New Youpi yacht (europe) - RC Groups
Jan 27, 2010, 08:15 AM
cni
cni
Discussion

New Youpi yacht (europe)

Hello,

You remember ? I'm french yacht builder of the kit "Youpi" (now is a kit !!!), it's a smale classic yacht. Y'our welcome on my smale blog but sorry i speack english... "Like you see".

http://voiliers-classiques-rc.voile-rc.net

Recents pictures of Youpi'race :

[IMG][/IMG]

And video on the blog... Well... Thanks and good building !

Regards,

Dominique/CNI
to remove ads between posts
Jan 27, 2010, 11:35 AM
Welcome Dominique. You have a lovely yacht there. You should translate to english and try to sell some here( USA)! I am sure that some sailors would like them. Which boat is it based on? It looks like the early 6 or 8 meter design? The measurements are easy to translate, but I do not see how many kilos. How much would just a hull with plans be to ship here or England or Australia? Keep posting how your company is doing. Best Wishes!
Jan 27, 2010, 12:04 PM
Damp and Dizzy member
Very pretty yachts. With the classic gaff rig, you might get some interest over on the Scale Sailboats forum, too.
Jan 27, 2010, 01:38 PM
Useful Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967250s
...but I do not see how many kilos....Best Wishes!
Displacement 2.350 kg (about 5 lb 3 oz) from his blog.
Jan 28, 2010, 12:21 AM
Nice Yacht, nice Website
Jan 28, 2010, 04:23 PM
WOW great looking boats!
Jan 28, 2010, 10:48 PM
Useful Idiot
It looks as though there's a British intruder who didn't see the "Tenez la Droite" signs
Jan 29, 2010, 05:29 AM
cni
cni
Hi !

Thanks for your reply ! The "Youpi" is not based upon 6 or 8 meter, is a personnal design. Leng : 0,9 meter. In france, the Youpi is a new design and maby, it's a new monotype for modelyacht federation.

The hull is in polyester, and the mast and other parts is in wood. Youpist'man is in portugal, belgium, swisserland... And maby in australian or england ?

For the price, it's depending of the degree of finition. You can buy only the hull for 100 euros, the kit for 290 euros... Etc. For the shipping coost it's 20 euros i hope, for international transport.

So, thank's for your comment and... Sorry for my english :-)))) But the picture speack right... Off course :

This pictures are shooting in the north of France, at 200 milles (?) of the "tour eiffel" :-)
Mar 23, 2017, 02:48 PM
Basil

Tranlator candidate for the Youpi

Hello,

I'm a bilingual member of the Club Nautique du Luco in Paris.

I've seen and admired the Youpi that sails with our club, but I've never met its owner.

If I can help by producing English text for the Youpi's publicity, please let me know. You can contact me at basil@sfr.fr
Mar 23, 2017, 02:54 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Nice website here, translates by Google to English pretty well
http://dominiquetourte.wixsite.com/youpi
Mar 25, 2017, 08:58 AM
Modeler/ Historian
I want one!
Mar 25, 2017, 03:53 PM

Youpi documentation in English

I considered buying this boat back in November of 2013 so I ran Google translator on the WEB site and I have the build instructions with pictures in Word and pdf format. I have several files so I'd have to go back and sort them out, The English is a little rough, but easy enough to follow with the pictures. I haven't checked to see if there have been any changes to the original instruction. The kit maker could probably tell you. I decided not to get the boat due to the cost and other family issues I was dealing with.
If anyone's is interested I could probably put the pdf files on this site, the Word files are probably to big.
Jim
Mar 25, 2017, 08:32 PM
Hey jimhurley

Since you already did the leg work and translation from Google ... would help others if you could post the PDF files at least ...

You could CONVERT the "WORD" files into PDFs ... then post here for others to use
Mar 28, 2017, 09:36 AM
Modeler/ Historian
I looked up the website and, though I don't speak French, it looks like the kit is $495. Is this correct? If so it looks like a real bargain.
Mar 29, 2017, 05:11 PM

Youpi File in English

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo.ca6
Hey jimhurley

Since you already did the leg work and translation from Google ... would help others if you could post the PDF files at least ...

You could CONVERT the "WORD" files into PDFs ... then post here for others to use
I tried, but the file is too big. There are some duplicate pages in it, but I don't think removing them will solve the pdf file is over 5gb and the limit is 3gb.
If you are really interested you can pm me with you email address and I'll send it to you, I did this for another person.
I may try to remove the duplicate pages and cut it in half, but it is not at the top of my to do list.