2012, 01:49 PM
jbc
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Thread OP
No worries, I find it's usually around 1-2 weeks from Hong Kong as long as it's in stock.
Feb 06, 2012, 02:17 AM
Cheers mate I managed to order one today and they say about a week, but we'll see... Appreciate your help and no doubt I will pick your brain more as time goes by.
Apr 14, 2012, 04:19 AM

Got it - Wrecked It - Got Another Two - Love Them!

Hi all,

Been a while since I posted here, but what a great time I've had!

This is as fantastic as any plane could be (for a beginner). I spend a few flights trying to get the damned thing flying without resembling a roller coaster, then I got an experienced pilot to trim it in and va-va-voom flying for fun...

I basically smashed and crashed the first one at least 20 times and despite some serious structural breaks, hot glue, CA and fibre tape (with a tongue depressor or two) and we were off and at it again.

Only four weeks after first taking to the air I am doing rolls, loops, half cuban eights and all sorts of other stuff. This is a great plane for confidence building (even if I am using DR and Expo)

I bought some 'spares' in case the line runs out and I have customised one for my next challenge - learning FPV!

Here are some pictures of my intended FPV platform, now all I need to decide is which Fatshark unit to get, the Dominator or the Predator

I used a Dualsky 45A ESC and will probably put another motor in, someone recommended a Scorpion I would like some suggestions please as I have no idea how the motor formula works (my next challenge in this arena).

Here is my video of the first flights with no DR/Expo and then with - massive difference!!!

Beginner Flights - From Crashes to Stunts (8 min 8 sec)

Hallmark
Last edited by Hallmark; Apr 14, 2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: New information

Quick Reply