May 17, 2003, 03:01 PM
Love gliders & speed !
Thread OP

A 3.3m F3J electric glider (F5J) reviewed

Hi guys,
you might want to check the website www.planet-soaring.com there is a review from my Airtech Sun glider i wrote some of you might find interesting.
guillaume

Link fixed by Mod Ric Duley (thanks, Dave, for pointing that out!)
Last edited by Mauilvr; May 17, 2003 at 07:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2003, 06:01 PM
Motorless Wing Nut
You need to remove the comma from the link.

Dave
May 17, 2003, 09:51 PM
Tragic case
Hi Guillame I enjoyed reading your review. You are doing well to land such a big plane at your feet. The elios 25 actually sounds a bit small for plane of such weight.
May 19, 2003, 12:04 AM

I have a Sun and I'm using

Hacker 50 with 14 cp2400's. Haven't weighed mine yet, but its heavyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Stan in Ar
May 19, 2003, 12:10 AM
Almost a Pilot
Wecome to RC Groups, Stan!
It's good to see your log-in problems are resolved.
May 19, 2003, 05:33 AM
Love gliders & speed !
Thread OP
Hi,
thank you Ric for removing the comma.
Stan,i saw your post on the website,if you look at the whole review,you'll find out that the All Up Weight is at the end...and it is 2.81 Kg,which is quite light really.
the reason why yours will be heavy is because you are using RC2400 cells,i use the CP1600 when i want to thermal.much lighter.i would advise you reconsidering the choice of cells.maybe you could go for the new 2100 NiMh,which are the same weight and size as the CP1600,i have some on the way but have not seen them yet.
David,
the Elios might sound a small motor weighing at 150gr,but it works very well in this set up.
i think Electronic Model doesn't do it anymore,i gtot mine last July....just before the new motors come out. i estimate i am pulling just above 40amps,and the climb is very nice.
it is not crazy,but hey,it goes up and stays there!!you don't need to go up and down all the time like a Hotliner...
Anyway Stan,the Sun is told to thermal very well even a bit heavy....
guillaume
Jun 17, 2008, 02:04 AM
Electric Airplane Junkie
I don't how you guys found the review, took me a while to locate it,
http://pierre.rondel.free.fr/images/sun/index.htm

Brian, an EAJ

Quick Reply