May 15, 2003, 01:39 PM
Thread OP

30kmh wind but you know you got to fly...

It can get pretty windy out here... Today for example... we have 20-25kmh winds and gusts around 30-35kmh.

My planes are all grounded with such winds (I fly small electric planes) but I gotta fly something... SO I bought an acrobatic kite...

OH MAN !!!!

Guys try this, I got a Prism Adrenalin, 66" wingspan, 2 cords with handle... it's awesome... See this as a wire controlled Zagi
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2003, 04:55 PM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
Yeah, on a recent trip to Myrtle Beach I found myself with nothing to fly and strong winds.. Bought an F-16 kite.. what a hoot... tons of fun but it's not very good kite flying at home in PA.. winds are never steady enough in direction or velocity.. Some of those kite guys are really serious.. some expensive stuff out there
May 15, 2003, 08:21 PM
Will work for planes
Try a slope plane. They like high winds.
May 15, 2003, 08:25 PM
Thread OP
I'd love to but the highest slope within 100km/h must be like 6 foot high
May 15, 2003, 08:49 PM
characters welcome!
Yup. When I go to the field I always take a sloper and a kite. I'm never grounded for long.

mw
May 15, 2003, 09:24 PM
If you don't have a slope handy, try a Sig Kougar. The thing loves wind. I've landed cross wind when it was almost too hard to stand up straight.

I also keep a 2 line stunt kite in the van too. Loads of fun, and as an added bonus, it can be a real workout
May 16, 2003, 01:02 PM
Rehab is for quitters
Tic, eastern PA aint got the winds. However, those of us in western PA get them!!!!! And, I think I know why too. Must be
all the Zagi flyers out west pushing the air across the great plains!!!!

Dave...

Quick Reply