Jan 21, 2010, 11:19 AM
Tuc
Tuc
Thread OP
Discussion

SanHuan 6023 or Syma S107 ?

Hi !

After planes, I want to start to play with helis
As a beginner, and because I want to fly at home, I selected 2 3CH (with gyro) helicopters under $30 to start my training.
But I don't know witch one to choose...

First, the SanHuan 6023 (SH6023), bigger than the 115mm 6025 (but still small (182mm, rotor 175mm) :

Details here :http://www.rc-fever.com/sanhuan-copt...ue-p-9982.html

Second, the Syma S107 (length : 200m, main rotor : 190mm)

Details here :http://www.rc-fever.com/syma-s107-3c...d-p-10063.html

Witch one is the best ???

Thanks a lot !

Tuc
Last edited by Tuc; Jan 21, 2010 at 12:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 21, 2010, 06:12 PM
Master Chief
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuc
Hi !

After planes, I want to start to play with helis
As a beginner, and because I want to fly at home, I selected 2 3CH (with gyro) helicopters under $30 to start my training.
But I don't know witch one to choose...

First, the SanHuan 6023 (SH6023), bigger than the 115mm 6025 (but still small (182mm, rotor 175mm) :

Details here :http://www.rc-fever.com/sanhuan-copt...ue-p-9982.html

Second, the Syma S107 (length : 200m, main rotor : 190mm)

Details here :http://www.rc-fever.com/syma-s107-3c...d-p-10063.html

Witch one is the best ???

Thanks a lot !

Tuc
Hi Tuc
Niether one is better over the other
You will have fun which ever one you decide to get
Take care
Hank
Jan 21, 2010, 06:31 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
I would go with the First, the SanHuan 6023 (SH6023), bigger than the 115mm 6025 (but still small (182mm, rotor 175mm).

This one is the same but cheaper for about $26 US with shipping included. I have ordered 2 of these one with the gyro and one without. The only reason I ordered the one without the gyro was a mistake on my part. They are both identical but one gyro one flies better. He also sells parts and is a fast shipper.

I have ordered quite a bit of stuff from there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GYRO-Metal-Remot...item3efbe5451f
Last edited by frieslander; Jan 21, 2010 at 07:44 PM.
Jan 22, 2010, 04:22 AM
Tuc
Tuc
Thread OP
Thanks for your answers.
Shin, I know these are almost the same...it's the reason why it's difficult to choose!
Frieslander, the 6023 is an upgrade of the on you bought, the 6020. The 6023 must be better.

I founded great videos of the S107 on Youtube:
Syma S107 Test Flight (0 min 47 sec)

Syma S107 Test Flight 3b (ZOMBiE Flying, Ricket Video Recording) (0 min 44 sec)

I didn't found 6023 videos, but 6020 videos :
HeliPal.com - Swift X-Power Micro Helicopter (4 min 43 sec)

The 6020 seems to be less stable than the S107, no ?

Best prices found (Worldwide shipping cost included):
6023 : $23.70 (http://www.focalprice.com/YE058L/SH6...pter_Blue.html)
S107 : $28.57 (http://www.focalprice.com/YE038Y/S10...oy_Yellow.html)

Waiting for other precious answers,
Thanks again

Tuc
Jan 22, 2010, 10:21 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuc
Thanks for your answers.
Shin, I know these are almost the same...it's the reason why it's difficult to choose!
Frieslander, the 6023 is an upgrade of the on you bought, the 6020. The 6023 must be better.

The 6020 seems to be less stable than the S107, no ?

Best prices found (Worldwide shipping cost included):
6023 : $23.70 (http://www.focalprice.com/YE058L/SH6...pter_Blue.html)
S107 : $28.57 (http://www.focalprice.com/YE038Y/S10...oy_Yellow.html)

Waiting for other precious answers,
Thanks again

Tuc
Both helicopters seem equally stable, the one flyer seems to have more contorl because of experience.

There are 2 models of the 6020; the 6020 with NO gyro and 6020-1 WITH a gyro.

The 6023 is identical to the 6020-1 I linked to except the colour is light blue. Read the specs and descriptions carefully and you will agree.

The most IMPORTANT difference between my link and your links is that your links do not show spare parts or blades. Spare parts availibility is the biggest consideration when bying one of these little helis. What good are they if after one bad crash one has to throw it in the garbage. Spare parts should be available from the SAME supplier to ensure they will fir your heli.

My link not only shows spare parts at the bottom but also shows an upgraded battery is avaialble.

The decision is yours but be careful and make sure you CAN get spare parts, trust me.
Jan 22, 2010, 10:53 AM
Tuc
Tuc
Thread OP
Replacement parts for the S107 are also available :
http://www.enjoyhobbies.biz/rc-helis-parts/syma-s107

The 6023 is really new and different:
From RC-Fever :

"New Version of MAX-Z Swift, Copter 6023 Hawk X Ray! Very Stable!
This is the new version of the Copter MAX-Z Swift 3-channel R/C helicopter with built-in Gyro. Much more stable than the previous version"

6020 vs 6023

Length: 195mm vs 182mm
Width: 45mmvs 42mm
Height: 95mm vs 100mm
Main Rotor Diameter: 173mm vs 175mm

If it's really better than the previous version, it may be an interresting choice!
Jan 22, 2010, 11:23 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuc
Replacement parts for the S107 are also available :
http://www.enjoyhobbies.biz/rc-helis-parts/syma-s107

The 6023 is really new and different:
From RC-Fever :

"New Version of MAX-Z Swift, Copter 6023 Hawk X Ray! Very Stable!
This is the new version of the Copter MAX-Z Swift 3-channel R/C helicopter with built-in Gyro. Much more stable than the previous version"

6020 vs 6023

Length: 195mm vs 182mm
Width: 45mmvs 42mm
Height: 95mm vs 100mm
Main Rotor Diameter: 173mm vs 175mm

If it's really better than the previous version, it may be an interresting choice!
Again you are not understanding what I am saying, the 6023 is an upgrade from the 6020 but not from the 6020-1.

I read all the specs on both and the 6023 is IDENTICAL to the 6020-1 except for the colour.

As for the dimensions you posted, the differences are so small they are not worth even thinking about, it depends on which site you go on. My site lists the rotor diameter as 195mm, that is not correct either as the actual rotor diameter is 175mm, the actual length of both the 620 and the 6020-1 is 195mm. It makes no difference.

I have both the 6020 and the 6020-1. They look identical but are not, the difference being the Gyro.

You show a parts list for the S107 but where are the parts for the 6023?

Also the site for the 6023 shows two completely different dimemsions for the product and the second set of dimensions makes no sense at all.

Do not be blinded by the small differences you see on the sites re: dimensions, they are meaningless, look at the overall picture and make an educated decision.

But once again I will state the 6023 and 6020-1 are the SAME except for the colours and they are made by the same manufacturer and use the same TX.

They simply put different stickers on the TX's, one of mine has a SH sticker and the other has a TWISTER sticker yet both helis are labeled X-Power Super Engergy. One came in a Swift box and the other in a X-Power box.

It is up to you what you get
Jan 22, 2010, 11:41 AM
I just got the s107 in this morning and have ran two flights on it and it flies extremely well! I wish there was a little faster forward flight, however I am used to now flying an MCX with the control arm mod, so I'm a bit spoiled compared to it being my first heli, however it really is extremely smooth and is pretty much perfect right out the box. The parts are available for it just as Tuc noted.

The reason I chose it, was because I watched all the videos and liked the control it had, but also I liked the look of the controller alot better than the 6023 or 6020-1 or any San Huan helis. I'm not saying it is a better controller(probably the same guts), I just liked the fact it looked more like a classic styled controller (Tr) than the other ones.
Jan 22, 2010, 11:51 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7
I just got the s107 in this morning and have ran two flights on it and it flies extremely well! I wish there was a little faster forward flight, however I am used to now flying an MCX with the control arm mod, so I'm a bit spoiled compared to it being my first heli, however it really is extremely smooth and is pretty much perfect right out the box. The parts are available for it just as Tuc noted.

The reason I chose it, was because I watched all the videos and liked the control it had, but also I liked the look of the controller alot better than the 6023 or 6020-1 or any San Huan helis. I'm not saying it is a better controller(probably the same guts), I just liked the fact it looked more like a classic styled controller (Tr) than the other ones.
jlcamp:

Yes I know what you mean, the infrared heli versus the MCX. I have a Nine Eagles Solo myself and both the 6020 and the 6020-1. Plus there are a lot of others I have, click on my name on the left and visit my blog. Scroll to the bottom and visit my fleet, you will be surprised.

The big problem in flying the infrared versus a Solo or MCX is the big difference in the controls location. on the MCX and the Solo one has 4 channesl versus 3 for these minis.

I was looking at the MCX but I did not like the price of the kit and also the price of the parts. There is a $30 spread in the price of the 5 in 1 between these two. The Solo flies very stable and is actually easier to fly and control than the infrared.
Jan 22, 2010, 04:16 PM
Tuc
Tuc
Thread OP
Thanks Jlcamp7 for your feedback of the S107.
Ok Frieslander, I trust you now and I have a few more questions !
Before looking at the cheap 3CH helicopters, I was very interrested in buying a Nine Eagle Solo Pro II (new version, can be seen on Miracle Mart). Waiting for my E-sky USB remote control, to start my training with 4 channels helicopters, and knowing that I fly with 3D planes (I keep them in the air, I'm not a professionnal!), do you think that the Solo Pro II is a better choice to flight at home and outdoor (with no wind at all)?

Thank you very much !

