May 16, 2003, 03:49 PM
Wof
Wof
Thread OP

MF 480 Mirage 2000

I have looked for a new challenge my first choice was a BAE Hawk,second F16 not many plans around for these (free downloads) so here we go.
A Mirage 2000 the plans are for a 91DF oily thing so resize, redraw now a MF480EDF slowly springs to life and with my building speed i meen slow.
to remove ads between posts
May 16, 2003, 03:56 PM
Wof
Wof
Thread OP
How can you stick such a mess making lump of aluminium inside a lovely fuse ?
May 16, 2003, 04:02 PM
I use 8-32 bolts and blind nuts
May 16, 2003, 04:06 PM
Wof
Wof
Thread OP
Like it, and grease proof liners Scotty
May 16, 2003, 04:10 PM
Wof
Wof
Thread OP
3 views would be good anyone ?
May 16, 2003, 05:10 PM
EDF rules... :)
Hi WOF,

Here is a Mirrage III 3-view I found a few months back.

Eric B.
May 16, 2003, 05:39 PM
Mark, you might like to try:
www.airwar.ru
Plenty of drawings there,you might find the 2000B there.
What about the F-14?
May 17, 2003, 04:52 PM
Wof
Wof
Thread OP
Yeah baby
May 17, 2003, 05:02 PM
Wof
Wof
Thread OP
Matt F14 is still on the board yours?
May 18, 2003, 02:50 PM
Wof
Wof
Thread OP
Airx thanks for the three views saved those.
Matt thanks for the link (Mark 14 planes on the go)
For the first time in a long time had some spare time cut out some bits,they will change the original was for a 91 OS DF so shrunk and change as i build.
May 18, 2003, 04:42 PM
Coming along,looks good.What motor in the system you planning to use?
Let me know when you are going flying next.
Matt
May 18, 2003, 11:19 PM
smug in granny panties
looks good. One tip I would give is to plan to make the wing a seperat part, not detachable but seperate, cause I think you will find the C/G landing really close to where the front of a fan would be. This has been my experiance on DF and Prop Mirages. With the battery in the prop jobs not being in the motor's way but definatly not as much in the nose as one would think. I,m actually working on a big Mirage right now that I plan tyo test really soon that's for a 90mm fan that I had a hell of a time with cells wanting to collide with intake former's. I ended up with basically a long battery area running from back of canopy to well behind, but underneath, the fan. I'll post a pic of it tonight, it's really big.
May 19, 2003, 01:59 AM
Wof
Wof
Thread OP
Matt just rejoined Canewdon must get down there soon,an have joined a new local club that opens 31st May,Two Tree Island sounds like all the politics are back may not bother there again, will be down the sea front this weekend airshow time.

Monkamarm 2000 noted what you have said look forward to the pictures,it started of as a MF480 size but now its coming together it may be the next one up, i will need to get some fan info from Wemotec.
May 19, 2003, 02:19 AM
smug in granny panties
thats what mine is. it's a midi fan. but I have to admit 609 may be a better suited size cause at midi size the intake and tail pipe get quite large when keeping in scale. not 100 percent scale mind you but scale enough to look like a mirage

Barry
May 19, 2003, 02:44 AM
smug in granny panties

Mirage

Here's the 90mm Mirage. This is in development for RT Models. It is an enlarged version of the Mini Fan size Mirage. In being scaled up it had major growing pains. I had to redo pretty much everything on it. It's just waiting for test flight right now then I can do revisions on formers and such then RT can put it out. It should be a pretty cool plane when it's done. It's pretty good size but yet it's very light. AUW is 56oz and next time around with foam instead of built up wing should be even lighter. Almost forgot I'm running a Midi and a Mega 22/20/3 on CP1700's and right around 40 something ouces of thrust.

Barry
Last edited by monkamarm2000; May 19, 2003 at 02:48 AM.

Quick Reply