This thread is privately moderated by rab, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 24, 2010, 11:31 PM
rab
rab
Muddle on
Thread OP
Discussion

More building than flying

It is that time of year. I've mostly finished putting the HK450 back together. But while setting up the collective I noticed that the pitch servo has a gear issue, it jumps a bit at one spot.

I decided to turn a holiday gift certificate into a parkzone su26. I've flown it twice, it does what I wanted it to. I hear some beeping I'll have to search for what that means, and since I broke a prop on the first flight I am sure I'll need more. I have it in my head that I want to change it's colors, but it would be foolish to add any measurable weight...

I've made a superslofly 28. I made it with 9mm 1.9 weight EPP. I am thinking that lighter would be to my liking so I'll see what I can do.

My poor DR1 has been languishing with broken landing gear, I'm feeling an urge to get it back together. I am also thinking that I should build a replacement using the techniques from my QED build and being a bit more careful about weight. Because again I'd like to see it able to slow down a little more.

- Allen
Last edited by rab; Jan 24, 2010 at 11:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply