Feb 01, 2010, 01:11 PM
Where can I get the plans for the little toni or cosmic wind?
Last edited by Coop; Feb 01, 2010 at 02:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 01, 2010, 01:35 PM
Speed Demon
I have an old "Cosmic Wind" kit that looks like it's right in the spirit of this. Would one of these sized correctly fit this class?
Feb 01, 2010, 02:07 PM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
Archie, what speeds were you getting on the HK motors...? I'm most curious on the Q500's.
Feb 01, 2010, 02:13 PM

times

Just curious what sort of 10-lap course times are you beta-testers seeing with these models?

Sorry, I lost my link to the rules, does the E-F1 course correspond to an established AMA Q-course for ex?, or is it a specific dimension to suit the cadence of this new event?
Feb 01, 2010, 03:24 PM
Troy,

With the Turnigy 35-48-1100 on 4S 2350's and an APC 9 x 7.5, calculated speed is 105 mph. This is on my Composite V-Raptor that I have done 1:10 with a Nelson 40. RTF weight was 3.75 lbs. I flew this against my Brother in a mock up race against a TT Pro 40 powered (AMA#424) Conspirator and it was about 10-15 mph slower than the glow powered. I have tried the 9 x 9, but the prop cavitated and I was against the limit of what the batteries would give.

The next step in the testing was to go to 4S 3300's and try again. Then I was going to try 5S 2650's with the 9 x 6 and 9 x 7.5. I hope to continue that testing this year. I want to build a specific EP Q-500 with an extended nose to allow for the battery to be removed through the front hatch without removing the wing. Plus it would eliminate the need to have that bulky GP aluminum mount I had to use to get the balance right.

EF-1's are the same speed as AMA#424 quickie 500's. 115-120mph. I would say that times on the short course (2mi 475' x 100') would be in the mid to low 1:20's.

Archie Adamisin
Muncie, Indiana
Feb 01, 2010, 06:03 PM
I think that this is a great idea for a number of reasons:
1. It brings back the memories of racing F1 and Quarter Midget (.15)
2. It is my favorite kind of building with laser cut kits or ARFS.
3. It is affordable for me.
4. Races with an even playing field are fun.
5. I have been flying more and more electric powered and less and less IC powered.

Now, if I can only get my hands on a laser cut or ARF of the Audacious or Shoestring.
Feb 01, 2010, 08:18 PM
Pile-it
I was finally able to finish my plans fo the Nemesis EF-1. I plan to offer it as a laser cut kit in the near future. I am willing to sell the plans at this point as long as you understand that this has not been built or flown yet. I'm sure it will fly great, but I would usually like to prove it to myself first. These are very nicely detailed with full size parts and core templates. Although it is designed to be laser cut with tab & notch type construction, you could easily leave the tabs off and hand cut the parts.

I will be producing machine cut cores and fiberlass parts for those who want to build plans only in the future.

Plans are $25 shipped ConUS rolled up in a sturdy tube. If you are outside the US, let me know and we can work something out.
Latest blog entry: Impulse - Wing build begins!
Feb 01, 2010, 09:02 PM
Red,
holy moly is that great! Terrific set of plans. I agree it should fly wonderfully. You are good and fast!

jerry
Feb 01, 2010, 09:15 PM
Need 4 Speed!
Alien tech,

Your Nemesis looks great! Please put me on the list for a kit when your ready to sell them
Latest blog entry: original Y/A F-18 Kit
Feb 01, 2010, 09:22 PM
Pile-it
Thanks guys. I'll start another build thread soon and will put kit details there so I don't take this thread too far off topic.

Back on topic, I've ordered a motor. The e-mail said up to 45 days for delivery but I've ordered from Hobby King in the past and it took about 10 days, so hope this one is that quick. I have an ESC, batts and all the radio gear, so this one should go together quick.

I have the laser files all ready to go, but I'm waiting on some large (12" x 48") sheets of light ply before I can cut. They should be here by Friday.

I may start cutting cores in the mean time.
Feb 02, 2010, 08:54 AM
Great set of plans Alien Tech. Put my name on the kit list.
Feb 02, 2010, 10:00 AM
Pile-it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
Great set of plans Alien Tech. Put my name on the kit list.
Will do Coop...thanks.
Feb 02, 2010, 12:23 PM
Wandering IT geek
As an interested observer I'll add that I'd also like information on kits/arf's when they become available. My building skill is fairly limited so I'd lean towards an ARF over a kit.

The club I belong to holds races several times a year with several different classes of planes. I'll take a look at the rules and see what the course looks like for this class to see if its feasible to add this category to the event. We did write our own rules for E-Racing but I think there'd be as much if not more interest in racing these planes.

Anyway, I'm subscribing to the thread and am really quite interested in owning one of these kits!
Feb 02, 2010, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin4740 View Post
The club I belong to holds races several times a year with several different classes of planes. I'll take a look at the rules and see what the course looks like for this class to see if its feasible to add this category to the event.
Here is an easy link to the proposed rules for E-F1 on the NMPRA website:
http://nmpra.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2379

For those not familiar with interpreting the way AMA rules are written, the three pole course is 475 feet from the base of the #2-#3 pylons to the #1 pylon. The .20 size two-pole course (proposed as an option) is 450 feet pole to pole.

You have to go to the diagram found in the AMA competition regulations to discern this information.

Randy
Feb 02, 2010, 02:23 PM
I have a NIB Great planes Cosmic Wind Minnow for sale cheap.

Quick Reply