Stinson Reliant in 1:9 Scale - RC Groups
to remove ads between posts
Jan 22, 2010, 08:13 AM

Framing the Wing

Wing construction began with locating and laying out the parts. Though everything generally fit well, there were several parts changes needed to correct oversites in laying out the parts. Again, the corrections have been made, so the socont panel should go much more smoothly.
Jan 22, 2010, 08:26 AM

Moving On To the Aileron

The aileron parts were laid out over the plan, again revealing the need for a couple minor adjustments. Will post up today's progress a little later.

PAT
Jan 22, 2010, 08:38 AM
OK Pat, this is a must have!!! Can I get one in time for build off #3?

Dale
Jan 22, 2010, 11:05 AM
I'm nominating you for sainthood, hope you are a believer. Is it going to be a flat panel windshield with rocker box bumps with SR-9 option or vice versa? I think Stinson offered windshield options even on later models like SR-10. You wil be surprised how effective the ailerons are but it will turn nicely on rudder. Anxious to see how slowly and softly it lands with those flaps. I see mine as dark Stinson Green with cream trim and wing numbers. Will Callie be supplying trim decals?
Jan 22, 2010, 12:59 PM
Pat, as you mentioned in your other thread this could be one of the most challenging wings you have ever done...........I don't believe it, you make it look way too easy. It just looks awesome!!

Trey
Jan 22, 2010, 02:43 PM
Pat,
What's the wingspan going to be?
Jan 22, 2010, 05:44 PM
Garry Owen!
I really like the scale rib count Pat. Now which one do I buy next the Tripacer or Reliant? I guess I'll have to get both again.
Jan 22, 2010, 06:19 PM
It flew once before...
Pat ,

This is sweet ! Got my paint scheme all picked out

-John
Jan 22, 2010, 06:20 PM
It flew once before...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascolta
OK Pat, this is a must have!!! Can I get one in time for build off #3?

Dale
Dale at the pace Pat builds , you should have it with plenty of time to spare !

-John
Jan 22, 2010, 07:02 PM
Pat

This one is really exciting. There is something about the shape of that wing that really gets the creative juices flowing - and I know the fuselage will be the same. I will hope to get my order in the day they become available. I notice the spars have little scallops between the ribs. This is a new touch. Did you do it so the spars don't show when it is covered? It will eliminate the need to sand off the laser cutting char in that area so I wondered if that is the reason. Very nice job -I can't wait.

Gerry
Jan 22, 2010, 07:11 PM
I eat glue
A lot of Pat's designs have the scalloped spars, makes the covering sag like it's suppose to.