Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:48 AM
ORANATOR is offline
Find More Posts by ORANATOR
Slope Stud
ORANATOR's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz View Post
Oh really... My wife is a middle school librarian and we have lots of friends that are teachers. If you think teachers are not very well compensated you need to another look.
I am married to a teacher and not a librarian and I thnk you should take another look.

What other industry make there employees pay for there own continuing education.
6 years of college and start at 26,000 per year. That may be ok up there near the thumb but not here on the the coast.

Oranator
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:49 AM
rimshotcopter is offline
Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Registered User
rimshotcopter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz View Post
Oh really... My wife is a middle school librarian and we have lots of friends that are teachers. If you think teachers are not very well compensated you need to another look.
Well, my daughter is a teacher and my wife works for a school district so we will have to agree to disagree.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:56 AM
Mr. Wiz is offline
Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Time for me to Fly...
Mr. Wiz's Avatar
Well If you think 50-80K per year isn't good money then I guess you and I will have to agree to disagree. Of course, the teachers don't start there but they work their way up from about 28K to those levels in a fairly short time.

We need to keep one thing in mind guys. What your state pays it's teachers in comparison to your cost of living may be significantly different than mine. I know the figures I quoted above are accurate and very generous here in the state of Michigan.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:56 AM
madsci_guy is online now
Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
http://teacherportal.com/teacher-salaries-by-state
Quote:
State Starting Salary Average Salary 10-year increase Salary Comfort Index
California $35,760 $59,825 41.6% 44
Connecticut $39,259 $59,304 18.0% 22
Illinois $37,500 $58,686 43.4% 1
New Jersey $38,408 $58,156 19.3% 36
New York $37,321 $57,354 19.2% 38
Massachusetts $35,421 $56,369 35.0% 34
Michigan $35,557 $54,739 16.9% 4
Rhode Island $33,815 $54,730 31.0% 42
Maryland $37,125 $54,333 32.0% 37
Delaware $35,854 $54,264 33.9% 2
Pennsylvania $34,976 $54,027 17.2% 5
Alaska $38,657 $53,553 7.9% 30
Ohio $33,671 $50,314 33.0% 6
Oregon $33,699 $50,044 26.0% 14
Hawaii $35,816 $49,292 37.7% 50
Minnesota $31,532 $48,489 31.3% 10
Georgia $34,442 $48,300 42.1% 3
Indiana $30,844 $47,255 25.4% 8
Vermont $26,461 $46,622 28.5% 49
Wisconsin $25,222 $46,390 21.5% 28
Washington $30,974 $46,326 22.4% 32
New Hampshire $28,279 $45,263 26.5% 48
Arizona $30,404 $44,672 37.5% 35
Colorado $35,086 $44,439 25.7% 12
Nevada $27,957 $44,426 22.8% 45
North Carolina $27,944 $43,922 44.4% 23
Virginia $33,200 $43,823 26.0% 25
Florida $33,427 $43,302 29.9% 26
Wyoming $31,481 $43,255 37.0% 27
South Carolina $28,568 $43,011 36.0% 24
Arkansas $28,784 $42,768 44.8% 11
Kentucky $30,619 $42,592 28.8% 15
Tennessee $32,369 $42,537 28.4% 9
Texas $33,775 $41,744 32.9% 7
New Mexico $33,730 $41,637 43.2% 29
Kansas $27,840 $41,467 28.1% 21
Idaho $27,500 $41,150 33.2% 33
Iowa $27,284 $41,083 26.9% 31
Maine $26,643 $40,737 23.9% 47
Mississippi $28,200 $40,576 46.5% 19
Missouri $29,281 $40,462 25.2% 16
Nebraska $29,303 $40,382 28.2% 17
Alabama $31,368 $40,347 28.9% 13
Louisiana $31,298 $40,029 45.4% 20
Utah $26,521 $40,007 30.8% 39
Montana $25,318 $39,832 35.6% 46
Oklahoma $29,174 $38,772 36.5% 18
West Virginia $26,704 $38,284 19.1% 40
North Dakota $24,872 $37,764 40.0% 43
South Dakota $26,111 $34,709 31.7% 41
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:57 AM
rimshotcopter is offline
Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Registered User
rimshotcopter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz View Post
Well If you think 50-80K per year isn't good money then you and I well have to agree to disagree.
Well, my wife is part of the Administrative Staff and she doesn't make 80K, so yes, we have to agree to disagree.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:02 PM
Mr. Wiz is offline
Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Time for me to Fly...
Mr. Wiz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendrichie View Post
Well, my wife is part of the Administrative Staff and she doesn't make 80K, so yes, we have to agree to disagree.
That's fine... How much does your superintendent make? In our area it hovers around 200k with many making significantly more.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:05 PM
rimshotcopter is offline
Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Registered User
rimshotcopter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz View Post
That's fine... How much does your superintendent make? In our area it hovers around 200k with many making significantly more.
How much does a Wall Street Banker makes?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:09 PM
Mr. Wiz is offline
Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Time for me to Fly...
Mr. Wiz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendrichie View Post
How much does a Wall Street Banker makes?
What does that have to do with anything? Does a wall street banker get his money from my taxes without having any accountability for his performance?

When he does we can maybe make a valid comparison between the two, but just so you know. I'm no champion for those on Wall Street. I think their shenanigans are a big part of the economy problems we are experiencing now.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:22 PM
madsci_guy is online now
Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Figure Nine Champ
madsci_guy's Avatar
Back to our show.

Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:23 PM
rimshotcopter is offline
Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Registered User
rimshotcopter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz View Post
What does that have to do with anything? Does a wall street banker get his money from my taxes without having any accountability for his performance?

When he does we can maybe make a valid comparison between the two, but just so you know. I'm no champion for those on Wall Street. I think their shenanigans are a big part of the economy problems we are experiencing now.
Yea, it is called BAILOUTS.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:25 PM
Real Ira is offline
Find More Posts by Real Ira
Not THAT Ira
Real Ira's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
Back to our show.

Good one.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:27 PM
SKYPILEIT is offline
Find More Posts by SKYPILEIT
Deplorable Patriot
SKYPILEIT's Avatar
..yea,let's go back to political HUMOR..!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:29 PM
rimshotcopter is offline
Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Registered User
rimshotcopter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
Back to our show.

YEAP, I live this one also. Great illustration!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:30 PM
Mr. Wiz is offline
Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Time for me to Fly...
Mr. Wiz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendrichie View Post
Yea, it is called BAILOUTS.
I see and so because of that you think it's OK for everyone else to make cuts and tighten their belts so that the teachers can be insulated against the effects of the largest economic melt down since the great depression.

The rest of us however see the situation for what it is. The budgets ARE getting cut out of necessity. People are willingly making concessions all over the place. So far, the teachers have dug in their heels and have not. When time comes and those contracts are up for re-negotiations, the rest of us will remember that.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:33 PM
rimshotcopter is offline
Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Registered User
rimshotcopter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz View Post
I see and so because of that you think it's OK for everyone else to make cuts and tighten their belts so that the teachers can be insulated against the effects of the largest economic melt down since the great depression.

The rest of us however see the situation for what it is. The budgets ARE getting cut out of necessity. People are willingly making concessions all over the place. So far, the teachers have dug in their heels and have not. When time comes and those contracts are up for re-negotiations, the rest of us will remember that.
Back to Political Humor, LOL


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion The week in cartoons... cobalt Life, The Universe, and Politics 2 Oct 24, 2009 03:37 AM
Yippee! Time for some jokes/cartoons ?! userrc Micro Helis 2 Aug 29, 2008 06:47 PM
Discussion So...normal political cartoons or sarge Life, The Universe, and Politics 12 Aug 01, 2008 04:01 PM
Discussion Don't you just love political cartoons? Mr. Wiz Life, The Universe, and Politics 2 Oct 02, 2006 12:19 PM
The problem with political jokes Up&Away Humor 0 Aug 12, 2003 01:45 AM