Real C-30 with 2 blades rotor - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jan 25, 2010, 11:28 AM
Discussion

Real C-30 with 2 blades rotor

I've found this interesting picture of rotor and landing gears new design on a Avro C-30.
Jérôme
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2010, 03:43 PM

Avro C-30

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronrouge
I've found this interesting picture of rotor and landing gears new design on a Avro C-30.
Jérôme
Hello!

Great picture.

I was thinking that what that brave testpilot has in his mind at that flight...

Have you a any clue what year that picture was taken?

Very interesting hub-mechamism they use. Hide in...

I wish i was some time traveller and i can go to back to the past and make some questions

Thank you for posting this picture!

Best regards

Still in autorotation with so many question....

Kari
Jan 25, 2010, 11:22 PM
Closed Account

Avro Rota G-ACWF information.

Hi Guys,

Here is the explanation of the origins of your picture, from this wiki link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cierva_C.30

"Between 1933 and 1936, Cievra used one C.30A (G-ACWF) to perfect his last contribution to autogyro development before his death in a DC-2 (fixed wing) crash in late 1936. To enable the aircraft to take off without forward ground travel, he produced the "Autodynamic" rotor head, which allowed the rotor to be spun up by the engine in the usual way but to higher than take-off r.p.m at zero rotor incidence and then to reach operational positive pitch suddenly enough to jump some 20 ft (6 m) upwards."

The Pilot was probably thinking.. " I hope it's Chips for tea tonight"
I have been unable to locate any pictures for the very interesting quote,
"At least one of the RAF C.30As was in January 1935 on floats as a Sea Rota"

Regards to all, Al
Jan 26, 2010, 03:20 AM
OK, This head seems to be for testing (If I have understood all...) jump take-off, for the next new C-40 Cierva.
The interesting too in the picture is the added rudder control, with classic rudder. The stock C-30 has a fixed rudder with just a tab.
Here is a picture of the C-40.
Regards,
Jérôme (always interested by scale autogyros...)
Feb 05, 2010, 01:48 PM
We are employed at the costruccion of the Pitcairn PA-19 and do not find a lot of information, someone can provide us triptico with model, etc.
Last edited by topota8; Feb 05, 2010 at 01:52 PM. Reason: insertar imagen
Feb 05, 2010, 03:10 PM
Hi,
Are you from the Autogyro castellon's club?
Your building is very impressive, as is your machined aluminium head and engine prerotator.
Good luck.
Jérôme
Feb 05, 2010, 03:41 PM
Is it a PA 19?
Feb 10, 2010, 01:10 AM
O.K. I help in what can to autogiros castellon, they looking for on this model and do not find a lot of thing the well is to contact with somebody that has a book or some magazine where this model.
May 10, 2018, 06:00 PM

G-ACWF livery

Hi guys,
I want to build a scale model upon G-CAWF so I am interested in which color the fuselage was
Can someone help me in this issue?
Many thanks

Quick Reply