Tuc
Last edited by Tuc; Jan 22, 2010 at 04:28 PM.
Jan 22, 2010, 04:39 PM
Master Chief
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuc
Thanks Jlcamp7 for your feedback of the S107.
Ok Frieslander, I trust you now and I have a few more questions !
Before looking at the cheap 3CH helicopters, I was very interrested in buying a Nine Eagle Solo Pro II (new version, can be seen on Miracle Mart). Waiting for my E-sky USB remote control, to start my training with 4 channels helicopters, and knowing that I fly with 3D planes (I keep them in the air, I'm not a professionnal!), do you think that the Solo Pro II is a better choice to flight at home and outdoor (with no wind at all)?

Thank you very much !

Tuc
Hi Tuc
Most single rotor ultra micros are not a good choice for the novice to begin rc helicopter training, the only one that comes to mind is the Blade msr
At that size they are very twitchy and hard to control even for those with experiance
If you want to try a single rotor larger is more stable and easier to learn with
If you want to stay utra micro size and learn then try a 4 channel coaxial
You may want to try the Solo or freespirit (Coaxs) first
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1040741
Another nice one is the ProtoCX same as the solo
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1176582
Take care
Hank
Jan 22, 2010, 05:04 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Tuc:

Hank has the same opinion as I have about you starting with the Solo Pro II. It is not easy to fly and only the bigger more powerfull single blades are good for outside. You state you fly planes but just keep them up, they are easier to keep up than a helicopter. I wanted to go to planes too but I lack the area to fly them.

The Solo is a nice heli to fly and is a little taller but otherwise the same size roughly as the 6023 you are thinking of getting but the solo is much easier to fly. Also the Solo is a 4 channel and is lighter than the 6020 series at 27.6 grams with battery whereas the 6020 weights in at 40.2 grams.

The 6020 series reguire a charge time of about 25 to 45 minutes between flights wheras the Solo has removable batteries and with a set of 3 or 4 batteries and a wall charger you will spend more time in the air.

Believe it or not, the Solo is easier to fly than the 6020 series of helis. If you wish to fly outside someday, try the Esky V3 or V4, they can be modded to handle a certain amount of wind once you learn to fly.

The 6020 series and the 6023 series and theS107 series are more like toys. I have these so my grandson, who is 8, can have some fun when he comes over.
Jan 22, 2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander
Tuc:

Hank has the same opinion as I have about you starting with the Solo Pro II. It is not easy to fly and only the bigger more powerfull single blades are good for outside. You state you fly planes but just keep them up, they are easier to keep up than a helicopter. I wanted to go to planes too but I lack the area to fly them.

The Solo is a nice heli to fly and is a little taller but otherwise the same size roughly as the 6023 you are thinking of getting but the solo is much easier to fly. Also the Solo is a 4 channel and is lighter than the 6020 series at 27.6 grams with battery whereas the 6020 weights in at 40.2 grams.

The 6020 series reguire a charge time of about 25 to 45 minutes between flights wheras the Solo has removable batteries and with a set of 3 or 4 batteries and a wall charger you will spend more time in the air.

Believe it or not, the Solo is easier to fly than the 6020 series of helis. If you wish to fly outside someday, try the Esky V3 or V4, they can be modded to handle a certain amount of wind once you learn to fly.

The 6020 series and the 6023 series and theS107 series are more like toys. I have these so my grandson, who is 8, can have some fun when he comes over.
Oh, come on frieslander... That last statement about having those IR helis for your grandson... Do you really expect anyone to believe that?

Bill
Jan 22, 2010, 05:29 PM
Tuc
Tuc
Thread OP
I really worry about buying a Solo, and then buying a Solo Pro because the first is to easy and have limited skills...
I learn by myself how to fly with planes, maybe training on RealFlight will be enough for a Solo Pro? On youtube videos, it seems to been really stable (look 1min20, it flies alone without touching the transmitter):

Helitec - Nuevo modelo de la firma Nine Eagles , solo Pro (4 min 0 sec)

Do you really think the Solo is an essential step in my situation?

Tuc
Jan 22, 2010, 05:50 PM
Master Chief
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuc
I really worry about buying a Solo, and then buying a Solo Pro because the first is to easy and have limited skills...
I learn by myself how to fly with planes, maybe training on RealFlight will be enough for a Solo Pro? On youtube videos, it seems to been really stable (look 1min20, it flies alone without touching the transmitter):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0VdjT9K60w

Do you really think the Solo is an essential step in my situation?

Tuc
Hi Tuc
Were not saying the solo specifically just that at the ultra micro size none of the single rotors are suitable for a begineer
And you can do all the same maunuvers with a 4 channel coax as with the solo pro II , it is only a fixed pitch helicopter so no aerobatics
The point is the smaller a single rotor heli is the more unstable it becomes
And the harder to control
So larger single rotor helis and smaller coax helis are better for the begineer
Take care
Hank

Quick Reply