Jan 19, 2010, 08:55 PM
Discussion

Florio Planes

My friend and I are looking for sources for some of the Florio planes like the Nifty 50, Coal Hauler, etc. Plans would be fine. Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2010, 08:29 PM
What are you looking for ? Kits will be out soon!
Apr 02, 2010, 11:14 AM

Kits

Hey! Pleeeaaasse keep me posted on the kits. I like the Nifty 50 and the shoulder wing sorta stick like plane (dunno the name...)
Apr 15, 2010, 10:28 PM

kits

Any news on the kits?
Apr 16, 2010, 01:21 PM
I have the plans for the florio flyer 40. I've been wanting to build another one. My last one was a great plane.
Apr 26, 2010, 11:39 PM
Update on the kits ! Jim Florio is a very good friend of mine and I just acquired the rights to all the airplanes that he and his father drew up over the years. John and Jim helped teach me to fly when I was a kid in the early 80's and I have built many of the flyers over the years. I said it years ago and I'll say it today,,, these are great flying airplanes! It's amazing how many people over the years recognize my flyers at the flying field and compliment on how good they are. Mr. Florio sure got it right with his designs. John Florio sure is missed in the r/c world today, and I'm sure glad I can say I new him well.
Jim is patiently working with me to get things set up and I keep drilling him for all the knowledge I can get out of him. These are big shoes to fill and its humbling and an honor to know Jim trusts me with his dad's life work.
So hang tight! As of now I have Flyer 40's , Flyer 60's , and Nifty 50's about 80% ready to go, and the Stunt Wagon is close behind. Other kits may come out shortly after I get settled in with the first four. (This is more work than you think !)
Zagabond, if its a "V" tail, its a Yankee Twister . If its a flying tail, its a Quick Draw.
Well, gotta go make more bulsa dust.
Dan
Apr 27, 2010, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the update Dan, sounds great!
Oct 02, 2010, 06:42 AM
Master Of The Crash
I need a wing kit & plans for the florio flyer .40 I have the rest of the kit brand new in the box. I bought it off ebay as a complete kit. but is wasn't.

Thanks Johnny.
Oct 08, 2010, 12:38 PM
WOW this is great news. I remember the the various Florio plans from way back. Still have a Nifty 50 somewhere. Always thought they would make GREAT electric conversions
Oct 10, 2010, 09:54 PM
Jim was flying an electric Nifty today at Rynoldsville. He also flew a Nifty Bipe, and that airplane looks sweet. I hope it is kited. John
Oct 11, 2010, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrooks01
Jim was flying an electric Nifty today at Rynoldsville. He also flew a Nifty Bipe, and that airplane looks sweet. I hope it is kited. John
That's cool...What motor/prop/# of cells was he using? I had an old K&B Sportster .28 on mine swinging an 11x4 prop. Was a great power combination for that plane; although more would be better

Lost this one when the wire connecting the elevator pot came off on the transmitter. This was an Airtronics radio. The poor thing kept doing inverted loops as it got closer and closer to the ground... Ripped the head right off the motor when it "landed" Boy I miss that plane.
Oct 23, 2010, 09:18 PM
My hangar is,... "almost" full

Nifty 80

I've ordered plans for the Nifty 80. My intention is to totally redesign the construction techniques to lighten it up to make it somewhat similar to a 72" Telemaster in weight and power requirements. Mine will also have ailerons and flaps. It should be fun. Anyone have pics of other the Florio designs? If so lets post them. Here's the Nifty 80, and Nifty 50.

I'll definately do a build thread.

Fred
https://home.comcast.net/~guilfoyle72/
Last edited by No Step; Oct 23, 2010 at 09:27 PM.
Oct 24, 2010, 07:18 AM
Here's some pics of my Yankee Twister. Awesome Fun Flyer! I really wish I could get my hands on some other Florio kits.

Colin
Oct 24, 2010, 06:17 PM

Florio Planes

Here's a few pics of some other planes that were in a flyer that came with my Yankee Twister.

Colin
Oct 24, 2010, 07:25 PM
My hangar is,... "almost" full
I really like the looks of the Nifty 50 also.
Anyone have plans for the Nifty 50?
Last edited by No Step; Oct 24, 2010 at 09:49 PM.

Quick Reply