This thread is privately moderated by b-29er, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 19, 2010, 06:28 PM
Running jokes into the ground
Thread OP
Discussion

New to the hangar

Well, i can now add 2 more planes to the list of RTF aircraft in my collection

1. Now returning from a motor replacement, my Sig Wonder. It now has an LEO 28 engine, twice the original size, and possibly enough flight to hover, and more!! However, i still have plans to add retracts.

2. This summer, just stay indoors! it's a flying shark! Just assembled this weekend! I hope to add some EPP teeth to it for some scale looks (the mouth is just missing something.)

I plan on maidening in 2 weeks on Saturday, January 30!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2010, 06:34 PM
What goes up, must come down
you got the shark, nice!
i think some teeth will make it look sweet
Jan 19, 2010, 06:36 PM
Thread OP
Well, if i run into some time, i'll add a few.

By any chance, do you have that foam safe ca?
Jan 19, 2010, 07:05 PM
No i have not got any foam safe ca yet and i dont have yours you took it back with you.
Jan 19, 2010, 10:47 PM
hey....i thought that Leo was a freebie?

is that the shark from here :
http://www.nitroplanes.com/fms4chflshrt.html

this one is blue :
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=9144

i hope to see a video on both the wonder and the shark...
Jan 19, 2010, 11:41 PM
Which way is it blowing?
Slope Shark?!
Jan 19, 2010, 11:49 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King
hey....i thought that Leo was a freebie?

is that the shark from here :
http://www.nitroplanes.com/fms4chflshrt.html

this one is blue :
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=9144

i hope to see a video on both the wonder and the shark...
Updated. Yes, it was a freebie. My appologies.

Yes. The shark was purchased from nitro. It looks great, at the moment...

I am going on a giant flight next saturday, weather permitting. So, if possible, of course, i will make a video of the planes flying...once i download that classic "Jaws" music.

Here are all of my planes ( i hope to get them all flying)

Trainers

1. Avistar (the original)
My first real glimpse into rc flying. I learned on it, did my first balsa repair on it, first monokote... It's been around

2. Super cub (so easy, a caveman could fly it)
A recent addition. It flies great, plays the whole field- as fast or slow as you wanted, and can run through a knife and gun factory unscathed. However, i ran it into a tree, and so i need to re-glue the engine mount...again.

JETS!!!

1. The f-4 (fast!)
A j-power f-4 phantom. Great for fast flying. Currently has some foam missing (spray-on polyurethane still eats!!), hope to remedy that.

2. The amx (amphibious)
It flies off everything but concrete and water. Snow, Grass, or hand launch it. Great performance, great glide

3. Flying Shark (Jaws)
Just built it.

Everything else

1. Sig wonder (testbed)
This thing will burn a hole through the air! Great maneuvers, nice landings. Upgrading to a .28 and retracts, so add hover to capabilities

2. Mini-Mustang
A Parkzone mini-mustang. They do not like the cold!!!Flights in the cold go from 4 minutes to 30s. Maneuvers good, light.

3. Ember
Still working on this...It flies like a slow stick, only tiny.
Last edited by b-29er; Jan 20, 2010 at 12:22 AM.
Jan 19, 2010, 11:52 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF Sloper
Slope Shark?!
Nah, that would be kinda boring, especially since there really aren't a lot of slopes. This thing growls by means of a 64mm EDF!!! The inside looks like a food processor. The inlet is about 2 times larger than the outlet, so there will be plenty of room for a nice row of teeth. I can fit my hand and half my arm in it to carry it

Here's how it looks
FLYING SHARK EDF (3 min 56 sec)

And let's put it this way- them ailerons on this plane are huge. So maneuvering will not be boring.
Last edited by b-29er; Jan 19, 2010 at 11:58 PM.
Jan 20, 2010, 01:01 AM
Which way is it blowing?

I see what you mean!
She's no grouper
Jan 20, 2010, 01:06 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF Sloper

I see what you mean!
She's no grouper
Most of my planes aren't. The j-power jets are bullet fast and fly on rails, the wonder wing, let's say that if i see it after 5 seconds, i'll be lucky. Projected rpm max is 17000, on a 9x6, at 95 mph....This thing can outspeed the highway. I have never seen myself as a slow flyer. I fly these all from the snow, and can line up and land an avistar trainer on a dinky 10x50 runway lined with snow, ask crazypilot.
Jan 20, 2010, 10:38 AM
it's true b-29er can land on a freakishly small runway!

i have a nice video cam for when we go out on Saturday that i can make a movie for everyone.
Feb 01, 2010, 08:57 PM
here is a video of the landing gear for the wonder wing

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4#post14234474

Quick Reply