Jan 20, 2010, 07:23 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

BeNeLux RCAP and Multikopter day 2010

This is just a little first announcement.

Traditionally for the last three years we've had a Belgium-Netherlands-Luxembourg RC Aerial Photography and Multikopter day somewhere between 15 April and 1 May. For this year that means it will be either the weekend of 17/18 April or 24/25 April 2010, depending upon weather and calendars.

Location is also not yet fully established, but as the first was held in the flowerfields near Lisse, the 2nd in Limburg in the South of the Netherlands, and the third in Belgium, this one should take place either in the East (Gelderland/Overijssel), North (Groningen/Friesland/Drenthe), or middle (Utrecht/Flevoland) of the Netherlands. I am hoping for someone from one of these areas to step up to the plate and volunteer in helping with finding appropriate locations locally.

Of course we prefer flyers attending, including guests from other countries than the BeNeLux if they are in the neighbourhood, but we have so far not been too restrictive with respect to spectators, as long as they register beforehand so that they know where to find us on the day itsself.

Anyone interested in participating, or helping with the local organisation, please send me a PM as soon as possible.
Last edited by Arthur P.; Jan 22, 2010 at 05:28 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 20, 2010, 08:43 AM
Thread OP
Weather forecasts are quote good for this weekend. And even the "volcanic ash emperor's cloak" seems to have become invisible So the BeNeLux RCAP and multikopter day 2010 is going to be this Saturday 24 April 2010. Anybody interested in participating but not yet contacted directly by me, best send me a message ASAP.
Apr 29, 2010, 04:53 PM
Thread OP
The BeNeLux RCAP day 2010 was quite successful with respect to perfect weather and a very nice location on the banks of the river IJssel opposite to the town of Deventer with no need to drive to another location during the day.

Here are some pics.
Apr 29, 2010, 04:58 PM
Thread OP

BeNeLux RCAP day 2011: 16 April 2011

Sadly there were a number of last minute cancellations as a number of people had been tweaking their craft the days before the meeting in less than optimal weather resulting in "too fast landings" with serious damage. In addition there were a number of people who had other commitments preventing them from coming. So for those interested in participating next year:

a) Block your calendars for the 16 April 2011, with 17 April, or 14 or 15 May as alternate dates in case the weather is non-cooperative. Location will again be in the central parts of the Netherlands (i.e. Utrecht, Noord Brabant or Gelderland) to keep driving times for attendees reasonable.

b) If you plan to come, don't worry about tweaking your gear just before the meeting if the weather is less than optimal. Just do it on the day itsself. At least you'll allow others to share in the fun (and get some consolation to boot)
Apr 29, 2010, 05:09 PM
Thread OP
FredericG posted his pics of the day in his blog: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=14137
Apr 30, 2010, 05:06 AM
Smile & wave
Itís great to see meetings like this, nice to see the weather held for you guys.

Gray
Apr 30, 2010, 01:15 PM
Arthur,

It's nice to see the Netherlands again. You had some decent weather for the meet unlike when we last met!

It appears from the photos that the Quads outnumber the planes now.

Richard
Apr 30, 2010, 04:24 PM
Thread OP
The quads already outnumbered the planes last year 5 to 1 or so. Interestingly seeing the good old EaysGlider doing some nice flying did rekindle my intent to finalize a kit I still have lying around and at least have one ready for higher altitude / larger area AP and do some practice flights within the coming weeks as well.

The multikopters without FPV are limited to about 100 meters max and you don't want to fly to far away due to disorientation. And even with FPV I would not want to go too high for risk of encountering unusually low flying 1:1 craft. Their really value is in the the very quick car to air time (I can be in the air within 1 minute of getting out of the car with a multikopter, but may need several minutes with a plane which needs assembly), and the lower altitude, close in flying, particularly in the very densely populated are of the country where your LZ may be just a meter square or so. But for larger objects where you need to circle more widely and get a bit higher to get all angles, and where you have a decent pasture or other open field without traffic to fly from close enough to the target, EasyGlider planes or similar wingspan ZagNutz like flying wings still have a lot of value. In less densely populated parts of the country, I would probably occassionally be using a winged craft for AP projects, might not even had felt a high need to move towards multikopters.

With the RCAP day we have so far always looked for locations which were doable also for reasonalby experienced flyers of winged craft (at minimum they should be able to come in over trees or a building and land with a cross wind in an area the size of half a football field).

Quick Reply